Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

the club have relegated us. really hope they’re happy with their decision 

In a way, it's their loss, not ours. As fans we are in for the ride; championship, league 1, league 2 even..at some point we'll be back in the PL.

Probably at worst inside 10-15 years...even hailed as a 'sleeping giant' - the myth tends to grow the longer you are away.

Meanwhile, KP will have spanked 10 years of brutally hard work, love, tears, joy and hundreds of millions of pounds and lost a club they adored....and left with playing Polo with minor royals 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-staff-leicester-city-7654244

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has revealed visits to hospices and taking his staff away for a few days helped put things ‘into perspective’ and ‘break the cycle’ of the club’s Premier League struggles.

City are currently bottom of the Premier League but have the chance to climb above Nottingham Forest when the Reds visit the King Power Stadium on Monday (8pm kick-off). City go into the game having lost each of their last six league matches, while Forest have lost their last four.

The club’s position has led to questions being asked about Rodgers’ future, but the Northern Irishman will be in the dugout on Monday as he looks to turn the season around.

“It was a chance to put things into perspective,” he said. “There is a children’s hospice and an adults’ hospice. Life is put in perspective there. You think you suffer in football and you do in terms of results but it is much bigger than that.

“I (also) took the senior staff for a couple of days after the Tottenham game to go and reflect and talk and play a bit of golf. I took them to Loch Lomond and played a couple of days there which was very nice. I enjoyed that and it breaks the cycle. It is also key as I know that you can’t isolate yourself.

“We all have bad moments in whatever it is but the key is to not go and be on your own. It is so important. We had a nice couple of days there and were back in here for some work.”

Ahead of the game against Forest, Rodgers said he understands supporters’ frustrations but insisted he is up for the challenge of turning the season around.

“The supporters have every right not to be pleased,” he added. “It’s the challenge for clubs like ourselves to be fighting for European football. For that there has to be constant improvement. It’s always going to be a huge challenge but one I relish.”

They probably spent the 2 days trying to work out what more they can do wrong to get the sack and their handsome pay off. We have conceded 11 in last 2 games and lost 6 in a row, they must be gutted to be back at the drawing board again trying to work out if Plan B is to leave a steaming turd in each of Top’s car, Whelan’s handbag and Rudders desk drawer as there only chance of an exit 😂

• Haha 2

Can go on as many away days to refresh the batteries as they like. That won't make you suddenly understand how to set up a team and organise the defence. They have had months to put this right and clear they have run out of ideas. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Last paragraph is telling. It's a challenge to be fighting for European places? 

Nope. As per your first interview here - it's the expectation. 

He's still undermining and downgrading the vision of the club. Managing to sneak that in whilst also patting himself very publicly on the back. 

Everything he says and does is Brendan first. In his reality he is a genius who has brought incredible success to relegation fodder. 

Even manages to have another dig about investment. 

get in the bin you wee shite of a man. Wouldn’t want him managing my local Lidl. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

Yes go to the Hospice's and see another side of life, and undoubtedly it is a good thing to show footballers, but why mention it, is he looking for praise for doing it?   A lot of people help out others and give their time to charities, but don't feel the need to publicise it.  The problem with humility is when you talk about being humble, it is no longer that.

Your post  instantly made me think of George Michael who gave millions to charity secretly when he was alive and no one knew, it was only after he died that it came to light.

Your right, it's about the character of a person....there are those who want praise, awards and gongs and there are those who are of a better character.

• Like 3

On 01/10/2022 at 10:36, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Celtic? they were leading the SPL by 8 points when he came here. There fans went mental that he left to come here

They may have been, but a lot of them could see them going backwards. They also had had enough of his keep ball borefest tactics.

I think you will find most of the Celtic moans where not because he had gone. But because they see us as a much smaller club.

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

Yes go to the Hospice's and see another side of life, and undoubtedly it is a good thing to show footballers, but why mention it, is he looking for praise for doing it?   A lot of people help out others and give their time to charities, but don't feel the need to publicise it.  The problem with humility is when you talk about being humble, it is no longer that.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Last paragraph is telling. It's a challenge to be fighting for European places? 

Nope. As per your first interview here - it's the expectation. 

