Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Amazing how many people are proudly Rodgers out now and have been all along, honest.

I've been Rodgers out the best part of a year to be honest. I think as early as West Ham last season I couldn't escape this idea that he'd peaked here, but it was just too soon after the FA Cup win and it was never likely.

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've been Rodgers out the best part of a year to be honest. I think as early as West Ham last season I couldn't escape this idea that he'd peaked here, but it was just too soon after the FA Cup win and it was never likely.

That was not directed at you FWIW, just an observation prompted by your comment,

• Like 1

Another day and another rumour that today is the day, I really do hope the ‘news’ posted on Benrtleys Roof is true but given the many false dawns, I have now resigned myself to the fact that our very own Northern Irish Hasbullah will still be in the dug out come the Forest game. 

At least by taking this approach I avoid building my hopes up to have them pissed all over and the level of anger and frustration has now been overtaken by apathy. 

8 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

That game in Rome showed how bad Brendan is in in game tactics.....in can do it before a game and during halftime, but is utterly clueless during a game.

He isn't in the same league as Mourinho, I wanted to see him show passion and know how to help the players but he failed at his job on that day.

Can I draw your attention to the last two games? 2-2 at half time, 3-0 and 4-0 respectively in the second halves with the capitulations starting within minutes of the time he spent at half time with them!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, iancognito said:

This is screenshotted from before the Spurs game but including that it's 28 games this calendar year.

We've amassed a total of 28 points from 84 available in 2022 between the two Spurs shockers.

But let's not be kneejerk, he just needs more time :crylaugh:

form1.JPG

It’s 28 from 27 games 

the ridiculous thing is that the mentality of the team is awful throughout. We would have taken a min of 42 if we had any mental strength and didn’t give away late goals. That would have brought us Europa league again this season.

the players are good enough (the keeper situation is a worry but assume kasper would have stayed if we’d made EL).we just need a new manager 

To me that is down to the coach and his staff 

8 hours ago, weller54 said:

IF we manage somehow to beat Forest it will be for one reason only....

That they're slightly more dogshit than us!

I think it will come down to who wants it more and shows the most fight and that won’t be us with Rodgers in charge. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Bit of a stretch, all they have to do is turn up with a squad and make average tactical changes. 

Shut up fool. We will dominate possession. We will pass sideways and back. We will

look briefly like a team capable of playing football. Then they will get into us and we will Fuk up. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, iancognito said:

This is screenshotted from before the Spurs game but including that it's 28 games this calendar year.

We've amassed a total of 28 points from 84 available in 2022 between the two Spurs shockers.

But let's not be kneejerk, he just needs more time :crylaugh:

form1.JPG

42% of the sides we’ve beaten in that time period now play in the championship. 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

All Forest will have to do is show some fight and get at us. We will fall apart. 

Yes we can’t defend at all. But neither can they. I agree with the comment that says whoever wants it more will win. I think we will be nervous under pressure though. 

18 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Shut up fool. We will dominate possession. We will pass sideways and back. We will

look briefly like a team capable of playing football. Then they will get into us and we will Fuk up. 

Apologies I hadn’t factored in our ability to play football for at least ten minutes. 

• Like 1

I feel sad at the ineptitude of Top in not sacking Rodgers it’s like as if he doesn’t give a f**k, it’s not even just this season’s results it’s a period of regression.

Not to mention Brendan’s distasteful comments pre match and post match. Just get him gone! Why wait till Forest, I feel sorry for the players that are training with him during this break. The international players must be sighing with relief that they are far away from Rodgers.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, splinterdream said:

The only decision he has to make for me is drop Ward for Iversen, their defence is garbage, we need to play 2 upfront and bloody swamp that box 

2 up front? What does that mean? 

Can you put it in simple terms so a child could understand it and then forward on to Brendan? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Walshie is God said:

I wonder if the frank rumours are true and he had wind of it last Sunday when Brentford weren't at it at all.

Anyone got any straws they can lend me, I've clutched at my last few......

Brentford are rarely "at it" whenever I see them on tv.

Frank isn't an improvement on what we have.