Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 hours ago, deep blue said:

I sent a "Brendan Out" message, listing reasons, to [email protected]. I had no acknowledgement so I resent the email to [email protected], explaining that I'd had no acknowledgement and asking to be assured that it would reach her. 

I had the automated response from this, as expected, but 2 days later I received a response that Susan Whelan has received my email and my comments would be noted.  This last email of acknowledgement appeared to come from [email protected] but is signed ""Board Office"  and there is a quoted email address [email protected].

I've looked since at communication advice from LCFC and they quote the Board Office email address so it looks like this is the way to go if you want to get your message across.

I'm posting this just to give people confidence that there is a way to get your message across to the Board.  I'm not naive enough to expect that any notice will be taken UNLESS they get flooded with similar opinions, so I hope it might encourage others on here to take the plunge.  Whatever else, it's better than just moaning on here, and doing nothing, and feeling helpless.  :scarf:

Thanks for that , I sent an email to  [email protected] expressing my concerns and received a fairly prompt reply ( not automated) thanking me for taking the time to detail my concerns👍

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Not about being stubborn, and I think that’s an odd thing to beat him with here. Why would he resign? Would you resign in the same position?

I would not resign if I was Brendan, I'd make some money out of it by selling T-shirts of me smiling with a big Brendan out logo in the club shop, then I'd  probably have a Christmas CD made, also for sale in the club shop of Big Brendans Christmas countdown:thumbup:

:ph34r:

• Haha 3

On 26/09/2022 at 16:43, ithuriel said:

Personally, I'm still hoping he can turns things around, we smash the tree's into kindling and we climb back up into mid table, I doubt it will happen but you never know but I can't fathom hating the guy since he did have some success here, he is completely different to Peter Taylor who trashed  the team and accomplished nothing bar one of the quickest declines I've ever seen once he really got his feet under the table.

I think  Brendan will have to go simply because I doubt he knows how to turn things around, still hoping he can of course but can't see it happening.

you must be dreaming! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Club shouldn't have offered him that wage he's getting in the first place then.

Well no, but I don't think anyone for one second thought it was a bad move to give him an extension at the time.

The club are making some horrendous decisions at the minute about a lot of things, but I have bit of sympathy with that one - in hindsight it was bad business, no doubt.

Fridays presser will be really interesting, will Brendan come out bullish and ready for the battle or will it be the poor little me routine, given Forest’s transfer activity, there will be plenty of opportunities to reference it and our own lack of incomings if he wants to take that route of attack towards the club.

The key for me is the press conference will offer some insight as to how his relationship with the board and players lies after this international break. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Fridays presser will be really interesting, will Brendan come out bullish and ready for the battle or will it be the poor little me routine, given Forest’s transfer activity, there will be plenty of opportunities to reference it and our own lack of incomings if he wants to take that route of attack towards the club.

The key for me is the press conference will offer some insight as to how his relationship with the board and players lies after this international break. 

Nah, he said he wouldn’t go to war with the club and we all know Rodgers is a true to his word, man of integrity.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Prepare to be shocked, if you care to read back that far and assuming the posts are still around.

Rodgers has a track record that’s been consistent everywhere he’s been.  Some of us have been highly skeptical of him all along because of that.

I've wanted him out myself for almost 2 years now and have been his biggest critic.

But December 2019 when as I said, we were 2nd in the league, playing some of the best football I've ever seen a Leicester side play, and having just won 17 matches from 26... I can't believe you were against the contract extension?

If you were then it begs the question, what more do you want?!

For the record I am fully Rodgers out, and have been for a long time relative to most supporters.

Edited by Fosse93
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I've wanted him out myself for almost 2 years now and have been his biggest critic.

But December 2019 when as I said, we were 2nd in the league, playing some of the best football I've ever seen a Leciester side play, and having just won 17 matches from 26... I can't believe you were against the contract extension?

If you were then it begs the question, what more do you want?!

For the record I am fully Rodgers out, and have been for a long time relative to most supporters.

The answer is easy - what we wanted was not to overcommit to this guy, because it will start to go bad, likely soon, and when it does it will be a dumpster fire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

The answer is easy - what we wanted was not to overcommit to this guy, because it will start to go bad, likely soon, and when it does it will be a dumpster fire.

I don't know... all feels a bit captain hindsight to me mate.

If you can dig out a post from Dec 2019 where you've implied the decision to give him an extension was a bad one, then I will run away with my tail between my legs and I apologise - but I don't think there will be one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I don't know... all feels a bit captain hindsight to me mate.

If you can dig out a post from Dec 2019 where you've implied the decision to give him an extension was a bad one, then I will run away with my tail between my legs and I apologise - but I don't think there will be one.

...our form dipped significantly at that time, I would not be surprised to find posters questioning giving him a new contract in the middle of the season!!!

I do recall it struck me as weird that we did not wait to the end of the season,  but as you said Arsenal was showing an interest.

If I recall there were murmurings regarding the offer of a new contract, when we began that poor run of games straight after.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I would not be surprised to find posters questioning giving him a new contract in the middle of the season!!!

Seems more was questioning what Vardy was earning then Rodger’s getting a new deal 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...our form dipped significantly at that time, I would not be surprised to find posters questioning giving him a new contract in the middle of the season!!!

I do recall it struck me as weird that we did not wait to the end of the season,  but as you said Arsenal was showing an interest.

