Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

It’s difficult to comprehend how BR has credit in the bank when it is abundantly clear that the direction of travel over years and months is a downward spiral across the key elements on the football side (tactics, results, player progression, recruitment, team mentality) 

All that matters is the here and now and the future. Football is too fast paced to dwell for this length of time on past achievements and particularly so when many of those are actually coloured by an element of failure.

• Like 4

On paper we do have winnable games coming up. The problem is we’ve already failed to beat Brentford, Southampton and Brighton. I don’t see Rodgers turning this around and feel his comments after the Spurs game we’re that of wanting out asap. It would of been the perfect opportunity for a new manager to join this week and get his ideas across. The only reason we haven’t got rid apart from financially is who they want they can’t get. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

But he (probably) didn't get sacked because of the defeat to Seville; he (probably) got sacked because we were crap in the league.

Yes but we were better in the league then than we are now and the league had a few poor teams in it then

Man gets credit in bank for doing job. Pathetic if it is true. I'm embarassed for Top at this stage, massively out of his depth and terrible judge if this is his call.

Love the long term planning, but he shouldn't be anywhere near footballing decisions.

Just now, filbertway said:

Man gets credit in bank for doing job. Pathetic if it is true. I'm embarassed for Top at this stage, massively out of his depth and terrible judge if this is his call.

Love the long term planning, but he shouldn't be anywhere near footballing decisions.

I get the credit in the bank. Each manager should earn it. Rodgers did for a time. 

But the credit has run out. Should be nothing left. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I get the credit in the bank. Each manager should earn it. Rodgers did for a time. 

But the credit has run out. Should be nothing left. 

I don't understand it. He's been paid handsomely to do a job and in the main he's failed to finish top 4 when we were clear odds on to do it. He's failed to qualify out of Europa league group containing Spartak Moscow and Legia Warsaw. He's won an FA cup by beating teams we were better than and getting a lucky victory in the final. I loved it, but it was hardly a shock if you luck at it logically. There's nothing I wouldn't expect a manager on huge sums of money to have achieved there. Nothing that builds up this magical extra credit.

I understand it if a manager is going above and beyond and delivering beyond expectations. If your manager saaaay, takes you up 2 leagues and puts together an incredible infrastructure that has the club operating at a high level

I've only seen us going backwards under Rodgers since 20/21. Lucky for him he had a talented squad put together by his predecessor, a man who clearly wasn't able to get the full potential out of the team. Mainly because half of them were crying because their mates were let go. He had the tough job of actually ripping up a tight knit squad and putting together a talented young team.

I sometimes wonder how Rodgers would have handled that. I think we'd already be a mid table championship team if he had taken over when Puel did.

I hope he finds a way back the bloke that joined us as that was a bloke full of positivity and genuinely enjoyed footie and scoring goals.

Unfortunately, that football now makes up about 20% of tenure and feels like it was a decade ago. I'd respect him if he walked, but I know I wouldn't walk away from that money.

Sorry mate, ended up being a bit of a ramble and I'm not even sure if it was worth quoting you in the end :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Never, ever in my years following us have I felt this disillusioned. Even around 07/08 I felt better about things. 

I feel similar, probably because I've never known a situation where the manager and seemingly the directors have given up.

Edited by Vestan Pance

47 minutes ago, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

Dont shoot me..

Yes his recent form as manager has been shit. But he hasn't had the ability to strengthen/update the squad as he wanted.

Top is a fan of loyalty no doubt  and there's something to be said for that!

Ferguson had some very bad early years before it came together

If we get demoted I'm sure he will be gone, until then, I think he will be here, trying to make it work.

It's very, very frustrating for us but... We ain't a top 5 team.

We shouldn't be a bottom 5 team either.

Let's see.

Not going to ‘shoot you’

But, first point about signings. Doesn’t wash for me. He has proven that his signings have had no impact so there’s no evidence signings would have strengthened us and that he’d have even played them.

Loyalty is good but not at the expense of the clubs well-being.

To compare him to Ferguson is massively offensive to Ferguson. Ferguson know how to refresh things and overcome tough spells which Rodgers hasn’t.

Agree he’ll be gone by then but disagree he is trying to make it work. He has given up and is begging for the sack.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't understand it. He's been paid handsomely to do a job and in the main he's failed to finish top 4 when we were clear odds on to do it. He's failed to qualify out of Europa league group containing Spartak Moscow and Legia Warsaw. He's won an FA cup by beating teams we were better than and getting a lucky victory in the final. I loved it, but it was hardly a shock if you luck at it logically. There's nothing I wouldn't expect a manager on huge sums of money to have achieved there. Nothing that builds up this magical extra credit.

I understand it if a manager is going above and beyond and delivering beyond expectations. If your manager saaaay, takes you up 2 leagues and puts together an incredible infrastructure that has the club operating at a high level

I've only seen us going backwards under Rodgers since 20/21. Lucky for him he had a talented squad put together by his predecessor, a man who clearly wasn't able to get the full potential out of the team. Mainly because half of them were crying because their mates were let go. He had the tough job of actually ripping up a tight knit squad and putting together a talented young team.

I sometimes wonder how Rodgers would have handled that. I think we'd already be a mid table championship team if he had taken over when Puel did.

I hope he finds a way back the bloke that joined us as that was a bloke full of positivity and genuinely enjoyed footie and scoring goals.

Unfortunately, that football now makes up about 20% of tenure and feels like it was a decade ago. I'd respect him if he walked, but I know I wouldn't walk away from that money.

Sorry mate, ended up being a bit of a ramble and I'm not even sure if it was worth quoting you in the end :D

Some of it applied I guess lol lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Could Top want him gone but is respecting Whelan or Rudkin's insistence on keeping him?

... if Top wanted him gone, then he would already be gone!!!

The situation could just be Top promised him a refresh, he (Top) was caught out by the FFP situation and now feels that he owes Rodgers the time to rebuild. Until the rebuild has been put into place and a suitable amount of time allowed for it to mesh, Top will give him the time. I am not sure this is what Rodgers wants, but I would say Top feels he owes him one.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The situation could just be Top promised him a refresh, he (Top) was caught out by the FFP situation and now feels that he owes Rodgers the time to rebuild. Until the rebuild has been put into place and a suitable amount of time allowed for it to mesh, Top will give him the time. I am not sure this is what Rodgers wants, but I would say Top feels he owes him one.

Top's dragging us along the bottom of the table because he promised Brendan money we don't have for a refresh all evidence and experience shows he'll fail at? I will be looking forward to that then.

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

😂...I think he must of give him one!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I think this is the biggest reason I want him gone. He doesn't even realise he's the problem and he's shown no flexibility in the whole time he's been here. The only thing that's changed is his salary

This. A good manager learns from his failure and changes or at least compromises a little, not this man its his way or dont play!

Winning + entertaining = heaven

Losing + boring = Rodgersball = hell

I'd settle for any combination except this one!