Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

By October 2 (the 7th game of the season) Ranieri had 8 points, in his final season with the Foxes.  When Claudio was finally sacked the Foxes were 17th, close but still out of relegation zone. My impression is that Brendan most likely will be sacked by the end of the upcoming month.  I suspect they’re currently scouting his replacement as we speak.  My concern is that the problem may be deeper than just the manager.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not here until the World Cup at least unless we get points on the board fast. There's not a chance we'd go a 3rd of the season with him in charge about 10+ points adrift from safety. They may well view this stretch of games as the time to make the decision so he fluffs his lines on Monday or doesn't get a few wins and he'll be gone.

There's probably an element of truth in what the club have planned but that will have to quickly change if they have any strategic credibility or are serious about their statement that they are custodians of this football club and operate in its best interests.

I was told the manager we have as the long term successor to Brendan if it were decided he needed replacing was someone who isn't available until after the World Cup. However that goes out the window if we continue rooted to the bottom with 1 point and probably already consigned to relegation the longer we fail to act.

Anybody would have said at the start of the season that there’s “not a chance” that he’d survive 1 point from 7 matches including 22 goals conceded.

And yet here we are.

It seems that the bar for his sacking will get raised higher and higher until it is too late. Looking forward to the “one last chance” he has to keep his job by beating Newport at home.

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

So we would replace a manager whose teams concede countless number of goals from set pieces, are soft-centred and are generally disorganised with a manager whose teams concede countless number of goal from set pieces, are soft-centred and are generally disorganised? I would legitimately have Sam Allardyce or Benitez over Martinez, not even joking. 

I said I could be wide of the mark A la Akinbiyi.  I am not a  fan of Martinez, but I couldn't think of another World Cup manager who's been linked with us, and he's out of contract after the tournament.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Praet didn't opt to stay - he was desperate to go back to Torino (or elsewhere) and the club didn't feel the offers were good enough.

Martinez is a horrible manager, for the record.

Didn't say I like Martinez, just makes sense that his contract is up, and he's had Prem experience.  BTW thanks I know I spelt Praet's name wrong................I blame spell checker like everyone else:ph34r:!

Haven't been on here for a while, been sitting in the corner of my bedroom for the last 11 days wondering how on earth he's still here 

If he can't set the team up right, get them going for a local derby, at home, under the lights, evening kick off then nothing more can be said

No more waiting, no more leaks that the board are still giving him time, no more bollocks about "we played well for 60 minutes etc" this game has, and I repeat HAS to be last chance saloon

I'm beyond frustrated how awful our start has been, but the feeling of discontent towards Brendan is dying for me now, he's never going to walk away from what will be a big pay off, and he's well within his rights to not do so, folk can say "where's his pride" but if I was in a job that I knew I couldn't do anymore, and knew that if I was sacked I get 10+ million pay off, whereas if I walk I get nothing, rest assured I'm turning up work every single day regardless 

I'm getting more annoyed at the fact that there has been nothing, not even a show of support from the board, vote of confidence, anything to tell the fans what on earth is going on 

I think the announcement of the ground extension was a tactic to appease how restless alot of us are getting, and as much as it's nice to see the expansion given the go ahead, the news hasn't don't anything to lift spirits amongst the fans, and has completely gone down like a sack of s**t 

Hand on heart I would rather watch a Leicester city team play solid football, getting the basics right at my local park if it meant seeing us on the up again 

I would absolutely love to be proved wrong on this, for Brendan to take us on a 5-6 match winning run so we can see we've turned the corner, but nothing so far this season has shown me that's going to happen

• Like 4

I think his biggest downfall has been trying to match what the opposition are doing rather than backing your own system to overpower the opposition. The players never really know their jobs as it changes frequently. 

I think that is the weakest managerial trait of all as by matching the opposition it shows you don't really know how to overcome the side infront of you. 

7 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I said I could be wide of the mark A la Akinbiyi.  I am not a  fan of Martinez, but I couldn't think of another World Cup manager who's been linked with us, and he's out of contract after the tournament.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of Martinez managing us, I just think it would be a disaster. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, copunk said:

Haven't been on here for a while, been sitting in the corner of my bedroom for the last 11 days wondering how on earth he's still here 

If he can't set the team up right, get them going for a local derby, at home, under the lights, evening kick off then nothing more can be said

No more waiting, no more leaks that the board are still giving him time, no more bollocks about "we played well for 60 minutes etc" this game has, and I repeat HAS to be last chance saloon

I'm beyond frustrated how awful our start has been, but the feeling of discontent towards Brendan is dying for me now, he's never going to walk away from what will be a big pay off, and he's well within his rights to not do so, folk can say "where's his pride" but if I was in a job that I knew I couldn't do anymore, and knew that if I was sacked I get 10+ million pay off, whereas if I walk I get nothing, rest assured I'm turning up work every single day regardless 

I'm getting more annoyed at the fact that there has been nothing, not even a show of support from the board, vote of confidence, anything to tell the fans what on earth is going on 

I think the announcement of the ground extension was a tactic to appease how restless alot of us are getting, and as much as it's nice to see the expansion given the go ahead, the news hasn't don't anything to lift spirits amongst the fans, and has completely gone down like a sack of s**t 

Hand on heart I would rather watch a Leicester city team play solid football, getting the basics right at my local park if it meant seeing us on the up again 

I would absolutely love to be proved wrong on this, for Brendan to take us on a 5-6 match winning run so we can see we've turned the corner, but nothing so far this season has shown me that's going to happen

The ground announcement I don't think is a tactic, just a positive thing that's happened, could have happened now or in a few weeks/months time, that was down to the council to be honest.

As for BR yeah if he somehow does manage to turn it around, we got to back him. 

Danny Simpson was saying on radio, the players are still playing for him (which I know seems hard to believe) the problem is lack of competition for places, also seems off but, who am I to argue, if he's speaking to the lads that's more of an insight than what we have.

17 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

If we win it goes on for another week if we don’t it’s good bye. 

Whatever helps you sleep at night!  I've pretty much given up hope that anything will happen - I think Top has completely lost the plot.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

If we win it goes on for another week if we don’t it’s good bye. 

He will go as soon as Top can find the money , but not before. As Top has been around a bit this last couple of weeks  perhaps he is arranging the finance.

Edited by An Sionnach

:crylaugh::crylaugh: :crylaugh:

“We want to be a team where we go home and away and the supporters will come and enjoy watching the team.”

We’ve not enjoyed coming and watching for 18 to 24 months+.

Nor have we been “to our level” for that timescale either.

I seen the onus is on the supporters again “If they can give us the backing on Monday at King Power Stadium, it could be a fantastic night.”

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

:crylaugh::crylaugh: :crylaugh:

“We want to be a team where we go home and away and the supporters will come and enjoy watching the team.”

We’ve not enjoyed coming and watching for 18 to 24 months+.

Nor have we been “to our level” for that timescale either.

I seen the onus is on the supporters again “If they can give us the backing on Monday at King Power Stadium, it could be a fantastic night.”

He's getting his excuse in early so we when we lose he can blame it on pressure from the crowd!

• Like 3

Is this Brendan fighting talk lol?

look regardless of what happens to him it’s out of our hands. Top & Susan make that decision. The one and only focus now is to beat forest convincingly and build on it with a 3-4 match winning run to get out of this hell hole we find ourselves in. Cannot sugarcoat it any longer!