Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m with you. He hasn’t done enough yet for me to suggest he would be the right man for the job. I think he’s a cracking manager, but he still has a bit more to prove. 

I think it will depend if he stops at Brighton this season and where they finish. If they finish around 15th to 17th then he hasn’t really progressed them. But if he gets them top half then he’ll be considered for other jobs. 

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I don’t get the appeal of Potter. Don’t get me wrong he’s started this season well but I’d be disappointed if he replaces Rodgers if/when he leaves. There are a lot better options than him. 

Agree totally..

Though I just don't understand this nonsense written over Rodgers..

Just goes to show, some weird fans

Running around our Shire,on the pretence of being understanding knowledgable football fans..

I mean I am the biggest dip-stick in the

World...but Jesus..

The theme in this single topic..

I can't even blame Covid, or putting it on the  boogie..

18 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I don’t get the appeal of Potter. Don’t get me wrong he’s started this season well but I’d be disappointed if he replaces Rodgers if/when he leaves. There are a lot better options than him. 

Potter would be a ridiculous choice IMHO . I can’t believe people are serious about wanting him here 

Edited by surrifox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean2000 said:

It's an interesting thought. Since being here, Leicester have finished fifth twice and won the FA Cup. I wonder what else Rodgers might think is required to finish the project?

....I would probably say he is hitting the minimum of what would have been agreed prior to his appointment!!!

His remit I would have thought would have been to: get this club into the top 6, develop a structure in respect of the footballing side, in a way that allows for continuity of style and a program where the students are continually pushed at various development stages and not allowed to stagnate. The investment into infrastructure will continue and the available funds will be at your disposal with a £40m budget. Anymore funds will have to be made from sales of existing players. We foresee all the off-field business to take 5 years and the new training facility should be available to be opened in 2020.

Obviously that is speculation, but I would believe a very similar conversation would have been had between the two parties.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m with you. He hasn’t done enough yet for me to suggest he would be the right man for the job. I think he’s a cracking manager, but he still has a bit more to prove. 

I agree...

But that's the challenge...getting a manager like Rodgers who wants to compete & willing not to dive in looking for excuses, but willing to take the nonsense flak, when the team takes a turn for the worse..faces up & said  it's my job..to sort it out..we are where we are, and to move into the positive,see where we must go..

People criticising, one moment he his stubborn, the others he tinkers & changes,then others he keeps too long to his own players...

I mean fellas, you all think he's doing everything wrong,but none of you can agree on what it is..!!:frantics:

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

Sorry guys but where,

- Our club owner ranked 10th on the richest EPL list

- Our players total values worth 7th on the EPL list

But Brendan Rogers is the 3rd highest paid  football manager in the EPL at the moment,

Of course I do and always will make him accountable and I don't give a s*it if some people are not agree with this

I don’t think this is true anymore, recently both Solskjaer and Tunchel have signed new contracts. I would be surprised if they are not both ahead of Rodgers now.

Did I really read the words "player unrest at Leicester City"? Seriously, I've had a torrid four days with a very bad cold. Maybe it was BBC Red Button.

I did a search with that wording and the names Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel came up :D. Then I added the BR bit. Daily Record had an article about BR "excited" by the "challenge of turning it round" at Leicester. 

"Excited" is a strange and inappropriate word for fixing this patch of form. 

Is it just wisps of smoke or a proper fire?

9 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Rodgers linked with Newcastle and some of the players linked with them as well. Looks like the Saudis bought the wrong club. LOL

Not surprising. There's no way any players will leave the Greedy 6 clubs for Newcastle at this point in their development so it would be a good strategy for them to target the best managers and players outside of that 6. That places us in real danger, I think. 

16 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not surprising. There's no way any players will leave the Greedy 6 clubs for Newcastle at this point in their development so it would be a good strategy for them to target the best managers and players outside of that 6. That places us in real danger, I think. 

Exactly this, Newcastle have nothing behind them at this time other than bags of money. There needs to be a strategic plan in place before they even begin to start throwing money around.

It took Man City a few years to get themselves where they wanted to be, and Newcastle will be facing a lot more turbulence until then even get close to challenging for a title.

Rodgers for me is one of the best coaches out there as long as he has all the players at his disposal. I think of him as that mate that would happily sit for an hour on Chapman before each game fine tuning training and team instructions, but of course they had their flaws

Imagine you've got a bit of a selection headache and you've nipped out for your paper round.

Brendan's come around and you've asked him to navigate you through a few games with Bakircioglü, Collins, Touma, Collymore, Zlatin, Kallstrom, Etherington and Sigporrson all injured or suspended.

"don't worry, I've got this" Brendan says. 

After disintegrating 15 Sunday Times through thin letter boxes you return to find Brendan on a 5 game losing streak.

You politely ask him why he's playing the exact same team formation and instructions with Phil Gilchrist on the left and Impey on the right. He tells you he's convinced this will get the best out of Fenton upfront.

You politely ask him to leave and revert straight back to a default 4-4-2 with the average to **** players and instantly get back to winning ways. Your star players start returning but you can't remember how to set it all up so Brendan then returns the next week and this time you return to goals galore and a hot streak. 

You say to Brendan "what happened last week?" but he doesn't listen, he's changed commentary speed to slow and he's busy taking notes in his notepad. You have a quick glance and you sure you see Fenton and Gilchrist scribbled down... You note they're on the subs bench.. You ask Brendan why he's chose to have Gilchrist and Fenton on the bench over perhaps Guppy and Heskey... He mutters something about "I'm sure I can make it work" 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Rodgers definitely better than Potter. Having said that, Potter is working with Neal Maupay and Danny Welbeck whilst Rodgers got Vardy and Iheanacho. Levels to this. Potter is working with pub players compared to what we got here. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Koke said:

Rodgers definitely better than Potter. Having said that, Potter is working with Neal Maupay and Danny Welbeck whilst Rodgers got Vardy and Iheanacho. Levels to this. Potter is working with pub players compared to what we got here. 

Comparison of player is a very good point. I like Potter, think he's done a decent job at Brighton, and would be a choice for me if Rodgers was to leave. 

Be interesting to see how Brighton get on this season, I think anywhere in the top 10 would be a good season for them.

• Like 2

In all honesty, if he was to walk I’d be tempted to just Chuck it in for a bit……. I don’t buy the sentiment that Newcastle are now a far superior club to us, because they really aren’t.

I’d be proper, proper pissed off it he left. Games dying as we all know it, but it would be nice to think there’s a shred of decency left in it.  

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Comparison of player is a very good point. I like Potter, think he's done a decent job at Brighton, and would be a choice for me if Rodgers was to leave. 

Be interesting to see how Brighton get on this season, I think anywhere in the top 10 would be a good season for them.

I agree, I think many on here are being a little unkind to Potter. He's done well at all the clubs he's been at so he's clearly a good Coach and Manager.

I like to separate the two Coach and Manager as I think Brendan is an excellent Coach but I'm still not convinced of him as a Manager.

If Potter could keep them in the top ten that would be a fantastic achievement and boost his ratings further.

• Like 1