Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

So immediately Newcastle have secured serious money backing, our manager is going to up sticks and go there like the assumption is that they will also sign Mbappe, Messi etc.

OK so the fans are cock-a-hoop but has anyone given any thought to the mindset of their current squad? With a couple of exceptions, they could all be looking over their shoulder wondering when they will get the chop. Most i suspect will know that once the money starts talking they will be out on their ears to be replaced by whoever is the next mega-bucks target. They could well be a dispirited bunch with no motivation as they know they will be gone soon. I might just lump a fiver on them for the drop this season as they are not going to make any massive signings until next summer, especially if they are stuck at the wrong end of the table come Christmas time.

.....the flip side of that is, they get their heads down and continue to put a shift in, believing that they could be one of the players kept after the cull!!!

Significantly they say they want to emulate ourselves, does that include offers to Susan Whelan to oversee their project. Will this be, building a relationship with the fanbase and community asking them to buy into a dream, that every Newcastle supporter has had since forever, and are now waking up to something even better.

I suspect the squad will be galvanised and they will ride a wave of optimism with a realisation that they no longer had to be outside of the window, looking in, and feeding off the scraps Ashley chose to discard.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Rodgers’ odds of being the next Newcastle manager are drifting from 10/1 to 12/1.

Meanwhile Rodgers’ odds of being the next Barcelona manager have shortened from 10/1 to 3/1.

Football World has gone mad

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Newcastle is a very large City 

The population of Newcastle and Gateshead combined is only a little more than that of Leicester and Wigston. It feels bigger than us but it really isn't. The club is big because the whole city are obsessed with football and support it through thick and thin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

How are Newcastle going to emulate us? I know everyone will have different opinions, but our scouting and club culture helped us punch above our financial weight. Newcastle are just going to buy the best staff and players until they lift a trophy. We came to the party with a hard-fought relationship. Newcastle have just turned up with a high-class prostitute. 

Rewriting history much?

It's all relative. But as far as how they could emulate us, I'd go with:-

- over a decade of being shit having spent no money, and no scouting network to speak of.

-New managers, spunking.money all over the shop and ultimately failing.

-before spending our new found wealth on the best staff, investing in the infrastructure and then writing the blueprint that they want to emulate.

Oversimplification I know but...

I think they may aim to skip the first 2 steps but even if they don't, some nutter promised Europe within 5 years and delivered.

Man City took 4 years from their new found wealth.

But please don't pretend the money had nothing to do with our success. We weren't a well run club before we were bought out. And we started from a lower platform.

Let's not pretend it ain't doable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

He wouldn't come here. He will leap frog a team like us now. His stock is very high, wouldn't surprise me if he is the next England manager after the world cup next year 

Were exactly the kind of club someone with Potters reputation would come.

Were the next step up, sat right in between Brighton and the elite. If he does well with us then he probably gets a crack at the elite, if not then he moves back to a bottom half prem level.

Id rather be a championship manager than England manager. Nobody in their managerial prime with genuine talent should be anywhere near the England job

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, enmac said:
Steve Bruce is set to be fired at #NUFC by the new ownership who will swoop for Brendan Rodgers from #LCFC. They are willing to pay off his contract & offer him a 15% pay rise with the promise of huge funds for transfers. Brendan willing to move after player unrest at Leicester

Seriously Martin aka Sean, can't you just go have a wank in a sock or something instead of posting this tripe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Yes, of course. Although I personally don't see him upping and leaving. He may be tempted by the money maybe not, but i'd like to think he came to Leicester for the project and that project is not yet  completed. Would be interesting to hear his response though when questioned about it, thats for sure.  

It's an interesting thought. Since being here, Leicester have finished fifth twice and won the FA Cup. I wonder what else Rodgers might think is required to finish the project?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

It's an interesting thought. Since being here, Leicester have finished fifth twice and won the FA Cup. I wonder what else Rodgers might think is required to finish the project?

Breaking into the top four which is well out of reach now 

12 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Newcastle have to achieve a number of step goals.   Avoid relegation , start to regularly qualify for Europe (to the attract world class players... nb we are not putting up the money to leverage this), become a year in year out challenger for the epl (spurs failed to do this... man utd are tring to get back to this.)

They will need a different manager for each step... just as man city did. But which one is Rodgers?

How many seasons did Chelsea take before winning the league after the Russian took over?

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

He wouldn't come here. He will leap frog a team like us now. His stock is very high, wouldn't surprise me if he is the next England manager after the world cup next year 

Disagree, if the job came up tomorrow I think he'd walk here over broken glass. At the end of the season if we carry on as we are might be a different story but we are still a dream job for a lot of people.

Plus I want to be proved right as I called him as potential for our next manager after we played them for the first time with him in charge. Thought I'd got him wrong but he's definitely picked up again this season. They play nice football, just couldn't score before, and with our resources (and now hopefully our striker choices already in the squad)....

1 hour ago, enmac said:
Steve Bruce is set to be fired at #NUFC by the new ownership who will swoop for Brendan Rodgers from #LCFC. They are willing to pay off his contract & offer him a 15% pay rise with the promise of huge funds for transfers. Brendan willing to move after player unrest at Leicester

This is the same bloke who last week said Rodgers was going to be sacked. 

I also think Potter wouldn't come here, he seems to much of a nice guy to suddenly ditch a club he's contracted to, doing a good job building Brighton up, think he wait until his contract is up and move to Spurs when Nuno departs in 2years. We might get the Brentford manager Thomas Frank, he would be good for us all the mathematical Football analysis they use at the club, but he seems majorly involved with the owner of the club in the running of Brentford that it also seems highly unlikely we get him, but you never know!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I also think Potter wouldn't come here, he seems to much of a nice guy to suddenly ditch a club he's contracted to, doing a good job building Brighton up, think he wait until his contract is up and move to Spurs when Nuno departs in 2years. We might get the Brentford manager Thomas Frank, he would be good for us all the mathematical Football analysis they use at the club, but he seems majorly involved with the owner of the club in the running of Brentford that it also seems highly unlikely we get him, but you never know!

He ditched Swansea pretty sharpish.

5 hours ago, goose2010 said:

yeah getting brighton to finish 15th and 16th means his stock is VERY high. wouldn't surprise me if man city come calling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, winteriscoming said:

I don’t get the appeal of Potter. Don’t get me wrong he’s started this season well but I’d be disappointed if he replaces Rodgers if/when he leaves. There are a lot better options than him. 

I’m with you. He hasn’t done enough yet for me to suggest he would be the right man for the job. I think he’s a cracking manager, but he still has a bit more to prove.