Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, LFox99 said:

I spoke to my Luton Town supporting mate and he basically told me to shut up and go crying with our PL tv money. Said hed give anything to have what we have which I obviously understand but ****ing hell, it doesnt mean we should just chuck it away now

People just aren't capable of putting things into context. Bury going under doesn't mean Manchester United fans aren't allowed to be unhappy about their two rivals hoovering up all the trophies they used to win. Vice versa.

This is wank whatever level we're at. I don't understand how anybody can pretend it isn't. I guarantee Luton fans enjoy this season more than ours do.

• Like 4

I know we all hate Klopp's perpetual whining about- well, everything.  But just try to imagine our manager making a statement which

1. Defends his player rather than blames them

2. Actually discusses tactics in a meaningful way.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I know we all hate Klopp's perpetual whining about- well, everything.  But just try to imagine our manager making a statement which

1. Defends his player rather than blames them

2. Actually discusses tactics in a meaningful way.

Love this but it doesn’t stop teams targeting it lol 

1 hour ago, J. James said:

Lol.. Did l say you said that? No, you're struggling with words l expect, try reading it again but s l o w l y.

But as you've clearly in your strange and peculiar tangent (involving princes and Nigeria) forgotten what you actually wrote here it is:

"The only thing on Rodgers mind is ensuring he gets 100% of his termination payoff"

Not an "l think" to be seen or even "in my opinion" just a straight out statement of what he is thinking!

You must be a very talented man /woman to know what he is thinking but you're not alone never fear, lots of others "know" he doesn't want to be here, he's deliberately throwing games, he's greedy, etc etc etc.

Like these other "clever" people, l see you dont allow such trivialities as facts and knowledge get in the way of a good old slag off of someone you dont like.

I criticise the man constantly but on the FACTS of his poor performances not imaginary faults such as greed.

You quite simply do not have the faintest idea of his motives for anything!

And as for "l think he's playing the game like most managers do"  - fair comment, an opinion framed as such, but I'd be interested in how you know  MOST managers do anything, more mind reading purchance?

I respect everyones opinion - including Tops, the boards the people who want him to stay - but l really don't respect rabble rousing wise acres who attribute imaginary faults and the worst of motives to people they do not know in the slightest!

Its simply mob mentality and a bit silly - imo.

Wow this really seems to bother you. You really need to calm down a bit mate.

Given your rant it sounds like you’re the one struggling 😂

Have a good evening, cheers!

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Klopp is an insufferable **** but he fights for his club. That's something most managers do. Rodgers doesn't. That's why he's never popular with the fans.

That's what p*ssing me off with Brendan, if any player even attempts to foul one of Klopps players he watches it intensely and then goes berserk. While if the reverse happened to one of our players our Brendan won't even notice the foul, with the thinking sh*t happens in the game get on with it, with his no reaction it's no wonder the ref won't give a red against us or Klopps actions results in a penalty for his team.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

I heard that several managers were once asked if they could be any type of bird what would they be?

Pep said an Eagle so he could soar high.

Klopp said a Robin as red is close to his heart.

Rodgers said he'd be a flying tiger.

The guys an idiot.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

That's what p*ssing me off with Brendan, if any player even attempts to foul one of Klopps players he watches it intensely and then goes berserk. While if the reverse happened to one of our players our Brendan won't even notice the foul, with the thinking sh*t happens in the game get of it, with his no reaction it's no wonder the ref won't give a red against us or Klopps actions results in a penalty for his team.

The game unfolding in front of Rodgers, it always seems, is not about the team, individual players, the owners, supporters or even the club as a whole, it's all about how it reflects on him. Eager to take plaudits for a win or any tactics employed in such but, after a loss, quick to blame others. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, J. James said:

Lol.. Did l say you said that? No, you're struggling with words l expect, try reading it again but s l o w l y.

But as you've clearly in your strange and peculiar tangent (involving princes and Nigeria) forgotten what you actually wrote here it is:

"The only thing on Rodgers mind is ensuring he gets 100% of his termination payoff"

Not an "l think" to be seen or even "in my opinion" just a straight out statement of what he is thinking!

You must be a very talented man /woman to know what he is thinking but you're not alone never fear, lots of others "know" he doesn't want to be here, he's deliberately throwing games, he's greedy, etc etc etc.

Like these other "clever" people, l see you dont allow such trivialities as facts and knowledge get in the way of a good old slag off of someone you dont like.

I criticise the man constantly but on the FACTS of his poor performances not imaginary faults such as greed.

