Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

37 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I don't want to be seen as a 'troll', but I honestly do.*

*If Rodgers has heavily reflected on himself since the Tottenham game, and changes his mentality in terms of tactics and brings a more powerful purpose and spirit to the team again.

He knows he's very lucky to still be here, and am sure harsh words have been discussed with him.

Only he can change, and I give him the benefit of the doubt for the Forest game.

Good god man you must be a very poor judge of character!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

I haven't read every page of this thread so apologies if this has been suggested before.

We can't afford to sack BR, so we don't.  We don't have the money but the killer is that we will lose a small fortune if relegated.  To avoid relegation we need someone else taking charge of the team, so we put BR on gardening leave with no input to the club.  We then appoint a 'Director of Football' with a different job description which includes taking charge of the team in the absence of the manager.  We should be able to finance this in the short term and BR would probably disappear at the first opportunity before his obscurity becomes permanent.

Yeah this has been suggested 816 times already or something like that, no problem though you haven't missed anything, he is still kicking around the place, making things worse and getting paid handsomely for it 

Are the board blind, what credit does he have in the bank?  I fail to see it, Claudio had more credit in the bank, so that doesn't make any sense.   The board must be able to see that we are about as inspiring as a dog turd at the moment under Rodgers.  They must realise that he's burnt his bridges and there is no way back for him with most of the supporters.  Are the the board so cut off in their ivory tower that they don't see or feel the anger of the fans? 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I think this is the biggest reason I want him gone. He doesn't even realise he's the problem and he's shown no flexibility in the whole time he's been here. The only thing that's changed is his salary

The biggest (and only) reason I want him gone is that we're bottom, we're playing crap, and it doesn't look like he's able to fix it.

It would make no difference to me if he was the most flexible and self-aware manager ever.

Similarly, I wouldn't give a toss about him being a bit of a knob if we were up the top end of the table and playing some lovely stuff. Indeed, I didn't give a toss about it when those things were true. And I don't now. All I want is the team I support to be good.

I don't hate him; it's just as clear as day that it's time someone else had a shot.

Just now, StanSP said:

Really? 

I think everyone was just ready to accept our fate by that season lol

Comfortably. I knew we were wank then. Given how good we know this squad can be, it’s shameful the position we are in as fans. Wasted on dunces like Rodgers and his senile back room ‘staff’. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Never, ever in my years following us have I felt this disillusioned. Even around 07/08 I felt better about things. 

Mid season 14/15 was pretty shite!

2 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

The biggest (and only) reason I want him gone is that we're bottom, we're playing crap, and it doesn't look like he's able to fix it.

It would make no difference to me if he was the most flexible and self-aware manager ever.

Similarly, I wouldn't give a toss about him being a bit of a knob if we were up the top end of the table and playing some lovely stuff. Indeed, I didn't give a toss about it when those things were true. And I don't now. All I want is the team I support to be good.

I don't hate him; it's just as clear as day that it's time someone else had a shot.

But for him to turn it around here he's gonna have to change and be more flexible so it does matter. It ain't gonna happen

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Never, ever in my years following us have I felt this disillusioned. Even around 07/08 I felt better about things. 

Really? For me nothing has ever matched that dismal, sick feeling when we got relegated to the third division. This doesn't compare.

(Having said that, our actual season in the third division turned out to be one of the most fun seasons ever, so, you know...)

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Really? For me nothing has ever matched that dismal, sick feeling when we got relegated to the third division. This doesn't compare.

(Having said that, our actual season in the third division turned out to be one of the most fun seasons ever, so, you know...)

Knowing we’re much better than this and we’re being killed slowly makes it worse. We were wank then and we knew it. Guardiola wouldn’t have turned that ship around. 

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Knowing we’re much better than this and we’re being killed slowly makes it worse. We were wank then and we knew it. Guardiola wouldn’t have turned that ship around. 

Yes. You're right. Only Nigel 'God's gift' Pearson could have managed that. 

5 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I take your point, but I guess I'd rather be on a ship that at least has a chance of turning round than one that is just sinking and beyond help!