Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 hours ago, Claridge said:

We are going down, just hope we beat forest and they come down as well

I like how you’re dealing with our predicament. “I don’t want the misery gone, since I’m no idealistic, I just want Forest to suffer too”

Ugly truth is, the best thing for the club would be for Forest to tonk us so badly - 10-0 or something - that even Top would be forced to act.  I know a lot of bile would be swallowed here, but for our survival that would be better than three points.

• Like 1

I wonder whether they are looking at the table and thinking “well 5 points from safety isn’t too bad” or something along those lines, I imagine if the teams around us had taken points and we were say 7-9 points from safety if he would have been sacked already. I’m running out of logical reasons why he is being given time? At the moment we have the talent in the squad to realistically fluke a couple of results and we would be out of the relegation zone, are they waiting until it’s too big of a gap before they do something? 

I know FT is not sound methodology, but surely to god the sheer number of people on this forum who want him gone, and the ratio of “Out” to “In” on here counts for something? How are the board not seeing what everyone else in the fanbase is seeing? 

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Ugly truth is, the best thing for the club would be for Forest to tonk us so badly - 10-0 or something - that even Top would be forced to act.  I know a lot of bile would be swallowed here, but for our survival that would be better than three points.

Make no mistake, I’ll have sick from my chin to my feet but I’m a forest fan during that match. I’m all for the silver lining, if it takes a 10-0 for us to replace Rodgers I’ll take it happily. 

I’m done with the bloke. 
Him still being here is putting me off the club, genuinely have had no interest in watching us. 

• Like 3

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

I wonder whether they are looking at the table and thinking “well 5 points from safety isn’t too bad” or something along those lines, I imagine if the teams around us had taken points and we were say 7-9 points from safety if he would have been sacked already. I’m running out of logical reasons why he is being given time? At the moment we have the talent in the squad to realistically fluke a couple of results and we would be out of the relegation zone, are they waiting until it’s too big of a gap before they do something? 

I know FT is not sound methodology, but surely to god the sheer number of people on this forum who want him gone, and the ratio of “Out” to “In” on here counts for something? How are the board not seeing what everyone else in the fanbase is seeing? 

It isnt just about discarding the manager 

we still have a game Monday week and we need to go into that with a strategy etc etc 

those making the calls may believe that rodgers is more likely to get us three points than stowell. If they have a target to bring in then they won’t want to have too long a gap between coaches …

Just now, st albans fox said:

It isnt just about discarding the manager 

we still have a game Monday week and we need to go into that with a strategy etc etc 

those making the calls may believe that rodgers is more likely to get us three points than stowell. If they have a target to bring in then they won’t want to have too long a gap between coaches …

I fully appreciate this, my main concern is “what strategy” could the possibly see Rodgers having given how we’ve played over the last 40 games or so? And if they genuinely believe that Rodgers given the last 40 games has a better chance of getting the team prepared for a single match than Stowell does, then why the hell is Stowell here? 

Don’t get me wrong I like Stowell, but they have such little confidence in giving one of our top coaches the reigns for a couple of matches to try and get a quick bounce from the players or maybe let the players play with a bit of freedom and express themselves to try to win, I really don’t know what to think. 

The best coaches at the club should have the capacity to take over for a couple of games, if they don’t they shouldn’t be here. But I do understand your logic.

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It probably is that, 2 games from safety with 31 games to play.

With regards to out/in your looking at a small snapshot of fans on a forum that are being whipped up by every comment posted by a like minded poster and not an overall view of the whole fan base.

As for no one defending him on here I guess it’s 1 way heavy just like the politics thread where only the out respond due to anyone speaking against are targeted by the mob and called brain dead morons and such like & now both threads have lost the ability of discussion rendering them pointless 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

I wonder whether they are looking at the table and thinking “well 5 points from safety isn’t too bad” or something along those lines, I imagine if the teams around us had taken points and we were say 7-9 points from safety if he would have been sacked already. I’m running out of logical reasons why he is being given time?

BR's contract can't just be heavily weighted in his favour only - surely?

There must be a caveat along the lines of, if we are so many points off the top six after x games, or in a relegation spot at a certain point he can be sacked for a much less amount than the total it looks like he'll get.

If there is such a clause, it may explain why the board are waiting. We can only hope such a point is very, very close.

Make no mistake, I’ll have sick from my chin to my feet but I’m a forest fan during that match. I’m all for the silver lining, if it takes a 10-0 for us to replace Rodgers I’ll take it happily. 

I’m done with the bloke. 
Him still being here is putting me off the club, genuinely have had no interest in watching us. 

Rather win 1-0 with them missing 10 pens and then other teams beating us 10-0

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

...even if your wish came into effect, we would never be able to live with it, ever!!!