Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

If/when we lose and he finally gets the boot, we had better have someone lined up ready to take over pretty sharpish. The two mini breaks in the run-up to the Spurs and Forest games would have been ideal for allowing a new manager to get acclimatised and spend time with the players, but at the very minimum I'd hope we'd have used the time off as an opportunity to sound out potential replacements and get one lined up in preparation for our latest humiliation. Of course instead of that I fully expect his sacking to precipitate a good week or two of fannying around while we have a good look through the inspiring list of out of work ex-PL managers.

• Like 1

34 points in our last 38 PL games, we were just about treading water even before this season.

We’ve been in almost terminal decline under Rodgers after his first season by most metrics. After a stale summer they should have been prepared to make a change to arrest the bad results seeing as we couldn’t change the playing staff.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Stadt said:

34 points in our last 38 PL games, we were just about treading water even before this season.

We’ve been in almost terminal decline under Rodgers after his first season by most metrics. After a stale summer they should have been prepared to make a change to arrest the bad results seeing as we couldn’t change the playing staff.

That is staggering. 

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Is that true? Oh good god!!!

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

45 points I think, we had 8 after 7 games last year and finished with 52 so 44 in 31 plus 1 from 7 so far.

Still not great.

10 minutes ago, Silverfox14 said:

Even if we beat Forest 10-0 that does not alter my view that a change is needed.  Timing is critical for a variety of reasons including the potential availability of Pochettino.

Wouldn’t he command similar wages to what Rodgers is on? He’d be a good alternative, but just think our next manager will be on a lower value deal than that. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Going to nail this to the boardroom door……

For attention of the Leicester city board.

I am emailing you today with regards the the situation surrounding one Brendan Rodgers, to express as a fan base our sheer disbelief at the stance to allow this man to continue to hold his position within this once great club.

Firstly, it seems apt to mention the success Brendan has had here, no one can deny that the FA cup victory and the charity shield were both fine achievements, but it’s also important to remember that this was a collective effort, each trophy was not won by Brendan Rodgers FC. Brendan will be remembered for these achievements, rightly so, however his position as manager is now untenable, and he simply has to go. 

During his time here, Brendan has been very Jekyll and Hide, his first two full seasons saw brilliant starts, followed by relegation form which saw the team throw away two golden opportunities to finish in the champions league places. Last season was largely erratic, and saw an incredible opportunity to get into a final of a European trophy thrown away by a timid, clueless performance. 

Since this time though Brendan’s demeanour and attitude has been unacceptable. His first murmurings of a ‘refresh’ should not have been tolerated by the club, this was a direct shifting of the blame away from himself, and it is a trend he has maintained since he first mentioned it. 

In reality, Brendan should have been sacked after losing 4-1 to Nottingham Forest, I question those who run the clubs knowledge of Leicester to think that, that was an acceptable result, it really was not, not at all. 

Since this time Brendan has been repeatedly banging the refresh drum, he also publicly thrown Caglar Soyuncu under the bus, which is an incredibly unprofessional thing to do, not to mention risking the depreciation in an asset at the club.

Following this a baron pre season came and went, with the loss of a leader (who wasn’t replaced) and a prized asset in Fofana. Brendans attitude this season so far has been abhorrent. He has publicly thrown you the board under the bus, the players, the recruitment teams and worst of all, us the fans. This is wholly unacceptable, how can an employee be allowed to make such ridiculous comments and receive backing? If I were the hand that fed, I would have shown him the door. 

If Brendan was as good a coach as he thinks he is, then he would have used this opportunity to prove it. The greatest people in their fields rise to challenges, they don’t cower behind excuses, and this is exactly what Brendan is doing, he has put on his amour of excuses to protect himself, and is deflecting them back onto the club, players and fans. 

This is clearly a tactic he is using to ensure his reputation remains intact, when really he should be inspiring those players to achieve their maximum. Please tell me how a team can go from eighth place (with an injury hit season) to suddenly being bottom of the pile? The squad is largely the same and we have key players back…. The person the blame is the manager. You need to face the facts, and they are Brendan does not want to be here anymore…. He is being paid a hell of a lot of money to sit around sulking and feeling sorry for himself, I believe that he genuinely views himself as bigger than this club, and his sheer arrogance and need to preserve his reputation are detrimental to this football club. 