He's still undermining and downgrading the vision of the club. Managing to sneak that in whilst also patting himself very publicly on the back. 

45 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Everything he says and does is Brendan first. In his reality he is a genius who has brought incredible success to relegation fodder. 

Even manages to have another dig about investment. 

get in the bin you wee shite of a man. Wouldn’t want him managing my local Lidl. 

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Your post  instantly made me think of George Michael who gave millions to charity secretly when he was alive and no one knew, it was only after he died that it came to light.

Your right, it's about the character of a person....there are those who want praise, awards and gongs and there are those who are of a better character.

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

If he has to manage the team, can he at least be banned from speaking to the press? Man is driving us all mad.

You don't know the guy,or his thoughts,but are determined to ruin his character.

He is no worse or better than any other

Xxx thousand managers before him & to come...

Character assignation on a football forum,especially fans who are light years away from the real running of any

Club, is just pathetic & shows more the wierd perspectives of the accusers..

All of you have contributed to great deabate & banter in the past...but surely

you are above this garbage..Nobody has the right to throw out disdain with

way out perspectives,and out of context thoughts on a football manager,they have no idea of...

Criticise his performance & given mandate failings....Tell me 6 managers from ten through history that have ever came out with the perfect satisfying fans interview,or statements.

It's football-rhetoric good or bad,in a media soaked to sogging world.

And you all bite..and ready to jump.

So he has a cunning master plan..

FFS turn off this garbage of posting.

Return to your past top debate & banter.

The guy is having a shit period,he might

turn it,but IMO his time has gone,because he can't get us performing...Not because of his statements or interviews....

Plus like any manager he has the right to criticise,defend,put the boot in,smooth, put an arm around the shoulders,leave out to dry....as much as he wants to...That's what football managers do, and players know their lot, if not it's the player who have to grow-up & mature.

He's falling short because after an abysmal chronic injury hit season,he's

not been able to give/show the squad can play entertaining football ,even without transfer moves,the squad has talent & should perform..

That's his failing nothing else..!!

If so let's turn off football & judge managers on their interviews & statements..giving them 3 points 1 point, 0 points...

There's not one manager in history that

Would get above 12pts a season..They all come out with drivel, and stolen words of wisdom..

Ranieri was a one off and verarshed the idea, and media, who came out with funny,witty interviews.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

...Beckham is still looking for his Knighthood...!!!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

You don't know the guy,or his thoughts,but are determined to ruin his character.

He is no worse or better than any other

Xxx thousand managers before him & to come...

Character assignation on a football forum,especially fans who are light years away from the real running of any

Club, is just pathetic & shows more the wierd perspectives of the accusers..

All of you have contributed to great deabate & banter in the past...but surely

you are above this garbage..Nobody has the right to throw out disdain with

way out perspectives,and out of context thoughts on a football manager,they have no idea of...

Criticise his performance & given mandate failings....Tell me 6 managers from ten through history that have ever came out with the perfect satisfying fans interview,or statements.

It's football-rhetoric good or bad,in a media soaked to sogging world.

And you all bite..and ready to jump.

So he has a cunning master plan..

FFS turn off this garbage of posting.

Return to your past top debate & banter.

The guy is having a shit period,he might

turn it,but IMO his time has gone,because he can't get us performing...Not because of his statements or interviews....

Plus like any manager he has the right to criticise,defend,put the boot in,smooth, put an arm around the shoulders,leave out to dry....as much as he wants to...That's what football managers do, and players know their lot, if not it's the player who have to grow-up & mature.

He's falling short because after an abysmal chronic injury hit season,he's

not been able to give/show the squad can play entertaining football ,even without transfer moves,the squad has talent & should perform..

That's his failing nothing else..!!

If so let's turn off football & judge managers on their interviews & statements..giving them 3 points 1 point, 0 points...

There's not one manager in history that

Would get above 12pts a season..They all come out with drivel, and stolen words of wisdom..

Ranieri was a one off and verarshed the idea, and media, who came out with funny,witty interviews.

