Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, trabuch said:

This is a record breakingly bad start to the season. How on god's green earth is he still here?

For the tenth time ,at least. Money,  Money , Money. Another substantial debt might be the straw that breaks this camel's back. Also worldwide interest rates are going up. However the choice is looking like more debt or the Championship , over to you Top.

32 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

For the tenth time ,at least. Money,  Money , Money. Another substantial debt might be the straw that breaks this camel's back. Also worldwide interest rates are going up. However the choice is looking like more debt or the Championship , over to you Top.

...it is not about money and the lack of it!!!

This is a very good squad, our setup and the way we choose to play is the problem. It doesn't work, but we keep doing the same thing hoping it comes right and it clicks.

Without a refresh this team is more than good enough for mid-table and I belive we are so much better than that. Not bringing in new players should not make this squad so poor, money is not the issue....

• Like 2

If we sack him after the inevitable loss to Forest, then it just underlines what a waste it was not doing it after the Southampton game. He's been given an extra 5 games, and blown them all. A new manager could have picked up at least one or 2 wins that might have been vital at the end of the season, but instead the club has frittered away an extra 5 games for no good reason.

Edited by orangecity23
typos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

If we sack hm after the inevitable loss to Forest, then it just underlines what a waste it was not doing it after the Soithampton game. He's been given an extra 5 games, and blown them all. A new manager could have picked up at least one or 2 wins that might have been vital at the end of the season, but instead the club has frittered away an extra 5 games for no good reason.

inevitable loss to Forest,  We`ll see !

8 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

If we sack hm after the inevitable loss to Forest, then it just underlines what a waste it was not doing it after the Soithampton game. He's been given an extra 5 games, and blown them all. A new manager could have picked up at least one or 2 wins that might have been vital at the end of the season, but instead the club has frittered away an extra 5 games for no good reason.

Mind you, we have played Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Tottenham in that run.

Kind Regards

Bren.

My guess is they discussed Rodgers position after Brighton, we heard the rumours on here about a meeting and someone high up on the board wanted to keep him, I reckon he was probably given the 2 games ahead of the International break to turn it around, as we know the Villa game did not take place and I think they've decided to give him the Forest game, we've heard rumours of Frank after the Spurs game and it wouldn't surprise me that they have been putting feelers out for a new manager just in case they decide to sack him. I think if we lose or draw with Forest the club statement will be out very quickly and we'll get a new manager in place for the next game. Could be completely way off the mark but just my thoughts based on what I've pieced together from here!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Chelsea were down to 10 men and as we know it's much harder to win against a side missing a player (unless it's us!) so that match was double difficult 🤭

Between 1992 and 2000 in the PL, only 11% of games were drawn or won by teams down to 10 men during the first hour of play. Just like that other stuff about 2-0 being a dangerous scoreline, basically, from a stats point of view, maybe it's a bit of a myth - the sort that BR likes to peddle when he's running out of other excuses.

• Like 1