I have been coming to watch Leicester since 1997, I first heard the clanking of the turnstiles against Wimbledon back in Filbert Street, that day I fell in love with a people’s club, now, I’m falling out of love. For the first time in my life, I’m genuinely disinterested in my football club. We’ve been to the depths of league one, and I enjoyed watching football more then, than I do now. Brendan’s complete lack of enthusiasm and will to succeed with this team has sucked every last ounce of life out of the club, watching Leicester has become a chore, to the point of the emotion has gone, I’m not angry or frustrated, I’m deeply disappointed in what has unfolded at this football club over the last year. 

You may as well forget stadium expansions, what is the point? This club is hurtling to the championship faster than a comet, could you imagine the financial ruin relegation would cause? 

We used to be looked upon with jealous eyes, and we were most peoples second team…. Now you may as well throw a large multicoloured tent over the stadium, as we’ve become somewhat of a circus, we’re the laughing stock of the league. 

I’ll tell you now, that when I have conversations with other football fans about Brendan they simply say to me, “well your owners haven’t backed him”…. How does that make you feel when outsiders think this? 

Brendon Rodgers time here is done, he can achieve no more, I implore you to see reason and act now, you’ve had most of an international break to make a change and use the two weeks to inject some life back into this club! We’ve got a monster of a game next Monday…. But I just do not have any faith at all Brendan can lead this team to victory, ever again. He’s compromised the football club to benefit his reputation, he simply has to go. 

Warmest regards 

A deflected Leicester city fan. 

You have a lot of spear time, I'm jealous. I also agree with you. Thank you 

40 minutes ago, Silverfox14 said:

Even if we beat Forest 10-0 that does not alter my view that a change is needed.  Timing is critical for a variety of reasons including the potential availability of Pochettino.

If Rodgers masterminds a 10-0 win against Forest he'd need a statue along with Vardy, would go down as GOAT and be given at least to League 1 relegation. 

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is that true? Oh good god!!!

This is screenshotted from before the Spurs game but including that it's 28 games this calendar year.

We've amassed a total of 28 points from 84 available in 2022 between the two Spurs shockers.

But let's not be kneejerk, he just needs more time :crylaugh:

form1.JPG

• Sad 3

43 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

1DBAA01C-E2C4-4C49-BC67-229405AD6C3A.jpeg

If there’s any truth to this at all, we ought to clear out the entire board for having zero ability to properly run the club and/or read the room. They’re really going to determine the club’s PL viability based on what amounts to a popularity contest on game day?!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

If there’s any truth to this at all, we ought to clear out the entire board for having zero ability to properly run the club and/or read the room. They’re really going to determine the club’s PL viability based on what amounts to a popularity contest on game day?!

Quick Google suggests the story has legs.

Two games to turn it round  - Daily Record.

A bit more time according to The Sun

Elsewhere Ole Gunnar is linked to replace him by a Manchester publication, so a bit of good news there. Until you think about it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Conscript Fox said:

Quick Google suggests the story has legs.

Two games to turn it round  - Daily Record.

A bit more time according to The Sun

Elsewhere Ole Gunnar is linked to replace him by a Manchester publication, so a bit of good news there. Until you think about it. 

It would be good news if you believed it and wanted to stay up.

The hard truth is we could look at League Two and pick whichever manager seemed to be the best job and hire him, no interviews, and we would improve over where we are now.  We have a manager who's completely checked-out and a team that's completely tuned him out, we're getting close to as little out of the side as possible to get.  A "replacement level" manager (and OGS is that, at least) would probably be enough to get us close to survival.

4 hours ago, inckley fox said:

There were stories suggesting our interest in Rodgers in the summer of 2018, a good seven or eight months before Puel left, and when Vichai was still alive. I thought it was more than a coincidence at the time that we loaned Benkovic out to a boss that we were linked to. Brendan then proceeded to play him with an injury in a key game - leading to a very lengthy lay-off - when normally loanees aren't risked in this way. We were also linked to various players during this period who had worked previously with Rodgers (though I don't want to sound too much like a conspiracy theorist). Either way, it's not the first time we've lined up a manager over a long period of time, before going on to contract him. We were linked to O'Neill and Holloway a year before they were appointed.

More bad luck with injuries for Rodgers there?

My god. How the **** did people fall for this shit last season? I'll never forgive Teemu Pukki for those misses against us. Finnish ****.