Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Not in the manner we saw it last night though. Last night was probably our best performance in a year.

I agree lets see what Saturday holds, as Forest are/were poor, but can't take anything away from last night as we played quick faster football and looked really up for it.

We weren’t tested defensively against Forest, and we still managed to look shakey, and therein lies our problem. Against Premier League opposition we struggle massively.

If we revert to our previous form, and Top continues to foist Rodgers upon us, then this victory will only further threaten our Premier League status.

If there’s some turn around and he keeps us up then I’m all for it. But I can’t get too excited about beating crisis-riddled Championship opponents while seeing little to suggest we have strengthen our weaknesses.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

No Bournemouth pre match thread yet? An unpopular opinion maybe but should he drop Evans for Cags? Evans positioning was dreadful when Awoniyi hit the post earlier in the game. I'm not saying that Cags will fix our defensive problems magically but Evans looked very shaky at times yesterday. Maybe shaky is not the right word, he was out of position a few times. 

He's not featured all season why on earth would Rodgers out of the blue stick Cags in?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shane said:

Would be classic Brendan to make ‘tactical’ changes after a 4-0 win. Hopefully he doesn’t do anything bizarre for the Bournemouth game like switching to a back 3. 

He won't - it will be the exact same team again, barring injuries. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tuna said:

He's not featured all season why on earth would Rodgers out of the blue stick Cags in?

Always keep your enemies guessing?

It's bizarre what's happening. Cags somehow wasn't ready for Puel and then Brendan came and helped him become the best defender in the Premier League, and we brought in Under supposedly so Cags wouldn't want to hop off to Barca. Brendan poorly used Under, left him to rot on the bench, played Cags until his form and confidence were completely shot and then refused to include him in the match day squads. We refuse a Turkish loan for him and Cags agrees to a free transfer to Atletico Madrid.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, RobHawk said:

He should really have gone before last night, I think we can all agree to that. 

However after last night he gets another game, beat Bournemouth and the recovery is on. Lose to Bournemouth and we are back where we were before last night. 

The players are still playing for him tbf and it will be interesting to see what that shot of confidence can do. We weren't solid defensively last night but a clean sheet gave us something to build on. 

I hope for the sake of our club that this is a turning point and we can go win 4 or 5 in a row and get our season kick started but only time will tell. 

A poor defeat and we will all be calling for his head again. 

...there was no guarantee that he was about to be pushed anytime soon!!!

We all hoped it would happen but someone else was more convinced that he could pull it around and they will be feeling very vindicated right now. The players turned up and you don't know if it was down to the occasion or the players are actually backing him.

I have no idea what what Top is thinking, we will find out somewhere down the line, not soon enough for my liking.

11 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It's bizarre what's happening. Cags somehow wasn't ready for Puel and then Brendan came and helped him become the best defender in the Premier League, and we brought in Under supposedly so Cags wouldn't want to hop off to Barca. Brendan poorly used Under, left him to rot on the bench, played Cags until his form and confidence were completely shot and then refused to include him in the match day squads. We refuse a Turkish loan for him and Cags agrees to a free transfer to Real Madrid.

Ünder was poorly used, but I doubt he was brought in to placate Söyüncü - these are professional journeymen after all and are used to the comings and goings of players.

I thought Rodgers was a good man-manager. Now I believe he does what's best for Brendan Rodgers. I think he creates scenarios in his head, which prejudices his objectivity. Ünder tried his damned hardest whereas Perez was often missing in games. But Rodgers has his favourites. The great managers try to empathise with their players or make themselves leaders who players will follow by example. Rodgers' ego prevents him from doing that.

The honeymoon period went well for him but the marriage was rocky. Now I'm just hoping and waiting for the divorce.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Ünder was poorly used, but I doubt he was brought in to placate Söyüncü - these are professional journeymen after all and are used to the comings and goings of players.

I thought Rodgers was a good man-manager. Now I believe he does what's best for Brendan Rodgers. I think he creates scenarios in his head, which prejudices his objectivity. Ünder tried his damned hardest whereas Perez was often missing in games. But Rodgers has his favourites. The great managers try to empathise with their players or make themselves leaders who players will follow by example. Rodgers' ego prevents him from doing that.

The honeymoon period went well for him but the marriage was rocky. Now I'm just hoping and waiting for the divorce.

From reading all that waffle you pretty much create scenarios yourself. I assume you have the ability to read minds from a distance.

23 hours ago, Dames said:

I always feel it's the last roll of the dice for Rodgers, he never ever likes us being aggressive or on the front foot (despite what he says). He's always happiest when we are patient in possession and recycling the ball well. 

We'll get another performance or two like this and when he feels he's safe he'll revert back to his usual style, it's happened so many times over the past few years.

