Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 21/09/2022 at 17:04, Foxxed said:

A manager the fans and players want gone, a team leaking goals like never before with its confidence and motivation shot, when we’re stuck to the bottom of the table, past the point where we’ve sacked previous managers, when the manager himself has expressed his awareness of his probable sacking, on course for relegation, playing our biggest rivals next—and someone on the board is refusing to pull the trigger.

I’m past being angry to being puzzled as to why we’re acting in such a truly bizarre manner.

More accurately a manager the vast majority of foxestalk contributors want gone (zero evidence the wider fanbase does) and who we would like to think the players want gone (because WE do).

This sort of assumption is ridiculous! someone's mates brother says he heard one of the squad complaining, changes to "all the squad are unhappy" , to "they want him gone".

This is justifying our opinion by co opting a powerful group (the players) with not the slightest evidence and knowing they cant refute it!

I want a change as much as anyone but lets not get so hyperbolic that the argument against could be called unfounded and false.

I think the amount of banners and chants at the next game will give an accurate assessment of how the fans really feel, sadly l think we will all be disappointed here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J. James said:

More accurately a manager the vast majority of foxestalk contributors want gone (zero evidence the wider fanbase does) and who we would like to think the players want gone (because WE do).

This sort of assumption is ridiculous! someone's mates brother says he heard one of the squad complaining, changes to "all the squad are unhappy" , to "they want him gone".

This is justifying our opinion by co opting a powerful group (the players) with not the slightest evidence and knowing they cant refute it!

I want a change as much as anyone but lets not get so hyperbolic that the argument against could be called unfounded and false.

I think the amount of banners and chants at the next game will give an accurate assessment of how the fans really feel, sadly l think we will all be disappointed here.

I think the wider fan base what him gone now as well, I’m seeing less and less support for him on Facebook, Twitter and other online spaces and even talking to my friend who was an ardent Rodgers supporter until the Man U game now also wants him gone there is very little support for him in our fanbase now

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J. James said:

I don't know a single person that wants him to stay anymore...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, J. James said:

Did you go to the Southampton game, stadium was emptying at a rate when we fell apart, if we start to get mullered by Forest, could easily empty out again. 

General consensus from where I sit is that his time here is probably done, remember that was before the Brighton and Spuds games.

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

When I was leaving work today a colleague asked me who will get the Leicester job? Naturally I got excited as I thought he had seen some news, but no he wrongly thought that Rodgers had already been relieved of his duties. He couldn’t believe it when he found out he was still our manager.

I had the exact same thing yesterday. Someone thought he'd already been sacked and was surprised he hadn't. I think most football fans are amazed he's still here!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

When I was leaving work today a colleague asked me who will get the Leicester job? Naturally I got excited as I thought he had seen some news, but no he wrongly thought that Rodgers had already been relieved of his duties. He couldn’t believe it when he found out he was still our manager.

I hope you poisoned his tea 🤣

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

"Credit in the bank" :crylaugh: 

Listen, Ranieri had to go but what a disrespect to Ranieri - He wasn't given even an ounce of as much respect despite the biggest "credit in the bank".

And with the players he'd got left after departures, a change in tactics and rebuild was definitely required. I still believe some of the players were part of the problem then too. Although he tried to change the style, which had to be done with what he had, he failed. 

Ranieri had nowhere near the talent at his disposal that CoCo the Clown 🤡  currently has. If dismissal was good enough for Claudio, it certainly is for CoCo!

Whatever the rights and wrongs regarding Ranieri, he still inspires great affection. Rodgers, despite an FA Cup will just leave a bad smell 💩.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

As per other posts above, how completely disrespectful to Ranieri. As others, I thought it was time to go and was a good decision to halt the rot but he had far more credit than the poison dwarf.

I'm not having this. There's only one poison dwarf in Leicester's history, and to use that term for anyone else diminishes the utter, utter evil that was Dennis Wise. Nobody compares to that odious little sh*t and nobody ever will.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I'm not having this. There's only one poison dwarf in Leicester's history, and to use that term for anyone else diminishes the utter, utter evil that was Dennis Wise. Nobody compares to that odious little sh*t and nobody ever will.

Fair enough. I can agree to Poison Goblin or Odious Dwarf instead?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think the wider fan base what him gone now as well, I’m seeing less and less support for him on Facebook, Twitter and other online spaces and even talking to my friend who was an ardent Rodgers supporter until the Man U game now also wants him gone there is very little support for him in our fanbase now

I'd agree with this. Everyone can see that, if nothing else, there just has to be a change.

The bilious hatred of some on here probably isn't widely shared though, but I doubt you'd find many who don't think it's time he was gone.

3 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Fair point, could be his evil twin though?