Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Any credit he had in the bank went when he threw the players, board and fans under the bus.

I’ve generally been patient with managers in my time as a Leicester fan but this guy needs to go. I don’t know what the board are seeing that we aren’t - this is disgraceful. 

41 minutes ago, Craig said:

I don't know a single person that wants him to stay anymore...

I don't want to be seen as a 'troll', but I honestly do.*

*If Rodgers has heavily reflected on himself since the Tottenham game, and changes his mentality in terms of tactics and brings a more powerful purpose and spirit to the team again.

He knows he's very lucky to still be here, and am sure harsh words have been discussed with him.

Only he can change, and I give him the benefit of the doubt for the Forest game.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Haha 1

Claudio got sacked (rightly so) after a 2-1 defeat to Seville in the champions league last 16 , 1st leg.

Yes that's Seville away in the elite European competition. 

We've been battered at Arsenal, embarrassed at Brighton, humiliated at Tottenham, been useless against 10 man Chelsea for 70 minutes. 

Then there's blowing up v Brentford and another 5 minutes would had probably led to a defeat the way we crumbled.

As soon as Southampton woke up ,we were 2nd best for the rest of that game and Utd didn't need to get out of 2nd gear.

We were pretty awful throughout last season and used injuries as an excuse , which was fair to some extent.

We are horrendous to watch and have been for ages.

Surely the credit in the bank statement is a joke?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We're being strangled by our own FA Cup win, aren't we?

Don't see why we should be, that's history, not news. Dining out on an FA cup win and successive 5th places achieved, when 3rd looked an absolute guaranteed worst, isn't much to shout about when you're getting stuffed every week and staring at the championship. 

• Like 1

The personal attacks and language used against Rodgers are born out of intense frustration I agree but the principal criticisms against him are not personal. He is what he is and always has been. Unlike most Ulstermen who will hold to their particular side of the sectarian divide to their dying breath , his creed is high line possession football. He appears to refuse to accept that with the players at his disposal this can never work in any consistent way. The opposition know his stubbornness and will use it against him every time. If his pride and ego will not let him accept his mistake he will drive his career off a cliff. His time with us is finished anyway no matter what we do on the pitch but if he shows some flexibility in his thinking at least we will know he is getting the message.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

In January if we could spend 20 million on one player to keep us up, would we ??? Yes!

sack Rodgers now and get dyche in! That swill cost less than 20 million

I'm not sure that effectively spending £20m on the bloke who took Burnely down sounds as appealing to others as you think!

7 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Claudio got sacked (rightly so) after a 2-1 defeat to Seville in the champions league last 16 , 1st leg.

But he (probably) didn't get sacked because of the defeat to Seville; he (probably) got sacked because we were crap in the league.

The pric don’t wanna be here and we don’t want him anymore.

I don’t think I’ve ever been this angry towards a manager. His tactics are weak and unless he completely changes his way then we’ll keep conceding big chances and goals.

The weakness in this club from board to the players is unbearable right now.

8 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

But he (probably) didn't get sacked because of the defeat to Seville; he (probably) got sacked because we were crap in the league.

arghhh ok fair enough. Rodgers has got to be crap in the league to get sacked. 

Is bottom bad enough?? 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

*If Rodgers has heavily reflected on himself since the Tottenham game, and changes his mentality in terms of tactics and brings a more powerful purpose and spirit to the team again.

He knows he's very lucky to still be here, and am sure harsh words have been discussed with him.

Only he can change, and I give him the benefit of the doubt for the Forest game.

I think this is the biggest reason I want him gone. He doesn't even realise he's the problem and he's shown no flexibility in the whole time he's been here. The only thing that's changed is his salary

• Like 1

You've really got to question how he still has credit in the bank after the most league losses on the spin of any manager since Peter Taylor, the worst defensive record in the history of the PL and yet the manager who won us the Premier League got booted with less credit in the bank.

I know it's only 7 games gone but loom at the regression, we are rooted to the bottom of the table, we were only hovering around relegation zone when Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel got the sack.

This very much feels like the club consider this scenario to be like 2014/15 which couldn't be more different if they tried. Managers who have been  at a club 3-4 years and in free fall seldom ever turn it around. This is astonishing, and the board have no excuses or sympathy when this blows up in their face.

Delaying sacking him doesn't save us money yet with every additional game we lose, the margin of us surviving narrowed and we face potential financial ruin.

I feel very very unwell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

We've been battered at Arsenal, embarrassed at Brighton, humiliated at Tottenham, been useless against 10 man Chelsea for 70 minutes. 

Then there's blowing up v Brentford and another 5 minutes would had probably led to a defeat the way we crumbled.

As soon as Southampton woke up ,we were 2nd best for the rest of that game and Utd didn't need to get out of 2nd gear.

We were pretty awful throughout last season and used injuries as an excuse , which was fair to some extent.

We are horrendous to watch and have been for ages.

Surely the credit in the bank statement is a joke?

Forgot to add a goaless draw away at league 2 opposition where our GK on the night played a blinder but we stick with Danny "traffic cone" Ward. 

25 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He won’t change though, he his too arrogant to change his style of play. More chance of him getting the sack before the Forest game.

Even if we beat Forest it’s too far gone now for him to turn it around. 4 league wins so far this year January to October, it’s just not realistic to think that we can suddenly string 5 wins on the bounce. That is just scratching the surface with what’s wrong keeping him in charge there are fundamental weaknesses all over.

Admire your faith though, I lost mine one night in Rome.

• Like 1