Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Chocolate Teapot
43 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Top literally said we “planned our finances on a degree of player trading” and that “our short terms means of offsetting expenditure is generating profits through player trading”.

As well as the finances clearly showing we had to sell to buy if we wanted relatively balanced books every year. 

He said it this year and sold at a 55m profit on a player they didn't want to sell. Demonstrates there is no strategy and its chaos.

49 minutes ago, Strokes said:

We need a protest on the scale of what Chelsea fans did on the super league protest.

Stop the away coach coming in and get the game called off if they don’t sack him publicly.

And get fined?

We don't need a protest of anything. If the board cannot see that being bottom of the table, with 1 point, isn't good enough then I don't understand what they will see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He said it this year and sold at a 55m profit on a player they didn't want to sell. Demonstrates there is no strategy and its chaos.

that was lucky - otherwise we would have needed to sell vestergaard and bouba .........

i'm not convinced by any of it - from King Power's finances all the way through 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Not all of them by a long way 

A severance deal is not embedded in a employment contract. He could have a very good package re severance and we are trying to negotiate the terms on which that ceases too be valid. We simply don’t know 

...you are right, we do not know the contents of the contract, but why would a legal team not have every thing catered for in all eventualities!!!

That is the reason why you employ these people, King Power will have QCs all over any potential court cases and would have had lawyers of equal standing drafting up these contracts.

I would say it is more about one man, and his trust in a person, who he has no right to trust, in this circumstance.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They made £35 million on Fofana roughly and paid about £15 for Wout Faes.so not a massive boost to capital. There has been a £10 million a year reduction in the pay bill however. Its the huge salary bill that is crippling everything of which Rodgers and his crew form a substantial part.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you are right, we do not know the contents of the contract, but why would a legal team not have every thing catered for in all eventualities!!!

That is the reason why you employ these people, King Power will have QCs all over any potential court cases and would have had lawyers of equal standing drafting up these contracts.

I would say it is more about one man, and his trust in a person, who he has no right to trust, in this circumstance.

You seem to have a lot of faith in the efficient running of football teams when history tells us that is far from the case. Ridiculous decisions are made all the time under pressure of the moment. Why should LCFC be any different?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ3CfLedqbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVQVG4Nhbws

Stick these two videos on the favourite list guys. At least this time when we are languishing 14th in the Championship we have enough memories for the wank bank. 

Ah Christ I could cry, what the hell has happened? 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

that was lucky - otherwise we would have needed to sell vestergaard and bouba .........

i'm not convinced by any of it - from King Power's finances all the way through 

Any financial strategy which hinges on selling players for large amounts is pretty ****ed.

38 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was talking more than just this year. 

"While we continue to build our wider revenue streams to compete with the established elite in the long-term, our short-term means of offsetting such expenditure is generating profits through player trading.

"We did that successfully for five straight summer windows before 2021, where we opted to make further investments in the squad without a significant sale. This summer, we couldn't risk unbalancing that equation further, so we decided space would need to be made in the squad before new additions could be brought in.

26 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Any financial strategy which hinges on selling players for large amounts is pretty ****ed.

Seems to work for lots of clubs in Europe eg Ajax, Monaco, Dortmund and Sevilla, to name but 4 clubs who've always sold their best talent but remained successful. The difference is, I guess, that they are established top clubs in their own leagues and therefore don't have to get past 6 much bigger and richer clubs every season to get into Europe, which is key to continually attracting top talent to replace outgoing players. 

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And get fined?

We don't need a protest of anything. If the board cannot see that being bottom of the table, with 1 point, isn't good enough then I don't understand what they will see.

Lol you’re probably not cut out to protest

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Even if he wins the Notts Forest game, he should still go. 1 win against a crappie team doesn't mean he deserves more time. 

This is my confusion, if he gets the Forest game then the result is irrelevant. Win, lose or draw he won't be going.

If he got sacked after the Forest game it'd be conclusive evidence that Top hasn't got a scooby about how to run a football club from the sporting side.

• Like 1

Had to laugh at this on BBC Sport:

"Leicester are unable to sack manager Brendan Rodgers as it would cost them £10m to pay him off. (Sun), external

Should the Foxes dismiss Rodgers, their shortlist for a new manager includes Mauricio Pochettino, Rafael Benitez and Sean Dyche. (Sun)"

What the fvck? The fact BBC feel it appropriate to share such crap is indicative of what their journalism has come to.

If we're 'unable to sack' him, then there is no shortlist. Why would we have a shortlist if we've come to accept that it isn't possible to sack the current boss. A shortlist for a job that doesn't exist lol

Contradictory guesswork in journalism makes an absolute mockery of the profession and us as fans. 

Yes, I'm venting because I was searching for signs of Rodgers' impending sack. I went digging and found bear-sized shite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm checking out people, it's beyond obvious either he's that up the arse of the hierarchy they can't see the wood for the trees or we financially can't pay him off, either way we are stuck with him

I'm so glad there is no game this weekend, can't wait to get beat by Forest and still be stuck with him after that, then the game after that, how on earth no one has come out and even gave him the dreaded vote of confidence is beyond me, the lack of communication from the board to the fans has been pretty disgraceful through all of this farce 

• Like 1

I haven't read every page of this thread so apologies if this has been suggested before.

We can't afford to sack BR, so we don't.  We don't have the money but the killer is that we will lose a small fortune if relegated.  To avoid relegation we need someone else taking charge of the team, so we put BR on gardening leave with no input to the club.  We then appoint a 'Director of Football' with a different job description which includes taking charge of the team in the absence of the manager.  We should be able to finance this in the short term and BR would probably disappear at the first opportunity before his obscurity becomes permanent.