Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not here until the World Cup at least unless we get points on the board fast. There's not a chance we'd go a 3rd of the season with him in charge about 10+ points adrift from safety. They may well view this stretch of games as the time to make the decision so he fluffs his lines on Monday or doesn't get a few wins and he'll be gone.

There's probably an element of truth in what the club have planned but that will have to quickly change if they have any strategic credibility or are serious about their statement that they are custodians of this football club and operate in its best interests.

I was told the manager we have as the long term successor to Brendan if it were decided he needed replacing was someone who isn't available until after the World Cup. However that goes out the window if we continue rooted to the bottom with 1 point and probably already consigned to relegation the longer we fail to act.

We're you given a name? If so, please do tell. 🙏😘

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was told the manager we have as the long term successor to Brendan if it were decided he needed replacing was someone who isn't available until after the World Cup. However that goes out the window if we continue rooted to the bottom with 1 point and probably already consigned to relegation the longer we fail to act.

International Manager? Kasper Hjulmand?

Tell us Ric! lol

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Contracted until 2024. It will be more likely someone who's contract is up at the end of the tournament.

I don’t think Hjulmand is going to be with Denmark for that much longer

If he does well at the World Cup I expect to see him in club football soon after

Edited by moore_94

Rodgers says international management has always been an ambition of his. "It's something I've always wanted to do. But I've got two-and-a-half years on my contract here. I'm happy, and enjoying my time here.

I imagine he said that in the same way prisoners of war read prepared statements written by their captors.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Rodgers says international management has always been an ambition of his. "It's something I've always wanted to do. But I've got two-and-a-half years on my contract here. I'm happy, and enjoying my time here.

I imagine he said that in the same way prisoners of war read prepared statements written by their captors.

tbf if i made £8m a year doing a bad job whilst slagging off my employers with seemingly no risk of termination, i'd be having a great time too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I seen the onus is on the supporters again “If they can give us the backing on Monday at King Power Stadium, it could be a fantastic night.”

Yeah this grated on me too. Fans aren't the issue here. We'll give the backing to the team for sure. Just not him. 

He's set that one up to basically say post-match that we didn't back them enough or made the players nervous (!!!) if we don't win. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Didnt Southgate essentially say he's thinking about resigning regardless of Englands results ;) 

Oh God no please no 🙏 first order of business drop Maddison to the bench and keep him there regardless. 

Edited by Ely fox

... "As conflict escalates, these polarized perceptions intensify, and the rival often seems increasingly evil and dangerous; its actions are perceived as vicious attempts to hurt us. Even positive gestures are interpreted as a devious manipulation"

This is demonisation, recognise it?

I think Rodgers is a terrible manager a poor motivator and a brilliant self publicist, but to attribute (with absolutely zero evidence) every action or inaction to the worst possible motive is ridiculous and cruel, we know nothing about him in FACT, he may well be a very generous, kind and lovely man away from his job not in the least greedy or nasty as so many want to believe.

I think its enough to say he is poor at his job and should be sacked but thats just an opinion and far from everyones.

I prefer to leave the character assassination alone, it's beyond childish.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Didnt Southgate essentially say he's thinking about resigning regardless of Englands results ;) 

Madds gone in January then. Vardy to down tools.

We can all start the new year as this one finished.

What a prospect ffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro02 said:

What's actually wrong with what he said there? 

He's right, let's all get behind the lads and make some positive noise Monday night! 

This could be a real turning point in our season and a night we look back on as "where it all changed for the better". 

If it doesn't happen on the pitch then by all means vent your frustrations, but let's be positive going into it. We need to win this. 

Then keep showing positivity and approval in the only space where fans will be heard? 

Sounds a cracking idea

• Like 1