Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

He actually keeps on saying the responsibility is mine....He said more times before Christmas,the teams errors are my responsibility to turn around, now & during the season...

And these last few weeks ditto...

Too much over analysing of interviews.

Like all managers, he will support & then shout out their mistakes if they ain't learning...

The rest are explanations..

Either of team situation,

Club situation,

Support from club,

Quality of squad...all which is his right..

He has never denied his responsibility & failure which again he has stated several times...

This idea of twisting and turning is coming from fans wanting blood.

His branch is full of moment in time,

Winners & losers..At the moment he's on a downer,but quite unfair to deny he hasn't taken on responsibility for his failings in getting his ideology & system

over...

He has to my knowledge at least twice  apologised to the fans,but conveniently gets forgotten...

He/any person can't keep saying sorry in various & different ways to appease fans.

Of course he's questioned the squad.

Of course he's questioned the club...

Of course he's questioned individual players..

But how many times (every week) must he say,the responsibility lies at his feet..

We are making more and pushing his actions to the grotesque built on fans lack of expected appeasement...that he has delivered, but turned and twisted to

Lynch-mob effect...

sorry telling me from some quarters that you can tell a man by his words....not if you twist them to fit your groups agenda...and it's happening here.   Fans refusing to believe his spoken word,because it fits their dislike of the guy...

I refuse to join in...FFS get rid of any manager for lack of achievement,but not because one desire to take different perspectives of what he has said or not said..

A bit of a lengthy riposte, you could just say you still back him, you don't need to justify it, you are entitled to hold that opinion.  I personally think he lost the fence sitters during the summer, it was the straw that broke the camels back.  Rodgers should have just got on with it, but he didn't, and yes we have had some contrition after the transfer window has closed, but a lot of damage was done by himself during the summer.  Don't forget he is paid £10 million a year for a club our size, I think we should expect a lot better from that.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 4

Just now, Le Renard said:

A bit of a lengthy riposte, you could just say you still back him, you don't need to justify it, you are entitled to hold that opinion.  I personally think he lost the fence sitters during the summer, it was the straw that broke the camels back.  Rodgers should have just got on with it, but he didn't, and yes we have had some contrition after the transfer window has closed, but a lot of damage was done by himself during this period.  Don't forget he is paid £10 million a year for a club our size, I think we should expect a lot better from that.

I think you are correct about the fence sitters finally climbing down off the fence en masse, but still the rage and bemoaning of every possible thing, be it comment, interview, etc; does grate. He is not here to provide likeable sound bites, he is here to manage the football team (currently badly) and it is that, not his (well known) cheesy comments, that I feel he should be judged on.

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think you are correct about the fence sitters finally climbing down off the fence en masse, but still the rage and bemoaning of every possible thing, be it comment, interview, etc; does grate. He is not here to provide likeable sound bites, he is here to manage the football team (currently badly) and it is that, not his (well known) cheesy comments, that I feel he should be judged on.

I can live with his David Brentism's, I don't really care about that and I don't like the personal attacks on him, but I want our manager to at least show that he's 100% committed come rain or shine.  He didn't do that through the difficult summer, or at least he didn't give that impression, this is where I think he lost the majority of supporters.

I hope he does turn it around and he'll save our club £10 million, but at this moment in time it doesn't feel that way.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

A bit of a lengthy riposte, you could just say you still back him, you don't need to justify it, you are entitled to hold that opinion.  I personally think he lost the fence sitters during the summer, it was the straw that broke the camels back.  Rodgers should have just got on with it, but he didn't, and yes we have had some contrition after the transfer window has closed, but a lot of damage was done by himself during the summer.  Don't forget he is paid £10 million a year for a club our size, I think we should expect a lot better from that.

Oh like you said ..I come off the fence,more so in this season's product,so agree to a certain extent.

Being payed £10 mil. Doesn't get you the key to the club's chest of finances.

So club has to carry the responsibility right or wrong of this summer woes.

It's his (lack) preparation of the BBone of the squad ,no matter who was leaving..His desire to rebuild on what he knew he had,and rekindling some style & stealth into the up & coming season.

60 minutes into the season it imploded.

Fair dues one could say,looked ok.

Then the other games were has they say history...

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

He actually keeps on saying the responsibility is mine....He said more times before Christmas,the teams errors are my responsibility to turn around, now & during the season...

And these last few weeks ditto...

Too much over analysing of interviews.

Like all managers, he will support & then shout out their mistakes if they ain't learning...

The rest are explanations..

Either of team situation,

Club situation,

Support from club,

Quality of squad...all which is his right..

He has never denied his responsibility & failure which again he has stated several times...

This idea of twisting and turning is coming from fans wanting blood.

His branch is full of moment in time,

Winners & losers..At the moment he's on a downer,but quite unfair to deny he hasn't taken on responsibility for his failings in getting his ideology & system

over...

