Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Seems strange to say it but we still managed to look very ropey in a 4-0 win. If that big chance where they hit the post goes in and they then park the bus I think we end up losing and Rodgers gets the boot.

In time, that may have been the best long term outcome for the club. Ithink we're in big trouble if he stays for much longer. 

• Like 2

Sustaining success over time is extremely hard and very few managers manage it. It’s silly to deny Rodgers’ track record but obviously things have got really bad this season so it’s going to have to take a big change of form, but if he stays and it does change then all credit to him.

Edited by Mr Weller 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Seems strange to say it but we still managed to look very ropey in a 4-0 win. If that big chance where they hit the post goes in and they then park the bus I think we end up losing and Rodgers gets the boot.

In time, that may have been the best long term outcome for the club. Ithink we're in big trouble if he stays for much longer. 

The best long term outcome for the club is if we get some true supporters who can take the rough with the smooth. 

4 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

The best long term outcome for the club is if we get some true supporters who can take the rough with the smooth. 

You’re right, it’s been difficult for me to get used to the fact that our glory days, at least for now, is over. A prime Vardy, having a class goalkeeper for so many years, 2016, FA, ahh great memories.

I do wonder how much that performance from the players was for the Fans and Top rather than the Manager.  Given the intense pressure he was under and the media stories that his job was on the line, at no point did any of the players go over to celebrate with Rodgers when we scored. 

Also the way we played especially in the 1st half seemed to be with more intensity and attacking intent, we still played football but moved the ball a lot quicker, very similar to the 1st 12 months under Rodgers. I did feel in the 2nd half we reverted to a more controlling style again. 

I feel the players look happiest when playing high intensity and looking to forward with purpose, what this season has shown me is the players look almost frustrated and constrained by our slow, patient, possession based game plan. 

If we revert back to that at the weekend I would not be surprised to see Rodgers relieved of his duties in the very near future. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I have no idea who Dorothy Parker is, but I’ll take it as a compliment. I would also stand by any comment I may have made about Traore - have a look at his PL stats, he has less goals and assist than Perez in more games. He might be big and quick but would be the most infuriating player to play in the league. Just my opinion, and that’s what football is about. 

It's true, you wouldn't have heard of her. As soon as I'd posted the comment I thought that. Look her up - enlighten yourself. Take it as a compliment if you will, if you're that desperate for validation :rolleyes:.

Still, you can BR pleased - you've found a like mind in 'Simoken'. Find his relevant post and give him a 'Like' or a 'Thanks' - should make his day. Might be the start of a wonderful friendship.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yeah they actually had better chances than us. Do worry what it would have been like if Awoniyi didn’t hit the post at 0-0 and instead put them ahead 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Guest454545 said:

5th, should have been top 4

5th, ditto 

FA Cup,  thanks to the goals of Ihenacho who he has no good word for

Invincible Scottish Treble, double treble, no Rangers

Liverpool closest they came to winning the PL before Klopp, threw it away with poor defending in high pressure games 

Swansea promoted to and kept in the Premier League Agreed 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

If we revert back to that at the weekend I would not be surprised to see Rodgers relieved of his duties in the very near future. 

I would be very surprised quite honestly.

Despite recent results, Top obviously still sees something in BR at the moment that his critics on here don't see and as a result, I think it will take a lot more to convince Top that he has to go - particularly after Monday night

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Yeah they actually had better chances than us. Do worry what it would have been like if Awoniyi didn’t hit the post at 0-0 and instead put them ahead 

Awoniyi offside chance at the start of the 2nd half will count towards that though plus the Gibbs-White chance at the end.

The only real opening they had when the game was in the balance was Awoniyi hitting the post and we could've be 2 or 3 up by then. 

12 hours ago, Guest454545 said:

5th, 5th, FA Cup,  Invincible Scottish Treble, double treble, Liverpool closest they came to winning the PL before Klopp, Swansea promoted to and kept in the Premier League

Doesn't sound like that much of a weakness to me.

His transfers and man management, yes.

But his style of play? No

The two 5th place finishes should have been higher and the league collapse each season was very much down to his tactics and conservative style of play.

The Scottish League had 0 competition, Garfield could have won all that with Celtic at the time. Many Celtic fans raised the same issues with his tactics and style when it came to European games. With Liverpool look at the season after, he failed to capitalise and the same issues we've had they had before.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Ah this age old argument. We should be totally completely and utterly loyal to the club and every decision it makes.

Whether you like it or not, people that don't always agree with the club still want what's best for it.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Bit harsh that! At the risk of being a cliché I was there during the tough times too and I don't really want to see them return, after the success we've had can't face watching us lose 0-1 to Rotherham in the cold with a team of overpaid journeymen in the coming years.

5 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Christ, that says it all doesn't it. 4-0 absolutely flattered us, and Forest are easily the worst defence we'll play against all season. Worried about the next few games when we play teams that aren't in total disarray.

14 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Can say that about most football matches in terms of them getting a chance early on. We were well on top and that would have been completely undeserved. 

5 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Lies, damn lies and statistics.. 

Midway through the second half we'd had something like 15 shots and 7 on target versus Forest who'd had 3/0. Of course the "hit the post" effort wasn't counted as a "shot on target", but was the real turning point of the game. Another Forest effort would have been offside if it had been scored. 

We were comfortably the better side and deserved the win, but admittedly that doesn't detract from the obvious deficiencies that are still present in our defence. We clearly haven't fixed those in one game and that's the real worry that will only disappear after a run of positive results and competent defending.  

It will be interesting to see how Top treats the result on Forest. I think he was on the brink and defeat against them would've led to him being sacked. We won and I think (unfortunately) that buys him another 4-5 disastrous results. We will collapse again. We will be embarrassed again.  We will not be able to defend. We will be tactically inept. We will play players either into exhaustion or injury. This wont change because we beat Forest - there were far too many questionable moments during that game against a pretty poor side. Great win - they all are but let's not pretend we've fixed two years worth of problems in 90 minutes. 

I just hope I am wrong and the next embarrassment does lead to the removal of Rodgers. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dames said:

The two 5th place finishes should have been higher and the league collapse each season was very much down to his tactics and conservative style of play.

The Scottish League had 0 competition, Garfield could have won all that with Celtic at the time. Many Celtic fans raised the same issues with his tactics and style when it came to European games. With Liverpool look at the season after, he failed to capitalise and the same issues we've had they had before.

The bolded is not logical. If his style of play was responsible for the collapse, then it was also responsible for being in that position is the first place.

"Garfield could have won all that with Celtic at the time"

Interesting, because Lenny didn't. He let Rangers break the 10

End of season collapses are about mentality, not tactics. So as I said, you can criticise his man management. But his style of play has improved teams everywhere he went since Swansea. 

• Like 1