Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

And get fined?

We don't need a protest of anything. If the board cannot see that being bottom of the table, with 1 point, isn't good enough then I don't understand what they will see.

A fine for the clubs not really much a deterrent to do anything really is it. Although we could stand outside the ground for aslong as we like. They still wouldn't sack him. Probably promote him to tops 2ic 

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you are right, we do not know the contents of the contract, but why would a legal team not have every thing catered for in all eventualities!!!

That is the reason why you employ these people, King Power will have QCs all over any potential court cases and would have had lawyers of equal standing drafting up these contracts.

I would say it is more about one man, and his trust in a person, who he has no right to trust, in this circumstance.

KCs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm assuming that the club are hoping that they can avoid a pay out by giving Rodgers the chance to turn it around. Personally I feel it's a mistake & they've missed an opportunity to give a new  manager the international break.

I'm still shocked & disappointed that Sue Whelan & Jon Rudkin allowed the financial situation to get so far out of hand. It could set our club back years !!

• Like 1

To turn it around, Rodgers needs to actually win some games of football, and I don't see any evidence that we are capable of beating any team at present. Every time we've taken the lead this season we've thrown it away, almost immediately in several instances. Our defensive organisation and shape has gotten progressively worse as each game passes, our goalkeeper gets worse with every appearance. We couldn't even beat a newly promoted League 2 team without needing a shootout.

What is giving the board confidence things will change if we just give him a few more games, he got given a few more after the Southampton game and he's lost 4 more since then?

I honestly don't see us taking a single point yet alone 3 until he's gone. We will be going into the World Cup with 1 point, hurtling full speed into the championship and a massive reduction in TV revenue, a devalued playing squad and much more restrictive FFP rules that will screw us for years all so we can save 10 million pounds - that we will have to pay him in wages anyway. It's absolutely insane.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a real danger here that the only way Rodgers gets the sack is when it's too late which baring in mind the pay off to him is likely going to be the same will be insult to injury. Top and the board are placing so much faith and hope that he can turn this around when it's so heavily stacked against us if you look at the evidence. When a manager has been here as long as Brendan and has lost their spark, plus drowned the squads confidence and morale too then it's really no surprise to see us breaking records for goals conceded, our away form in the last year is relegation standard, our overall form in 2022 is diabolical and we do not get results against any team worth their salt in this division any longer.

We are washed up pissheads and I don't see a happy outcome here. Even if and when he goes it's likely too late and little cause for relief anf celebration to our fanbase, so now we've actually got to hope and pray like the custodians of our football club seem to be doing that we somehow start getting points fast.

This is harrowing

Maybe even then he wouldn’t get the sack, maybe Rodger’s would be our Championship manager 

52 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

I haven't read every page of this thread so apologies if this has been suggested before.

We can't afford to sack BR, so we don't.  We don't have the money but the killer is that we will lose a small fortune if relegated.  To avoid relegation we need someone else taking charge of the team, so we put BR on gardening leave with no input to the club.  We then appoint a 'Director of Football' with a different job description which includes taking charge of the team in the absence of the manager.  We should be able to finance this in the short term and BR would probably disappear at the first opportunity before his obscurity becomes permanent.

Do you seriously believe we don’t have 10 million? We snatched the 60 million from Chelsea, coughed up 15 million for Wout and now the TSB bank account has zero pounds and pence and Top’s forgot his password for internet banking?

41 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I'm assuming that the club are hoping that they can avoid a pay out by giving Rodgers the chance to turn it around. Personally I feel it's a mistake & they've missed an opportunity to give a new  manager the international break.

I'm still shocked & disappointed that Sue Whelan & Jon Rudkin allowed the financial situation to get so far out of hand. It could set our club back years !!

any new coach won’t be paid more than 80k/week (assuming the no money thing isn’t nonsense and we are getting a poch) 

paying rodgers for the next three seasons will cost £27m (@ £9m per season)

paying Rodgers £10m severance and a new coach £4m for the next three seasons will cost £22m 

infact we can afford to pay £110/week and still be better off! 

I don’t believe the £10m is the issue 

it runs deeper than this 

I just think we aren’t ready to change coach and top believes rodgers can cobble together some wins in the meantime.  The other board members likely think stowell would do better! 

this assumes the £10m is close to reality 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Do you seriously believe we don’t have 10 million? We snatched the 60 million from Chelsea, coughed up 15 million for Wout and now the TSB bank account has zero pounds and pence and Top’s forgot his password for internet banking?

Being able to find the money and being prepared to spend it are entirely different.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

any new coach won’t be paid more than 80k/week (assuming the no money thing isn’t nonsense and we are getting a poch) 

paying rodgers for the next three seasons will cost £27m (@ £9m per season)

paying Rodgers £10m severance and a new coach £4m for the next three seasons will cost £22m 

infact we can afford to pay £110/week and still be better off! 

I don’t believe the £10m is the issue 

it runs deeper than this 

I just think we aren’t ready to change coach and top believes rodgers can cobble together some wins in the meantime.  The other board members likely think stowell would do better! 

It has been said many times on here before by people a bit more in the know, that Money isn't a factor here... We could sack him, if we wanted to... but we seemingly do not 

26 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

It has been said many times on here before by people a bit more in the know, that Money isn't a factor here... We could sack him, if we wanted to... but we seemingly do not 

I stand to be corrected, but unless rodgers agrees to take significantly less than he is legally entitled to, the monies paid to him will be over a period of time. he doesn't just get a transfer to his bank account on departure. 

the idea that we cant find the money over the next year or so is surely fantasy 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

For Rodgers to turn this around, he will need to abandon his philosophy, his ideology, his over rated self worth and his ego. 

He will do none of those things. If I were a betting man, I would be putting my money on us to finish bottom of the league and go down with a record probably worse than Derbys. 

It’s not that we’re even a poor team, we just have a “leader” who simply gives no ****s anymore. 

Im surprised he’s not written a book about his struggle. 

Bang on !!!!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Far from it personally.

I’ve hated going for well over a year, I think I speak for many when I say it’s a bore, it’s a chore.

So much so I missed several games turn of the year last season, the games I have gone to are out of habit.

I’d have loved to have not renewed my season ticket but if I gave it up I’d not get it back, if things snowball and continue in the way they are it might be something I need to consider in coming seasons but for now unfortunately I feel I have to renew.

You are right to an extent we have way too many happy clappy fans though.

Absolutely the same Matt, only renewed for similar reasons. It was pretty obvious how things were going to go this season but I thought Rodgers would be well gone by now and we could really get behind a new man after watching depression football. 

The fact that we've started so badly, continuing and exceeding the amount of goals we were leaking, rock bottom with bizarre team selections, tactics and substitutions, as if the manager is busting a gut to slyly try and get the sack for a payout ... and the complete nobhead is still here! Really doesn't say much about those in charge whichever way you look at it.

Will be going down to the Forest game with one intention only, to harrang Rodgers. I will happily shout for Leicester and encourage our players but I sincerely hope, come what may, whatever the score, that the board are made absolutely aware of the supporters feelings on this. 

I accepted the drop to Division One with good grace, accepted many a poor performance in the past, but have never felt so strongly about a manager since 1968 when I first went. If he doesn't go after Forest then my son and I will no doubt give it a miss. Having watch Quorn,  Melton and Birstall recently, I'd sooner go and watch them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1