Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

33 minutes ago, Sly said:

I still don’t think anyone has come up with the a viable idea for a replacement. 

People stating Pearson, would most likely employ the person that laid the foundations for a house, to do the interior finishing. 

Rodgers will turn this around, like he has previously. He’s just got to cut the bizarre team sections and get our best team on the pitch. 

Thomas Frank definitely

Just now, Angus Scott said:

Thomas Frank definitely

I would love it but from his perspective, I think that’s a tough sell.  Rudi Garcia OTOH is available, tactically superb, and would likely be intrigued by the opportunity.

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

I guess Celtic fans could say the same about us when Rodgers left. History wise yes I know Celtic play in the SPL but they are an world wide institution.

Newcastle have a huge world wide fan base, they haven’t done anything for years and haven’t won any major club competitions recently but still they have won trophies and more than us. With their fan base and now their wealth they are an attractive proposition you cannot discount that.

I am biased towards LCFC and Rodgers would be daft to leave us for them but at the same time, money talks and I could see why Rodgers would be interested in their project.

Recently? They haven't won a major competition since 1976 (League Cup). Their last league win was 1927 and FA Cup, which more people talk about, mid 50's. 

Fvck me people take the piss out of Forest but at least they'll have fans around who still remember seeing them win the league.

Newcastle aren't just going to start attracting players because of their money. It took Man City years before they were signing players like Aguero. Lets not forget Mark Hughes was Man City manager and they were signing players such as Gareth Barry and Shay Given, good Premier League players but not World Class players like they sign now, when they first started trying to get into the top 4.

It'll take Newcastle years before they're even at the level that Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea are at now. Difference between Man City and Chelsea is that Abramovic sacked off Ranieri after a season and brought in one of the greatest managers in the World (Mourinho). Mourinho had won the league in Portugal, and also the Europa League and then Champions League, with Porto so he was such a step up from what Chelsea had in Ranieri. 

I'm not worried about Newcastle at all. I'll happily stick my neck out and say they'll continue to win fvck all.

Edited by Fox92

30 minutes ago, Sly said:

This is hardly our first dip in form. 

...true...but the rut has always stopped when we start the new season!!!

The points are always in the bag before the performance drops off, he doesn't solve the problem within the season.

The argument has always been.. "we are heading for a relegation fight"..!

The response was always " ..how can you say that!... we are in the top three and halfway through the season.."

It was not about the points on the board but the alarming way our form had dropped off.

Come December it will be very different as likely we may not have that points buffer, and if we continue to perform in this way, we will need to make a decision as to where we are going as a club.

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I think the manager has a some things to answer for this season, but I certainly wasn't Rodgers out. This week and the Newcastle takeover seems to have changed that for me to the point at which I would have been extremely disappointed if he'd walked away last week, or been sacked, but I feel strangely ambivalent today. Of course, he shouldn't be sacked, that would be ridiculous at the moment, but if he walked away, I probably agree with you.

Maybe it's just a personal reaction to Saudi Arabia apparently owning football team now that's put me on a downer. Probably is.

The fact that things do feel slightly stale at the moment makes it easier for me to flip my thinking I suppose, football fans are fickle after all. I agree that there does appear to be a malaise, particularly around performances, but I'm one of those who does think Rodgers has earned the time to turn that around. Whether he chooses to do that if another offer was sat on the table, I'd be very doubtful.

We have to accept that Newcastle now look a very attractive option,  bigger fan base,stadium,financial clout and fans starved of success unlike our entitled fans who expect a medium size provincial team to be constantly challenging for trophies and top 6.

Just now, Fox92 said:

lol "Entitled". Makes me laugh.

I'm constantly told we have the best owners in the league, the best squad we've "ever had", a World Class training ground, we're expanding the ground.... and you think I shouldn't expect us to be challenging for trophies?

Compared to probably at least six or seven other teams in the premier ? We have had success recently but no way have any great expectations for the future i I'm afraid .

Just now, jerry said:

Compared to probably at least six or seven other teams in the premier ? We have had success recently but no way have any great expectations for the future i I'm afraid .

Well good luck to whoever takes over at Newcastle then. Their fans are among the most "entitled" in the league. Rodgers commented he got booed for the first time in two years the other week, if he goes to Newcastle he'll experience it every home game.

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Well good luck to whoever takes over at Newcastle then. Their fans are among the most "entitled" in the league. Rodgers commented he got booed for the first time in two years the other week, if he goes to Newcastle he'll experience it every home game.

If you had been subjected to the dross those fans have experienced over the years I doubt whether booing would have sufficed to be honest and at least they have turned up in numbers home and away. Would say good luck to them but wish they had managed to find a different backer.

