Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but a very reliable source informs me that Rodgers stays definitely up to the World Cup as the run of fixtures is more ‘easy’.

Not saying that I am ITK, but maybe I can do better than some on here.

You may be correct, but I damn well hope you're not.  What sort of logic gives the easiest run of matches to the most inept manager when, of all the matches in the calendar, these are the ones for which you must reserve your optimum performance?  I feel that football common sense has deserted our board at this very crucial moment of decision.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but a very reliable source informs me that Rodgers stays definitely up to the World Cup as the run of fixtures is more ‘easy’.

...there have been so many "reliable " sources on here with resulting false dawns!!!

Can't  be be surprised as to how the club is reacting to this situation. 

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

You may be correct, but I damn well hope you're not.  What sort of logic gives the easiest run of matches to the most inept manager when, of all the matches in the calendar, these are the ones for which you must reserve your optimum performance?  I feel that football common sense has deserted our board at this very crucial moment of decision.

Speaking of the board, I have emailed them with my comments as I know others have done.  I would urge all others on here who want Rodgers gone to do the same.  We may be I ignored, but those on the board must start to take more notice as the complaints pile up, and at the very least it's better than just ranting on here.

• Like 3

I'd love to know Rodgers genuine thoughts on this situation lol

He must know he's done and wants to leave. However he obviously wants that juicy payout so it's not as easy as walking away. We've lost 6 games on the trot, so he's clearly doing all he can to expedite the process, but he's got some simp boss who absolutely adores him and won't let him go.

Reminds me of the story of the Andy Woodman situation at Newcastle. On an 8 year contract with full payout if sacked. With 5 years left Pardew was sacked and he was buzzing for the 5 year payout, then he was the only member of the coaching staff that was kept on.  lol

Then spent his time desperately trying to get the sack under McLaren haha

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

We should introduce new rules for these kinds of posts

You get perma-muted until what your "reliable source" said comes true... or doesn't

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

I was told the same at the beginning of this month 

50 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I’d argue that he’s never in fact actually had one. 

Probably the wrong word used to describe the link. However, there has to be some link between the Board and Rodgers otherwise they'd have pulled the plug long ago.

7 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

42 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I was told the same at the beginning of this month 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That was the plan but ‘events dear boy, events’ ……

So there we have it, confirmed, we literally wrote the season off before it had even started.

It seems it's got so bad those plans might, hopefully, change, we might even manage to salvage something of the season but why you'd end last season, go through the summer and into a new season with the attitude the club has is beyond me. 

Edited by Matt

4 hours ago, stevostadium said:

gutted i got my whelan and my wheelers mixed up:)

sent e-mail prior to this and  predictive text picked it up

didnt get a reply, then again it probably didnt even reach her

Simple aid memoir: 

Wheelers don’t have authority here.

Whelans do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

So there we have it, confirmed, we literally wrote the season off before it had even started.

It seems it's got so bad those plans might, hopefully, change, we might even manage to salvage something of the season but why you'd end last season, go through the summer and into a new season with the attitude the club has is beyond me. 

Problem is if we waste these so called easier fixtures, which is quite possible, we’ll be so far adrift to make a change that will have impact anyway.

Very dangerous game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Not shooting messenger don’t worry. If we have an easier run until World Cup I find it very hard to believe they would agree to keep until the end of that period.

although I don’t at all Agee, I can see them thinking they will give him a chance to turn it round at the start of these easier games but if he loses first couple the fact they are supposedly easy, surely only increases the pressure? 

• Like 1

i dont see why they think he'll get points from these easier games when we couldnt even beat brentford or southampton at home. and nothing from a 10 man chelsea side who sacked their manager soon after. they do seem desperate for rodgers to turn it around, even thought that clealy won't happen

11 hours ago, filbertway said:

I'd love to know Rodgers genuine thoughts on this situation lol

He must know he's done and wants to leave. However he obviously wants that juicy payout so it's not as easy as walking away. We've lost 6 games on the trot, so he's clearly doing all he can to expedite the process, but he's got some simp boss who absolutely adores him and won't let him go.

Reminds me of the story of the Andy Woodman situation at Newcastle. On an 8 year contract with full payout if sacked. With 5 years left Pardew was sacked and he was buzzing for the 5 year payout, then he was the only member of the coaching staff that was kept on.  lol

Then spent his time desperately trying to get the sack under McLaren haha

Pardew wasn't sacked by Newcastle, he went to Crystal Palace.