Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 hours ago, don_danbury said:

i dont see why they think he'll get points from these easier games when we couldnt even beat brentford or southampton at home. and nothing from a 10 man chelsea side who sacked their manager soon after. they do seem desperate for rodgers to turn it around, even thought that clealy won't happen

“Easier games” there doesn’t seem to be any easier games any more. Even Forest seem to have a strong squad. Teams like Fulham have strengthened. The Premier League is more competitive than ever. The best league in the world. And we just seem to be passive and not ruthless enough for it at the moment. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LFox99 said:

We should introduce new rules for these kinds of posts

You get perma-muted until what your "reliable source" said comes true... or doesn't

Good idea!

Add to the list posts that contain the phrase "he's gone if we....", "Top needs to...." and those attributing reasons/ motives for Rodgers staying with absolutely no knowledge or facts.

Oh wait though.... What are the 5 of us left gonna do then!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Not to shit in anyone's sandwiches, but a 4-0 win requires a clean sheet.

Probably end up 4-4 with Rodgers saying we had more possession, controlled the game, we’re unlucky, individual errors cost us, Forest we’re backed by the board etc etc. 

• Like 2

He's not here until the World Cup at least unless we get points on the board fast. There's not a chance we'd go a 3rd of the season with him in charge about 10+ points adrift from safety. They may well view this stretch of games as the time to make the decision so he fluffs his lines on Monday or doesn't get a few wins and he'll be gone.

There's probably an element of truth in what the club have planned but that will have to quickly change if they have any strategic credibility or are serious about their statement that they are custodians of this football club and operate in its best interests.

I was told the manager we have as the long term successor to Brendan if it were decided he needed replacing was someone who isn't available until after the World Cup. However that goes out the window if we continue rooted to the bottom with 1 point and probably already consigned to relegation the longer we fail to act.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I was told the manager we have as the long term successor to Brendan if it were decided he needed replacing was someone who isn't available until after the World Cup. However that goes out the window if we continue rooted to the bottom with 1 point and probably already consigned to relegation the longer we fail to act.

I thought this could be the only plausible explanation as to why the club were keeping their powder dry.  I had a sneaking suspicion it could be Martinez, due to our clubs love in with the Belgium players, hence Pratt opting to stay, but I could be wide of the mark on that one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I think it all comes down to Monday. Fail to win and he goes.

If we're at the point where his future is based on one game. How long does he get if he wins this?

Seems like a really odd way to go about things. If you're 1 poor performance from being sacked, surely it's just delaying the inevitable.

This isn't me question you btw, I also think this is how Top is thinking. It just seems mad to me, if you're in a position where the outcome of a game is deciding the manager's fate, the manager should no longer be there.

• Like 3

One can't seriously think that he wont be gone by Wednesday when we aren't winning with 5 minutes left, and Rodgers does his usual and as his first sub of the game brings Mike Stowell on and sticks him up front, with Top literally watching from the stand.

If he survives not winning this game I'm afraid it does have to become a matter of directly protesting the owner for the Board's decision-making, if it isn't already.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I thought this could be the only plausible explanation as to why the club were keeping their powder dry.  I had a sneaking suspicion it could be Martinez, due to our clubs love in with the Belgium players, hence Pratt opting to stay, but I could be wide of the mark on that one.

So we would replace a manager whose teams concede countless number of goals from set pieces, are soft-centred and are generally disorganised with a manager whose teams concede countless number of goal from set pieces, are soft-centred and are generally disorganised? I would legitimately have Sam Allardyce or Benitez over Martinez, not even joking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not here until the World Cup at least unless we get points on the board fast. There's not a chance we'd go a 3rd of the season with him in charge about 10+ points adrift from safety. They may well view this stretch of games as the time to make the decision so he fluffs his lines on Monday or doesn't get a few wins and he'll be gone.

There's probably an element of truth in what the club have planned but that will have to quickly change if they have any strategic credibility or are serious about their statement that they are custodians of this football club and operate in its best interests.

I agree. It is quite feasible that that the favoured replacement is not available immediately particularly if that person is in a job and that club are looking to find a replacement too. The decision on Rodgers could well have been made already but the club feel they don’t want him or the team to down tools in the meantime. 

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

Praet didn't opt to stay - he was desperate to go back to Torino (or elsewhere) and the club didn't feel the offers were good enough.

Martinez is a horrible manager, for the record.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

If we're at the point where his future is based on one game. How long does he get if he wins this?

Seems like a really odd way to go about things. If you're 1 poor performance from being sacked, surely it's just delaying the inevitable.

This isn't me question you btw, I also think this is how Top is thinking. It just seems mad to me, if you're in a position where the outcome of a game is deciding the manager's fate, the manager should no longer be there.

I have no idea, I also think it’s absolutely ridiculous. I think he should have gone when we lost to forest in the FA cup. This is just the way Top is seemingly thinking. The fact he is going to be at the game is telling too. If he does win I really don’t know what will happen, he should be long gone and should also go should we win. However would Top think that if he is there and we batter them? 

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

John Herdman Canada manager maybe?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I have no idea, I also think it’s absolutely ridiculous. I think he should have gone when we lost to forest in the FA cup. This is just the way Top is seemingly thinking. The fact he is going to be at the game is telling too. If he does win I really don’t know what will happen, he should be long gone and should also go should we win. However would Top think that if he is there and we batter them? 

This is the problem for me.  What happens if we win 3-0 or something like that?  There is a big problem and the players are just not buying into his management anymore, but if we have a good win against local rivals, would we still pull the trigger? I doubt it and then how many more games does he get? 

What happens if he then draws 2 and loses 1 in the next 3 games then we win again against Wolves? I fear where we are going to end up this season if we keep giving a few more games every time.

He should have gone in the summer.  Would have been better for him and better for us.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Thanks 1