Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Brentford are rarely "at it" whenever I see them on tv.

Frank isn't an improvement on what we have.

Their defence isnt great.

Still think he's a good manager but its also difficult to gauge how good he really is as the Brentford club model is so good outside the manager for recruitment etc for the small size of their club.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Their defence isnt great.

Still think he's a good manager but its also difficult to gauge how good he really is as the Brentford club model is so good outside the manager for recruitment etc for the small size of their club.

Yes

but at least he seems to get the players making a real effort and has plans b and c 

• Haha 1

Frank is undeniably a good manager, who has done wonders with Brentford - I'd be happy to have him. He will find his way to the top six eventually. 

That said, the things Frank is good at aren't totally dissimilar from the things Rodgers is good at, and the style of play he favours is pretty similar. We are probably crying out for someone who can bring defensive solidity, new ideas and a mindset change. It might be better to go for a hard bastard at this stage, but given the choice between the axis of Big Sam/Dyche or Frank, Frank is superior. There is an element of risk in appointing him, but isn't there always? Keeping Rodgers is way more of a risk because he is out of ideas and running on empty. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Brentford are rarely "at it" whenever I see them on tv.

Frank isn't an improvement on what we have.

Where as we are flying on all cylinders?  Brentford do blow hot and cold, such as that 'little' win they had at Man U this season. But undeniably he has been able build a team that gets results and are difficult to beat. I do think he may have taken that project as far as he can though.

In terms of 'not an improvement on what we have', will respectfully disagree on that.  You have to put Brendans 'perceived' brilliance to one side and look at the cold hard facts in front of you. Whatever he has isn't working, and hasn't worked long term at any club he has been at. Frank will at the very least present a refresh on approach, values and spirit.

And quite frankly, i'd bite anyones hand off to be 9th right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

But you wouldn’t if you had a cast iron contract which paid up to 18 months salary if you’re sacked …… there are people out there where principle etc is more important than money. Football managers do not fit that category….

I've always wondered why managers at overseas clubs seem to resign left, right and centre but you never really see it in England, certainly not the PL. Do managers abroad not get a pay off so therefore they walk but in the same vain do they not draw compensation if another club wants them? Just seems odd.

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

No doubt the same people shltting on Frank now are the ones who were shitting on Potter last season when his name was mentioned.  He'd be a huge get for us but he'd never leave Brentford to take the job.

No I didn't thanks. Always rated Potter.

Frank is a decent manager but not gonna make us any better.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

No doubt the same people shltting on Frank now are the ones who were shitting on Potter last season when his name was mentioned.  He'd be a huge get for us but he'd never leave Brentford to take the job.

Potter will be horrendous at Chelsea, won't last the season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I disagree, but if he does fail at Chelsea it'll be for reasons that wouldn't have been issues if he'd come here.

Like what? lol

The main reasons managers get sacked is because they don't win games.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Like what? lol

The main reasons managers get sacked is because they don't win games.

Chelsea is a toxic environment where they'll have little patience for a manager trying to reshape a team to play the way he wants to play, and the ability to work the media is as important as the ability to coach.  If he doesn't win the CL or finish top 3 he probably gets fired.  The environment at LCFC is obviously pretty different from that.  As long as he got the team playing hard and in attractive style and seemed to be making progress, he'd get plenty of slack.  

Edited by Deeg67

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I disagree, but if he does fail at Chelsea it'll be for reasons that wouldn't have been issues if he'd come here.

I tend to agree. I'm just staying on the hill I said I'd die on where I hate everything about Brighton and Graham Potter. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Chelsea is a toxic environment where they'll have little patience for a manager trying to reshape a team to play the way he wants to play, and the ability to work the media is as important as the ability to coach.  If he doesn't win the CL or finish top 3 he probably gets fired.  The environment at LCFC is obviously pretty different from that.  As long as he got the team playing hard and in attractive style and seemed to be making progress, he'd get plenty of slack.  

Fanbase here has little patience for a manager trying to reshame and build a team. Potter finished 15th and 16th, I think it was, in his first two seasons at Brighton while was rebuilt them. If we finished that low here people would be booing, as Brighton fans did, and want him out.

Loads of people on here wanted Pearson out when we were bottom of the PL. They won't admit it though and are among the same people that call for him back now.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Corky said:

45 points I think, we had 8 after 7 games last year and finished with 52 so 44 in 31 plus 1 from 7 so far.

Still not great.

Ah yeah I was manually counting via wikipedia so didn't do it correctly 

Just now, Fox92 said:

Fanbase here has little patience for a manager trying to reshame and build a team. Potter finished 15th and 16th, I think it was, in his first two seasons at Brighton while was rebuilt them. If we finished that low people would be booing and want him out.

ROFL, he'd be starting from a lot higher baseline talent-wise here than he did at Brighton.  

Just now, Deeg67 said:

ROFL, he'd be starting from a lot higher baseline talent-wise here than he did at Brighton.  