This happened at various stages of his time here when he's started to come under pressure. It's really odd given he's got the best record as a Leicester manager at getting his teams to score 4+ goals in a game especially at the highest level and other than his first year or so here, he's seldom been able to set us up solidly at the back. So why he then seems to advocate conservative and controlled football in an attempt to win games and be successful is beyond me.

OK its frustrating being involved in basketball type games at times but you only have to look at hoe bad we are at shutting matches down or taking the control he so badly craves with thr amount of games we lose from winning positions.

42 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Did you just claim he created scenarios in his head - and then create a scenario in your head 😂 

10 hours ago, CloudFox said:

He said we had a "horrendous summer" in the post-match chat with the MNF lot last night. Guessing he was referring to the lack of transfers...? As pre-season was okay I thought...

yea seen that said the season started today (Monday) so there must be have been talks with board and players as we looked a diff team albeit against relegation fodder but we did look different in the approach and style.

16 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Isn't Cags training with the team? If Evans is injured (and Amartey 😀) who is going to play as CB? Me? 

16 hours ago, don_danbury said:

vestagaard

Fear Of The Fox - Clean your boots, you’re on!!

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

This happened at various stages of his time here when he's started to come under pressure. It's really odd given he's got the best record as a Leicester manager at getting his teams to score 4+ goals in a game especially at the highest level and other than his first year or so here, he's seldom been able to set us up solidly at the back. So why he then seems to advocate conservative and controlled football in an attempt to win games and be successful is beyond me.

OK its frustrating being involved in basketball type games at times but you only have to look at hoe bad we are at shutting matches down or taking the control he so badly craves with thr amount of games we lose from winning positions.

Its maddening from our perspective as fans but the only reason I think he advocates the football he does is because he has absolute belief in it coming good. 

This is where his ego and pragmatism collide, he can be pragmatic when he absolutely needs to be to get the most out of the players we have but it just never lasts long enough. We are teased with aggressive front foot football only to have it snatched away and that's one of the big reasons I struggle to get behind him. He's more than capable of setting the team up to their strengths but his devotion to his perception of how football is meant to be played is a huge huge weakness and not one he is likely to overcome. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Did you just claim he created scenarios in his head - and then create a scenario in your head 😂

Aren't you the clever one? Dorothy Parker would be envious of such a wit.

I recall that you blithely dismissed my suggestion that Adams Traoré might be an option for City on the right.

Good enough to go on loan to Barca and get into the Spanish national squad, but not good enough for City. You certainly know your football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, gerblod said:

Aren't you the clever one? Dorothy Parker would be envious of such a wit.

I recall that you blithely dismissed my suggestion that Adams Traoré might be an option for City on the right.

Good enough to go on loan to Barca and get into the Spanish national squad, but not good enough for City. You certainly know your football.

I have no idea who Dorothy Parker is, but I’ll take it as a compliment. I would also stand by any comment I may have made about Traore - have a look at his PL stats, he has less goals and assist than Perez in more games. He might be big and quick but would be the most infuriating player to play in the league. Just my opinion, and that’s what football is about. 

23 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Always keep your enemies guessing?

It's bizarre what's happening. Cags somehow wasn't ready for Puel and then Brendan came and helped him become the best defender in the Premier League, and we brought in Under supposedly so Cags wouldn't want to hop off to Barca. Brendan poorly used Under, left him to rot on the bench, played Cags until his form and confidence were completely shot and then refused to include him in the match day squads. We refuse a Turkish loan for him and Cags agrees to a free transfer to Atletico Madrid.

Your conveniently forgetting Cags injury, return & knocks,then with team

Trying to find form..

10 hours ago, Dames said:

Its maddening from our perspective as fans but the only reason I think he advocates the football he does is because he has absolute belief in it coming good. 

This is where his ego and pragmatism collide, he can be pragmatic when he absolutely needs to be to get the most out of the players we have but it just never lasts long enough. We are teased with aggressive front foot football only to have it snatched away and that's one of the big reasons I struggle to get behind him. He's more than capable of setting the team up to their strengths but his devotion to his perception of how football is meant to be played is a huge huge weakness and not one he is likely to overcome

5th, 5th, FA Cup,  Invincible Scottish Treble, double treble, Liverpool closest they came to winning the PL before Klopp, Swansea promoted to and kept in the Premier League

Doesn't sound like that much of a weakness to me.

His transfers and man management, yes.

But his style of play? No

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guest454545 said:

5th, 5th, FA Cup,  Invincible Scottish Treble, double treble, Liverpool closest they came to winning the PL before Klopp, Swansea promoted to and kept in the Premier League

Doesn't sound like that much of a weakness to me.

His transfers and man management, yes.

But his style of play? No

How about being a complete arrogant little cvnt....is that a weakness? Or a strength?