21 minutes ago, jerry said:

.. are you expecting the players to walk on to the pitch with your mindset!!!

I would say that the majority of our fan base wants to see us compete put the effort in on the pitch and if that is not good enough and we come up short, that is all you can ask for.

What ever we glean with that ethos will  be a bonus, and if we are, now due to astute business sense and investment, in a position to challenge consistently to be in the top ten, then why not!!!

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If trying to stay in the Prem means your "Entitled" then Newcastle fans, along with every other Premier  league Fan base, including ours probably are.

Newcastle haven't exactly had much to shout about in recent years, apart from what they perceived as under investment by their now former owner. "Entitled" I don't think so.

I dont want BR to go anywhere, but its his choice, (like we have a say in it), and I suspect if he does go to Newcastle he would do so with a longtime (years) rebuild plan, with no guarantees at the end of that, no one is going to get instant success it's going to take time, if I was Newcastles new owners, I'd want BR, as I think he is more than capable of doing it.

However I want him to stay, get through this difficult time we are in at present, and bring more long term, stable success to our Club, not Newcastle.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. are you expecting the players to walk on to the pitch with your mindset!!!

I would say that the majority of our fan base wants to see us compete put the effort in on the pitch and if that is not good enough and we come up short, that is all you can ask for.

What ever we glean with that ethos will  be a bonus, and if we are, now due to astute business sense and investment, in a position to challenge consistently to be in the top ten, then why not!!!

Having followed City since the early sixties of course I would love us to be competing every season, we just need to manage expectations. Used to go to  Filbert street hoping to see us win but mostly looking to be entertained or is that just an out dated concept in today's world?

• Like 1

As a club we have probably hit our ceiling, I also think as a manager Brendan has hit his ceiling with us, at least in terms of the league.

Newcastle with a bigger stadium, and much much richer owners are not a bigger pull? Of course they are, granted they going to need some team building, but we have own own team problems, Superstar defender out for season, best midfielder wants to leave, other stars coming to end of contracts.

• Like 1

Brendan is never going to liverpool or the Manchester clubs.  I doubt he would be attracted to the revolving door at chelsea.

As a Spanish speaker I always expected him to try for a big Spanish club ... but they cant afford his wages!

The newslcastle project requires a number of managers as they edge up to regular euro football.  I dont think he is their first manager... he will he their second.   Right now Newcastle should hire dean smith or chris wilder.... then rodgers

Edited by foxinsocks

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I still don’t think anyone has come up with the a viable idea for a replacement. 

People stating Pearson, would most likely employ the person that laid the foundations for a house, to do the interior finishing. 

Rodgers will turn this around, like he has previously. He’s just got to cut the bizarre team sections and get our best team on the pitch. 

Potter.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

As a club we have probably hit our ceiling, I also think as a manager Brendan has hit his ceiling with us, at least in terms of the league.

Newcastle with a bigger stadium, and much much richer owners are not a bigger pull? Of course they are, granted they going to need some team building, but we have own own team problems, Superstar defender out for season, best midfielder wants to leave, other stars coming to end of contracts.

Newcastle as a place has a lot of deprived people but the football club is everything to them. They have had little success for years and given their undying loyalty , they have been treated pretty badly. I ,for one, will be pleased if they do better now. They won't suddenly become a major player of course but they should improve. It is definitely true though that ,even though it is a similar size to Leicester , it feels much grander.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Am I the only one not worried about Rodgers jumping ship to Newcastle? 

No, not at all. It's all clickbait shit that ofc was going to come out when the Newcaste take-over was completed. The worst part is the amount of people believing into it and clicking on said 'bait'. 

Bruce is doing an awful job (although to be fair, has never had the backing.) and will be replaced, they are never going to get the top top managers like Pep or Klopp, so the likes of Rodgers will be branded about.

(Unless of course you ment you are not worried about him leaving as you no longer rate him) 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jerry said:

Having followed City since the early sixties of course I would love us to be competing every season, we just need to manage expectations. Used to go to  Filbert street hoping to see us win but mostly looking to be entertained or is that just an out dated concept in today's world?

....just reading the vast amount of posters on here, all they are asking for, is to be entertained!!!

Our style of play has gone stale, expectations have been raised (due to the belief of the players we now have and they club as a whole), we are no longer getting pleasure in the performances we see out on the pitch and that is the bone of contention.

This period could see us go either way, Rodgers leaving and his replacement fail to connect with the supporters and we have revolving door situation again. We have no right to expect success on a continuous basis, but also no point in playing unless you aspire to do better.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I personally think you're in denial.

