Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, J. James said:

Rodgersball

Just been watching sky sports news and they was showing various stats on the side of screen 

Jonny Evans is 5th in the most passes and most touches categories (top 4 are Man City) N’didi and Youri are next in the list for us at 18th & 20th 

Team stats 

8th for goals scored, 20th for goals conceded 

2nd for passes completed

14th for shots 15th for shots blocked 

13th for tackles won 12th for clearances 

16th for corners won 

• Like 1

The Rodgers to Leicester rumours started a few weeks before Puel was sacked and him officially approached and joined us. It's not out the realms of possibility this has been very very indirectly pondered and even discussed.dont do it to yourselves though, but every ounce of focus in to how you will vocalise your feelings on Monday 3rd October. 

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Just been watching sky sports news and they was showing various stats on the side of screen 

Jonny Evans is 5th in the most passes and most touches categories (top 4 are Man City) N’didi and Youri are next in the list for us at 18th & 20th 

Team stats 

2nd for passes completed

16th for corners won 

That’s the real quiz 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The Rodgers to Leicester rumours started a few weeks before Puel was sacked and him officially approached and joined us. It's not out the realms of possibility this has been very very indirectly pondered and even discussed.dont do it to yourselves though, but every ounce of focus in to how you will vocalise your feelings on Monday 3rd October. 

Think it's been mentioned before that one of the reasons why Rodgers MAY still be in a job is that the owners want someone to start and come in straight away as soon as they sack him. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Team stats 

2nd for passes completed

16th for corners won 

Ahh statistics dont you just love 'em, they tell you so much in so many different and wonderful ways 😊

Statistics.... Make you feel warm inside...

Leicester city - 20th.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

Admire your faith though, I lost mine one night in Rome.

That game in Rome showed how bad Brendan is in in game tactics.....in can do it before a game and during halftime, but is utterly clueless during a game.

He isn't in the same league as Mourinho, I wanted to see him show passion and know how to help the players but he failed at his job on that day.

• Like 2

Wouldn't surprise me if Top and co. have lined someone up to come in following the Forest game in the instance that we lose. They may also think it's unfair on a new manager to come into a high-pressure fixture like this at home when the atmosphere is already poor. 

With regards to Rodgers, they may want to give him one final chance as it is the type of game against a side down there that shows whether there is any signs he can turn it around with it being as back-to-the-wall as you could possibly get. I believe that this is the final straw, but it's evident that the financial situation and possibly positive personal relationships has meant that a decision on Rodgers has been eeked out as long as possible. This really must be the final chance, though. 

This match also lines up a "better" run of fixtures - so it's perfect for a new manager coming in or for Rodgers to have a stab at a resurgence (as hard as that is to see). 

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There were stories suggesting our interest in Rodgers in the summer of 2018, a good seven or eight months before Puel left, and when Vichai was still alive. I thought it was more than a coincidence at the time that we loaned Benkovic out to a boss that we were linked to. Brendan then proceeded to play him with an injury in a key game - leading to a very lengthy lay-off - when normally loanees aren't risked in this way. We were also linked to various players during this period who had worked previously with Rodgers (though I don't want to sound too much like a conspiracy theorist). Either way, it's not the first time we've lined up a manager over a long period of time, before going on to contract him. We were linked to O'Neill and Holloway a year before they were appointed.

• Like 1

I think there is something in the ‘can’t  afford to sack him’ rumours. Claudio got sacked for a lot less and weren't Puel’s final game results a lot worse? Claudio won the actually premier league. The only logical reason that could have changed the behaviour of our board surely is the financials? I imagine this has been discussed in the darkest corners on here already. But after all, every associated with LCFC “love’s a refresh! 

9 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Why would we be getting a manager in that would worry about a high pressure fixture that means very little to anyone from outside the East Midlands?

It's a free hit and a change in the dugout would galvanise our fans,who would not hold the new manager accountable for a negative result.

We need to gamble though and need to be on 4 points after that game, which I doubt Brendan will get us.

And if he does , most still want him gone

IF we manage somehow to beat Forest it will be for one reason only....

That they're slightly more dogshit than us!