He has to my knowledge at least twice  apologised to the fans,but conveniently gets forgotten...

He/any person can't keep saying sorry in various & different ways to appease fans.

Of course he's questioned the squad.

Of course he's questioned the club...

Of course he's questioned individual players..

But how many times (every week) must he say,the responsibility lies at his feet..

We are making more and pushing his actions to the grotesque built on fans lack of expected appeasement...that he has delivered, but turned and twisted to

Lynch-mob effect...

sorry telling me from some quarters that you can tell a man by his words....not if you twist them to fit your groups agenda...and it's happening here.   Fans refusing to believe his spoken word,because it fits their dislike of the guy...

I refuse to join in...FFS get rid of any manager for lack of achievement,but not because one desire to take different perspectives of what he has said or not said..

If wrong I will defer,but point out word for word where he has spoken with forked tongue..

Ok, well if he has admitted it's all his fault then why wont he do the decent thing and leave, if he has taken responsibility for everything you allege he has, then he remains accountable for not addressing the same issues we have week in week out, for well over 18 months now! Its irrelevant what we think or say anyway, he is still here so we have to get behind the team, but please dont defend his atrocious management, actions or comments, thus far of our lovely team.

Sorry lads but we’re going to win tomorrow night. So Brendan won’t be going anywhere. Brendan’s pre-match press conference was really positive. We’ve had a few more days prep following the international break. Brendan apparently took the senior management away to Loch Lomond over the international period. I’ve followed this club long enough to see signs of change and I feel like this is the tuning point of the season. I’m not saying we’re going  to go on a long winning run now and finish comfortably mid-table. This is still going to be a long and tough season but I just feel like we’ll win tomorrow night and we start to slowly move up the table ahead of the WC. 

I’m not pro Brendan btw. I just want to see my club win..I don’t really care who is in charge. It’s just about the badge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Sorry lads but we’re going to win tomorrow night. So Brendan won’t be going anywhere. Brendan’s pre-match press conference was really positive. We’ve had a few more days prep following the international break. Brendan apparently took the senior management away to Loch Lomond over the international period. I’ve followed this club long enough to see signs of change and I feel like this is the tuning point of the season. I’m not saying we’re going  to go on a long winning run now and finish comfortably mid-table. This is still going to be a long and tough season but I just feel like we’ll win tomorrow night and we start to slowly move up the table ahead of the WC. 

I’m not pro Brendan btw. I just want to see my club win..I don’t really care who is in charge. It’s just about the badge!

Well said mate, and hope your right we all need that win.

What's the plan if we lose?

34 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Ok, well if he has admitted it's all his fault then why wont he do the decent thing and leave, if he has taken responsibility for everything you allege he has, then he remains accountable for not addressing the same issues we have week in week out, for well over 18 months now! Its irrelevant what we think or say anyway, he is still here so we have to get behind the team, but please dont defend his atrocious management, actions or comments, thus far of our lovely team.

You didn't read the post..

37 minutes ago, Vazman said:

I don't allege anything..I quote what he 

has recordingly said,over a length of time...I never defended him,I just again quoted "real" statements and not out of context or twisted...

Guest Col city fan

Classic FT nonsense 

Whilst a debate is raging on over what Rodgers might or might not have said, I’ll bring up the table again. 
That’s all you need to know…

7 games, 22 goals conceded. Over 3 a game 

I don’t give a shite what Rodgers is saying. Actions in this case, speak louder than words.

03D6AD6C-BA48-459E-B0CA-1559F4B152A6.png

42 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I don't allege anything..I quote what he 

has recordingly said,over a length of time...I never defended him,I just again quoted "real" statements and not out of context or twisted...

Not doubting you mate, the point is where is the evidence he is addressing / turning this round, having admitted it's all his fault 😂

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

Not doubting you mate, the point is where is the evidence he is addressing / turning this round, having admitted it's all his fault 😂

Do you expect every manager to go into

every little detail...

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Classic FT nonsense 

Whilst a debate is raging on over what Rodgers might or might not have said, I’ll bring up the table again. 
That’s all you need to know…

7 games, 22 goals conceded. Over 3 a game 

I don’t give a shite what Rodgers is saying. Actions in this case, speak louder than words.

03D6AD6C-BA48-459E-B0CA-1559F4B152A6.png

This will be great memory to look at the end of the season....

By the way , this is the best & only argument and judgement on the failing tenur of the Rodgers  insistent ideology.

Plus the lack of returning any decent

performance.

• Like 1

I didn’t think there was any realistic positive outcome to this situation.

it needed a loss to Forest to get Rodgers sacked, but leaving us stranded.

However, now that Wolves have pulled the trigger, let’s get a win tomorrow and Wolves poach our little fella! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1