Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I was Brendan "in" a lot longer than most, but have been on the side of the "outs" since the Southampton game this season. That was the second home game in a row where we failed to beat a very average side after leading the game. It convinced me change was needed. 

We're too easy to play through and have a weak mentality. The kind of collective change that we need is usually only made possible by a change in manager and approach. It's not about individual players, as the team as a unit has been very poor this season.

A great performance tonight and Rodgers deserves to enjoy it and then see whether he can repeat it on Saturday. My instinct is that he can't and the worrying signs were still there. 

I'd happily be proven wrong and hope he makes a success of it - as a successful manager would mean a successful club. He's still standing on the precipice right now for me though. 

Can’t disagree with much of this 

forest were poor and yet created as many decent opportunities as we did. The dreaded Xg was level. 

we would likely be punished by a team who had a better forward 

better intensity of play bit still disjointed defensively infront of the back four, especially on transition.  

In the Percy article, he referenced that the performance and crowd reaction would be taken into consideration, so that is the reason Brendan hot-footed it down the tunnel at the end, after such a resounding score line, had he received a negative reaction it would have been very clear to Top the view of the supporters. 

He still seems to have the support of certain players so not sure if his race is still fully run as yet, but as others have said, this result will mean very little if we don’t follow this up with a decent run of results from this group of very winnable fixtures. 

Can he turn this around, I really don’t know, there has been a lot said over recent months by Rodgers, very negative things about the club, squad, board and even the supporters and I am not sure whether that is repairable.

Whilst he spoke well about Madders and the England situation, his comments about the summer and season so far were still a little whiny and.negative, mentioning the horrific summer. Why not just keep it upbeat and positive something like “we have had a poor start but this is hopefully the kick start to the season, we cannot change what has gone but we can build on this performance and use as a springboard for the rest of the season”

The most important question was whether the players performance was for the fans and owner or genuinely fighting to keep their Manager in his job, guess we will see on Saturday. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It is puzzling after all the things that have gone on - a performance like that does clearly show the players are playing for him. 

I do think the set piece coach seems to be paying off. Last night we looked much more organised in both boxes and you sensed we knew what we were doing.

Yes I felt that was the case too. Maybe that appointment is paying off. I don't think that has anything to do with Rodgers input as clear the usual team didn't know how to sort it. 

The cameras were covering Top's reaction to a couple of the goals. He appeared enthused.

We were all enthused but that shouldn't close our eyes to the fundamental issue that one player is providing the impetus to establish a toehold in each game that comes along - although several others complemented his work. 

Overall confidence is still paper thin and I suspect that the next few games will test how resilient we are to bigger challenges than Forest. They had two v.good chances go begging. Had we not established a strong lead early on then we might have been back in the mire this morning.

Rodgers has had his temporary stay of execution. My fear is that Top lacks the clarity of vision and decisiveness to dismiss him if it becomes obvious that this result is a one off. His subs last night were not made chasing the game or trying to break a deadlock. 

However, there is still the matter of the team retaining its pivotal players. Should Maddison go then its difficult to envisage the individuals who can take control of a game in his place.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I was Brendan "in" a lot longer than most, but have been on the side of the "outs" since the Southampton game this season. That was the second home game in a row where we failed to beat a very average side after leading the game. It convinced me change was needed. 

We're too easy to play through and have a weak mentality. The kind of collective change that we need is usually only made possible by a change in manager and approach. It's not about individual players, as the team as a unit has been very poor this season.

A great performance tonight and Rodgers deserves to enjoy it and then see whether he can repeat it on Saturday. My instinct is that he can't and the worrying signs were still there. 

I'd happily be proven wrong and hope he makes a success of it - as a successful manager would mean a successful club. He's still standing on the precipice right now for me though. 

Think I’ve been the only 100% up the Rodger’s more than anyone, I deserve a medal or raise.

Edited by Simoken

24 minutes ago, gerblod said:

The cameras were covering Top's reaction to a couple of the goals. He appeared enthused.

We were all enthused but that shouldn't close our eyes to the fundamental issue that one player is providing the impetus to establish a toehold in each game that comes along - although several others complemented his work. 

Overall confidence is still paper thin and I suspect that the next few games will test how resilient we are to bigger challenges than Forest. They had two v.good chances go begging. Had we not established a strong lead early on then we might have been back in the mire this morning.

Rodgers has had his temporary stay of execution. My fear is that Top lacks the clarity of vision and decisiveness to dismiss him if it becomes obvious that this result is a one off. His subs last night were not made chasing the game or trying to break a deadlock. 

However, there is still the matter of the team retaining its pivotal players. Should Maddison go then its difficult to envisage the individuals who can take control of a game in his place.

Top looked pleased...Rudkin on the other hand had a face like a smacked arse, looked like he was disappointed with the goals/win which ultimately keeps Rodgers in a job for longer! 

*all speculation of course, but that's how it looked!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, gerblod said:

How many times have we said that about different players though? Mahrez? Tielemans (when at his best)? Someone else always steps up. 

36 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He’s able to beat Championship sides. We saw it last season and we saw it yesterday. I’d prefer to cut our losses and start with a new manager. Let’s see what Saturday holds then

Not in the manner we saw it last night though. Last night was probably our best performance in a year.

I agree lets see what Saturday holds, as Forest are/were poor, but can't take anything away from last night as we played quick faster football and looked really up for it.

• Like 1

I fear we will be ripped apart again soon.  There is a need for a fresh managerial eye.

Carragher did a piece of  our defending and the space we allow other teams.   It's  basic stuff.   I don't like Carragher but he had a point and he didn't spit once during that particular piece.

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I do think the set piece coach seems to be paying off. Last night we looked much more organised in both boxes and you sensed we knew what we were doing.

Faes is making a hell of a difference. He's focused, aggressive, mobile, decisive and appears relaxed. In short, he's taken control of his rôle in the team. Whether Rodgers will eat away at his confidence is the question. Söyüncü was also all those things at one point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimmer said:

Top looked pleased...Rudkin on the other hand had a face like a smacked arse, looked like he was disappointed with the goals/win which ultimately keeps Rodgers in a job for longer! 

*all speculation of course, but that's how it looked!

Didn't break a grin did he. Absolutely stone faced. He knows that this was no real test. Down to Madder's brilliance and Faes's confidence and ability. Had we acted two seasons ago to nab someone like Faes, instead of ignoring central defence then we might not have been in this situation.

I think they won because they established a strong early lead and were able to allow themselves to flow. When you're four up it's not really important what the manager does. 

If we are being honest, if that was Dyche’s or Franks first game we would be jumping with joy saying corner turned and it’s a great new manager bounce. 

For now, it means that Brendan definitely gets to at least the World Cup. Got to exploit these next fixtures, and a win against Bournemouth ‘could’ get us out of the bottom 3 ( assuming Man City and Chelsea spank Southampton and Wolves). 

Assuming we do ok next few games, be interesting to know what happens next. Jannick and Cags don’t make squads anymore, so do we clear out to find Feas v2. Evans worries me. And does Brendan get his winger?

That’s more like it, but I won’t be convinced until we produce a winning run. We have been underperforming for a while. We definitely have the players to finish in the Top 7 or better.

When we are on song we are a joy to watch. That performance was much better, I don’t expect us to win every week but the desire and aggression on and off the ball was there for the first time in a while.

• Like 2