That's irrelevant. I'm talking about playing style as well. He'd still need to build. Plus we need a new goalkeeper, a new winger, a new midfielder.

We'll come back to this in a few years time when you want the next manager out. ROFL.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Going to nail this to the boardroom door……

For attention of the Leicester city board.

I am emailing you today with regards the the situation surrounding one Brendan Rodgers, to express as a fan base our sheer disbelief at the stance to allow this man to continue to hold his position within this once great club.

Firstly, it seems apt to mention the success Brendan has had here, no one can deny that the FA cup victory and the charity shield were both fine achievements, but it’s also important to remember that this was a collective effort, each trophy was not won by Brendan Rodgers FC. Brendan will be remembered for these achievements, rightly so, however his position as manager is now untenable, and he simply has to go. 

During his time here, Brendan has been very Jekyll and Hide, his first two full seasons saw brilliant starts, followed by relegation form which saw the team throw away two golden opportunities to finish in the champions league places. Last season was largely erratic, and saw an incredible opportunity to get into a final of a European trophy thrown away by a timid, clueless performance. 

Since this time though Brendan’s demeanour and attitude has been unacceptable. His first murmurings of a ‘refresh’ should not have been tolerated by the club, this was a direct shifting of the blame away from himself, and it is a trend he has maintained since he first mentioned it. 

In reality, Brendan should have been sacked after losing 4-1 to Nottingham Forest, I question those who run the clubs knowledge of Leicester to think that, that was an acceptable result, it really was not, not at all. 

Since this time Brendan has been repeatedly banging the refresh drum, he also publicly thrown Caglar Soyuncu under the bus, which is an incredibly unprofessional thing to do, not to mention risking the depreciation in an asset at the club.

Following this a baron pre season came and went, with the loss of a leader (who wasn’t replaced) and a prized asset in Fofana. Brendans attitude this season so far has been abhorrent. He has publicly thrown you the board under the bus, the players, the recruitment teams and worst of all, us the fans. This is wholly unacceptable, how can an employee be allowed to make such ridiculous comments and receive backing? If I were the hand that fed, I would have shown him the door. 

If Brendan was as good a coach as he thinks he is, then he would have used this opportunity to prove it. The greatest people in their fields rise to challenges, they don’t cower behind excuses, and this is exactly what Brendan is doing, he has put on his amour of excuses to protect himself, and is deflecting them back onto the club, players and fans. 

This is clearly a tactic he is using to ensure his reputation remains intact, when really he should be inspiring those players to achieve their maximum. Please tell me how a team can go from eighth place (with an injury hit season) to suddenly being bottom of the pile? The squad is largely the same and we have key players back…. The person the blame is the manager. You need to face the facts, and they are Brendan does not want to be here anymore…. He is being paid a hell of a lot of money to sit around sulking and feeling sorry for himself, I believe that he genuinely views himself as bigger than this club, and his sheer arrogance and need to preserve his reputation are detrimental to this football club. 

I have been coming to watch Leicester since 1997, I first heard the clanking of the turnstiles against Wimbledon back in Filbert Street, that day I fell in love with a people’s club, now, I’m falling out of love. For the first time in my life, I’m genuinely disinterested in my football club. We’ve been to the depths of league one, and I enjoyed watching football more then, than I do now. Brendan’s complete lack of enthusiasm and will to succeed with this team has sucked every last ounce of life out of the club, watching Leicester has become a chore, to the point of the emotion has gone, I’m not angry or frustrated, I’m deeply disappointed in what has unfolded at this football club over the last year. 

You may as well forget stadium expansions, what is the point? This club is hurtling to the championship faster than a comet, could you imagine the financial ruin relegation would cause? 

We used to be looked upon with jealous eyes, and we were most peoples second team…. Now you may as well throw a large multicoloured tent over the stadium, as we’ve become somewhat of a circus, we’re the laughing stock of the league. 

I’ll tell you now, that when I have conversations with other football fans about Brendan they simply say to me, “well your owners haven’t backed him”…. How does that make you feel when outsiders think this? 

Brendon Rodgers time here is done, he can achieve no more, I implore you to see reason and act now, you’ve had most of an international break to make a change and use the two weeks to inject some life back into this club! We’ve got a monster of a game next Monday…. But I just do not have any faith at all Brendan can lead this team to victory, ever again. He’s compromised the football club to benefit his reputation, he simply has to go. 

Warmest regards 

A deflated and desperately fed up Leicester city fan. 

Can you publish this somewhere for us all to sigh to say we agree with it as a protest? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That's irrelevant. I'm talking about playing style as well. He'd still need to build. Plus we need a new goalkeeper, a new winger, a new midfielder.

We'll come back to this in a few years time when you want the next manager out. ROFL.

If that helps you.

It's all irrelevant anyway since not only does Potter already have a job, the board clearly thinks we already have the right manager.

• Sad 1