You quite simply do not have the faintest idea of his motives for anything!

And as for "l think he's playing the game like most managers do"  - fair comment, an opinion framed as such, but I'd be interested in how you know  MOST managers do anything, more mind reading purchance?

I respect everyones opinion - including Tops, the boards the people who want him to stay - but l really don't respect rabble rousing wise acres who attribute imaginary faults and the worst of motives to people they do not know in the slightest!

Its simply mob mentality and a bit silly - imo.

Sadly these opinions are rife across this forum,   Many know what Brendan is doing and thinking, plus his intentions. 

it’s not hard to put a “ In my opinion” prior to these views.

51 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The game unfolding in front of Rodgers, it always seems, is not about the team, individual players, the owners, supporters or even the club as a whole, it's all about how it reflects on him. Eager to take plaudits for a win or any tactics employed in such but, after a loss, quick to blame others. 

And he talks a load of bs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

That's what p*ssing me off with Brendan, if any player even attempts to foul one of Klopps players he watches it intensely and then goes berserk. While if the reverse happened to one of our players our Brendan won't even notice the foul, with the thinking sh*t happens in the game get on with it, with his no reaction it's no wonder the ref won't give a red against us or Klopps actions results in a penalty for his team.

I feel the same,  l like to see the passion, the burning desire and the outrage at "wrong"  decisions.

One of the many reasons l loved Martin O'neil was his touchline histrionics!

Can't be doing with the seemingly passionless ones like BR (and Southgate), wouldn't be so bad if they were tactical genii but l can't remember either being accused of that!

lts not cricket ffs *

*no offense cricket.

Edited by J. James
Added a note to cricket
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Scanchez said:

I heard that several managers were once asked if they could be any type of bird what would they be?

Pep said an Eagle so he could soar high.

Klopp said a Robin as red is close to his heart.

Rodgers said he'd be a flying tiger.

The guys an idiot.

Only because Tigers sh1t more than the others, which he's already proven his ability at from a great height

• Haha 1

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

After listening to his press conference and comments about team selection I actually feel his Ego could get us relegated 

This squad of players is more than good enough to stay up but you can see he's run out of ideas and is just basically hoping that something is different 

I was speaking to a couple of Liverpool fans on Thursday. One was being quite defensive saying that Rodgers isn't blameless for our position but us having not signed anyone is the bigger issue. He also said that he felt that most of Liverpool's poor recruitment mostly wasn't down to him. The other one was far more understanding. He said that the last season under Rodgers was the worst football he's ever seen at Liverpool. He also said that what's going on at Leicester is eerily reminiscent to the decline at Liverpool and that the only difference is that at Liverpool he couldn't get away with letting them sink further. 

8 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I was speaking to a couple of Liverpool fans on Thursday. One was being quite defensive saying that Rodgers isn't blameless for our position but us having not signed anyone is the bigger issue. He also said that he felt that most of Liverpool's poor recruitment mostly wasn't down to him. The other one was far more understanding. He said that the last season under Rodgers was the worst football he's ever seen at Liverpool. He also said that what's going on at Leicester is eerily reminiscent to the decline at Liverpool and that the only difference is that at Liverpool he couldn't get away with letting them sink further. 

The sad reality is he has been allowed to let us sink to the lowest of the low, and we still won't get rid of him. That's why the board are just as much to blame as Rodgers now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

If it’s eerily reminiscent of what happened to Liverpool, perhaps that proves him wrong that it’s all down to the recruitment. All Rodgers.

25 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

...He also said that what's going on at Leicester is eerily reminiscent to the decline at Liverpool and that the only difference is that at Liverpool he couldn't get away with letting them sink further. 

...you can understand that at Liverpool he would have been removed as soon as the results and performances became clear!!!

Rodgers knows how to get players to buy into him, his problem is he can't keep up the facade as eventually his mask slips.

I am not in the least bit wary of relegation (not saying it can't happen) but almost anyone new, will get this team playing to their best potential. 

35 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The sad reality is he has been allowed to let us sink to the lowest of the low, and we still won't get rid of him. That's why the board are just as much to blame as Rodgers now.

More, if anything.  The sad truth of our plight is clear, they're the ones with the power to change it, and they refuse to act.

29 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

If it’s eerily reminiscent of what happened to Liverpool, perhaps that proves him wrong that it’s all down to the recruitment. All Rodgers.

I think you got the wrong of the stick? The one who said that it was reminiscent was the one who was less sympathetic towards Rodgers.