Your points are valid, but he doesn't help himself when it comes to being humble with the fans and our club.  I think a lot of fans were quite shocked during this last few months, he has become self serving and lacked class at times, and yes other managers do it, but on the scale of Rodgers, I don't think so.  Yes judge him on his football results and don't get personal, but please don't tell me that this manager isn't at the top of the pile for drivel and stolen words of wisdom.  You see the true character of person when things are not going well, he has turned once supportive fans(me included) against him by his "it is not me guv" routine!   Admit you've made mistakes and face up to problems that you are part of, or helped create, then fans would be more understanding and maybe in some cases a bit forgiving!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Your points are valid, but he doesn't help himself when it comes to being humble with the fans and our club.  I think a lot of fans were quite shocked during this last few months, he has become self serving and lacked class at times, and yes other managers do it, but on the scale of Rodgers, I don't think so.  Yes judge him on his football results and don't get personal, but please don't tell me that this manager isn't at the top of the pile for drivel and stolen words of wisdom.  You see the true character of person when things are not going well, he has turned once supportive fans(me included) against him by his "it is not me guv" routine!   Admit you've made mistakes and face up to problems that you are part of, or helped create, then fans would be more understanding and maybe in some cases a bit forgiving!

He actually keeps on saying the responsibility is mine....He said more times before Christmas,the teams errors are my responsibility to turn around, now & during the season...

And these last few weeks ditto...

Too much over analysing of interviews.

Like all managers, he will support & then shout out their mistakes if they ain't learning...

The rest are explanations..

Either of team situation,

Club situation,

Support from club,

Quality of squad...all which is his right..

He has never denied his responsibility & failure which again he has stated several times...

This idea of twisting and turning is coming from fans wanting blood.

His branch is full of moment in time,

Winners & losers..At the moment he's on a downer,but quite unfair to deny he hasn't taken on responsibility for his failings in getting his ideology & system

over...

He has to my knowledge at least twice  apologised to the fans,but conveniently gets forgotten...

He/any person can't keep saying sorry in various & different ways to appease fans.

Of course he's questioned the squad.

Of course he's questioned the club...

Of course he's questioned individual players..

But how many times (every week) must he say,the responsibility lies at his feet..

We are making more and pushing his actions to the grotesque built on fans lack of expected appeasement...that he has delivered, but turned and twisted to

Lynch-mob effect...

sorry telling me from some quarters that you can tell a man by his words....not if you twist them to fit your groups agenda...and it's happening here.   Fans refusing to believe his spoken word,because it fits their dislike of the guy...

I refuse to join in...FFS get rid of any manager for lack of achievement,but not because one desire to take different perspectives of what he has said or not said..

If wrong I will defer,but point out word for word where he has spoken with forked tongue..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-staff-leicester-city-7654244

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has revealed visits to hospices and taking his staff away for a few days helped put things ‘into perspective’ and ‘break the cycle’ of the club’s Premier League struggles.

City are currently bottom of the Premier League but have the chance to climb above Nottingham Forest when the Reds visit the King Power Stadium on Monday (8pm kick-off). City go into the game having lost each of their last six league matches, while Forest have lost their last four.

The club’s position has led to questions being asked about Rodgers’ future, but the Northern Irishman will be in the dugout on Monday as he looks to turn the season around.

“It was a chance to put things into perspective,” he said. “There is a children’s hospice and an adults’ hospice. Life is put in perspective there. You think you suffer in football and you do in terms of results but it is much bigger than that.

“I (also) took the senior staff for a couple of days after the Tottenham game to go and reflect and talk and play a bit of golf. I took them to Loch Lomond and played a couple of days there which was very nice. I enjoyed that and it breaks the cycle. It is also key as I know that you can’t isolate yourself.

“We all have bad moments in whatever it is but the key is to not go and be on your own. It is so important. We had a nice couple of days there and were back in here for some work.”

Ahead of the game against Forest, Rodgers said he understands supporters’ frustrations but insisted he is up for the challenge of turning the season around.

“The supporters have every right not to be pleased,” he added. “It’s the challenge for clubs like ourselves to be fighting for European football. For that there has to be constant improvement. It’s always going to be a huge challenge but one I relish.”

I like to ask him what perspective he's talking about? Is he realising his own life isn't that awful or is he saying that "Fans should accept crap football because it's not that bad all things considered..........but I still want my £10m." 

Pure Brent either way.