Man city were more likely to not make it if you look at their more recent history at the time of their takeover.

Rodgers joined us for a project. Nobody can deny that Newcastle is a hell of a project.

Football people back themselves. Massive self confidence. They always think they could be the one to turn it around. Hell, maddison would likely have joined arsenal for that reason.

If they want him, there's a good chance he would want it. It could swing either way of course, but the fact that lots are ambivalent to Rodgers leaving means to me that it is certainly exciting either way.

I'm enjoying watching from a distance, and if the negative views on here are right, and it is the right time for us to change, we could get to rinse some serious dollar from this situation.

Exciting times either way.

I am kind of hoping they go for him.

The optimist in me says he either turns them down cos we are massive and even more appealing than all the money in the world.

Or

He's been tapped up already, partially explaining the recent shitshow, meaning we are not in as bad a shape as it looks on the surface, and we rinse even more wonga and go again with a new manager.

Newcastle fans have stated that they want to emulate us over man city. We are still a massive pull for new talent. Managerial and playing staff, but how long that lasts if the current trend continues....?

How are Newcastle going to emulate us? I know everyone will have different opinions, but our scouting and club culture helped us punch above our financial weight. Newcastle are just going to buy the best staff and players until they lift a trophy. We came to the party with a hard-fought relationship. Newcastle have just turned up with a high-class prostitute. 

11 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

No, not at all. It's all clickbait shit that ofc was going to come out when the Newcaste take-over was completed. The worst part is the amount of people believing into it and clicking on said 'bait'. 

Bruce is doing an awful job (although to be fair, has never had the backing.) and will be replaced, they are never going to get the top top managers like Pep or Klopp, so the likes of Rodgers will be branded about.

(Unless of course you ment you are not worried about him leaving as you no longer rate him) 

...you have got to say if they cannot source the best, they will go to the next tier down and for them, Rodgers falls into that category!!!

There is therefore a reasonable expectation, that he would be part of the conversation, it is how he chooses to respond to the question, which is of the greater concern.

So immediately Newcastle have secured serious money backing, our manager is going to up sticks and go there like the assumption is that they will also sign Mbappe, Messi etc.

OK so the fans are cock-a-hoop but has anyone given any thought to the mindset of their current squad? With a couple of exceptions, they could all be looking over their shoulder wondering when they will get the chop. Most i suspect will know that once the money starts talking they will be out on their ears to be replaced by whoever is the next mega-bucks target. They could well be a dispirited bunch with no motivation as they know they will be gone soon. I might just lump a fiver on them for the drop this season as they are not going to make any massive signings until next summer, especially if they are stuck at the wrong end of the table come Christmas time.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Vazman said:

If trying to stay in the Prem means your "Entitled" then Newcastle fans, along with every other Premier  league Fan base, including ours probably are.

Newcastle haven't exactly had much to shout about in recent years, apart from what they perceived as under investment by their now former owner. "Entitled" I don't think so.

I dont want BR to go anywhere, but its his choice, (like we have a say in it), and I suspect if he does go to Newcastle he would do so with a longtime (years) rebuild plan, with no guarantees at the end of that, no one is going to get instant success it's going to take time, if I was Newcastles new owners, I'd want BR, as I think he is more than capable of doing it.

However I want him to stay, get through this difficult time we are in at present, and bring more long term, stable success to our Club, not Newcastle.

I just get fed up of hearing how our fans are "entitled" if they boo (and I don't agree with booing for the record) yet for Newcastle they aren't "entitled" because "they haven't exactly had much to shout about in recent years". They want to look at their local rivals and see how they're still trying to get out of the third division.

Newcastle's finishes, since promotion, have been 10th, 12th and 13th (twice). That includes one FA Cup quarter final and one League Cup quarter final. 

What makes them so superior that they deserve more than that? They have literally won fvck all since the mid 50s (the FA Cup). They are viewed as this big club because of their big ground and big fan base (and may I add that Newcastle is a very large City with one club and the closest other big club is about 15 mile away).

Yes Ashley didn't care but remember they spent £65m the season before last, and £43m the year before that. So they have been spending under Bruce (I understand Rafa walked because they didn't back him).

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you have got to say if they cannot source the best, they will go to the next tier down and for them, Rodgers falls into that category!!!

There is therefore a reasonable expectation, that he would be part of the conversation, it is how he chooses to respond to the question, which is of the greater concern.

Yes, of course. Although I personally don't see him upping and leaving. He may be tempted by the money maybe not, but i'd like to think he came to Leicester for the project and that project is not yet  completed. Would be interesting to hear his response though when questioned about it, thats for sure.