If I recall there were murmurings regarding the offer of a new contract, when we began that poor run of games straight after.

"Our form dipped significantly at the time"

Rodgers signed a contract extension on December 6th 2019.

The 10 league games prior to that were:

Won 2-1 vs. Spurs (H)

Won 5-0 vs. Newcastle (H)

Lost 2-1 vs. Liverpool (A)

Won 2-1 vs. Burnley (H)

Won 9-0 vs. Southampton (A)

Won 2-0 vs. Palace (A)

Won 2-0 vs. Arsenal (H)

Won 2-0 vs. Brighton (A)

Won 2-1 vs. Everton (H)

Won 2-0 vs. Watford (H)

2 days after the Watford match the new contract was announced.

That is an insanely good run of form and we were playing most teams off the park.

Averaging almost 3 goals for and 0.5 against. We also went on to batter Villa in the next game 4-1 which was one of our best performances under Rodgers.

The form after then definitely tailed off, however I go back to my original point - I struggle to see how anyone was critical of the club at the time we dished the contract out.

Rodgers and the team have since gone to pot, but let's not take away how good we have been at times - those times are far, far away in the past now and I've wanted him out since late 2020 but that's not the point I'm trying to make, it's people acting like they knew all along how this was gonna go when really no one did (more of a general statement than aimed at you mate).

Edited by Fosse93
  • Like 3

Rodgers was always helped by the players he inherited . He does not build a team , he has exceptionally poor judgment with new acquisitions. He does make players believe in themselves and for a time he gets them playing to their full capabilities. However when through injuries, aging or just decreasing focus a team starts to slip , he has little answer. He cannot rebuild Leicester , he doesn't know how and he is fully aware of that.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Rodgers was always helped by the players he inherited . He does not build a team , he has exceptionally poor judgment with new acquisitions. He does make players believe in themselves and for a time he gets them playing to their full capabilities. However when through injuries, aging or just decreasing focus a team starts to slip , he has little answer. He cannot rebuild Leicester , he doesn't know how and he is fully aware of that.

I think this has been the main reason behind his and our decline. The signings since he joined, on the whole, have been wasteful. We really struggled to improve the starting 11.

looking back over the last 3 seasons, the reasons we have fallen away are due to lack of quality depth in CB and CM. Players like Bennet, Vestergaard, Soumare and Praet have all been signed under Rodgers and were supposed to be the back up we needed, but in the crucial matches they’ve all failed us. Last season when Tielemans & Ndidi were horribly out of form we had nobody who could step in and do a job. And when we were on the cusp of champions league places, our back 4 was all over the place. Even the team that won the FA cup had a mishmash of defenders at the back. 

Our recruitment team have to take some

of the blame but it can’t be coincidence that as soon as Rodgers got here our scouting seemed to go to sh1t.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Prepare to be shocked, if you care to read back that far and assuming the posts are still around.

Rodgers has a track record that’s been consistent everywhere he’s been.  Some of us have been highly skeptical of him all along because of that.

LONG time voyeur of Foxestalk. First time (I think?) that I've posted. Although, hmm, I do have hazy memories of briefly getting into an argument about David Beckham many moons ago.

The tide resolutely turned for me on Brodgers after he slated the club and fans post-match recently. In hindsight - which is a beautiful thing -  I think he really should have gone after that F&^$%^ debacle last season. However...

Not wishing to play devil's advocate (who wants to be the devil?) and also not wishing to give him any leeway, but..... "three-season syndrome" is actually a thing for the vast majority of  managers (As explained by Bela Guttman linked in the below article)

Reading back through a Jonathon Wilson article penned in the Grauniad seven months ago, he actually debunked this slight myth that surrounds Rodgers specifically. So I find it a little confusing that lots of people say that it was always coming with Brodgers and will actually stand by their sword that they never thought we should have given him an extension that long at the time. Which I do actually agree with, given the shelf-life of most managers, apart from the world-class few. But I don't think it should be argued specifically because it's Brodgers that we knew this would happen because of his previous (see below)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/feb/19/leicester-must-hold-their-nerve-as-brendan-rodgers-faces-third-season-syndrome

There is a theory that Rodgers is peculiarly susceptible to Bela Guttmann’s dictum that the third year is fatal, that after two seasons players begin to tire of his methods. And it probably is true that there is a natural shelf-life to some of the guru-gimmicks that were exposed in the Being Liverpool TV documentary.

But evidence to back that up is slim to nonexistent. Rodgers was at Swansea for only two seasons. It’s true his third season at Liverpool saw a drop-off from 2.21 points per game to 1.63. But then that may simply have been the result of the sale of Luis Suárez to Barcelona coupled with regression to the mean after an exceptional season and a sense of emotional exhaustion having come so close to winning the Premier League. When Rodgers left Celtic in the February of his third season, they were picking up 2.33 points per game, as opposed to 2.15 in his second.

P.s  Despite quoting you Deeg67 -  this response is not actually aimed specifically at you. I just thought I'd share this opinion. And, like all of you,  I very much want Brodgers to go. Although my rage at him has strangely somewhat subsided now during the international break. It's now more of a dull, constant, annoying pain that he's still here. Although the furious anger will surely be aggravated and return with vengeance if/when we get stuffed on Monday...

One love.

Edited by Muzzy's lover
  • Like 1