Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

22 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Arsenal in 2019 and Spurs when Mourinho left I guess?

Maybe I could have left”, Brendan?

Maybe you should **** off?

I jest. Bournemouth will be the rebirth.

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

And here he is again chatting shit. Couldn’t even let us ride out Monday’s high could he. His big mouth is what will cost him a ‘top job’

How has that stopped your enjoyment of Monday's win? 

• Like 3

Arsenal were in a mess conceding so many goals and having players getting red card so often. Don't think Brendan had the balls to rebuild Arsenal.....their fans were very vocal if any manager was failing, and Brendan knew this so he cleverly opted for his salary to be doubled to 10m

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, MattFox said:

To play devil’s advocate, and give him benefit of the doubt, maybe he’s trying to say to a few fans that question his loyalty that he’s committed to the club?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

I’d say when the going gets tough he bottles it. Not just here but also at Liverpool. 

Liverpool was not a bottle though was it, it's remembered for "this does not slip" and the Palace collapse. Two games. They were no way near expected to compete that season, went on a run of 16 games unbeaten, from 5th. They over exceeded themselves as an attacking team scoring 100+ but conceeding 50+. It was a big achievement for him/them, but an inevitable loss (we conceeded 38 goals when we won the league.)

It's easy to throw the bottle around, but when it comes to winning, say an FA Cup or Community Shield, we're just lucky? Why didn't he/we bottle them? Can't just pick and choose when we're bottlers, or perhaps Chelsea/Tuchel who won the CL the year before out bottled us... 

When the going gets tough you get tough results. Nothing to do with 'bottling it'.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pedmcl said:

To play devil’s advocate, and give him benefit of the doubt, maybe he’s trying to say to a few fans that question his loyalty that he’s committed to the club?  

...I do not think people are questioning his loyalty, just his ability to do his job!!!

Just going by your forum name, are you by any chance @pmcla second account, as he has been seen for a while?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

Liverpool was not a bottle though was it, it's remembered for "this does not slip" and the Palace collapse. Two games. They were no way near expected to compete that season, went on a run of 16 games unbeaten, from 5th. They over exceeded themselves as an attacking team scoring 100+ but conceeding 50+. It was a big achievement for him/them, but an inevitable loss (we conceeded 38 goals when we won the league.)

It's easy to throw the bottle around, but when it comes to winning, say an FA Cup or Community Shield, we're just lucky? Why didn't he/we bottle them? Can't just pick and choose when we're bottlers, or perhaps Chelsea/Tuchel who won the CL the year before out bottled us... 

When the going gets tough you get tough results. Nothing to do with 'bottling it'.

We bottled 2 seasons when we were 10+ points clear of 5th with 4 or 5 games to go. Liverpool were 2 or 3 nil up at palace going into the second half and ended up drawing when the win was there. I know it doesn’t suit the majority of the narrative but Rodgers bottles it when the going gets tough. If this was a foreign manager the media would be heavily criticising him. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

First and foremost, this is a forum, people need to feel free in expressing their views. 

I think the truth should be spoken, rather than labelling people positive or negative. The truth of course can be twisted, and I also get some people don't like looking at xG as a barometer. 

But the truth is, we are 19th, with 4 points from 8 games. Our xG under Rodgers seems to be getting lower and lower, season after season...

We can go over again all the good stuff and bad stuff in the past - but the here and now, is this season so far, we have been way off. 

There are negatives and positives for what has happened under him, people shouldn't be expected to leave out all the bad stuff, because of one positive in a pretty poor period under his management. 

Like I said before, lets see what happens over the next 3-4 weeks. Of course, everyone wants us to do well, even if they don't like the manager. I don't think I will ever be a Rodgers fan, but I don't care so much, if we are doing really well. 

I've been as critical of Rodgers handling this season as I have any manager in a long time. I think him coming out stating he wanted a rebuild was such a mad move on so many levels and even without the prior knowledge of lack of funds helped absolutely no one including himself. 

The positive is he has more than enough players who do believe in him and do see the positive side of his man management. The bad side is he has alienated players so much and unnecessarily. We've actually needed these players and when it's come to it they've obviously not put in the levels we need. 

There's a lot for him to answer for for a the past year and his PR bullshit annoys me more than any manager we've ever had. But his comments this week have shown a lot of humility for change and a genuine acknowledgement of the importance of the forest fixture and that they've let us down. 

It's a start. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, John12345 said:

I'm a bit brighter on relegation. After Monday, I kind of think this team are good enough to stay up , hopefully borne out by another clear win against Bournemouth, fingers crossed.

And if Rodgers doesn't turn it around someone else will. Most likely someone solid with an initial short term remit. Rafa and Dyche are thr obvious names.

The board won't be that stupid to wait for 10 games to go...

I see absolutely no evidence to support that statement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pedmcl said:

He only stayed for the money and big fat contract. Only his media luvvies might fall for that load of old bollocks. The majority of people see straight through him, what a conceited little nob.

• Like 3

Please Rodgers keep the mouth closed, there is no need to tell us that you could of left for 2 clubs, is he searching for praise, or should we bow down and thank him, his famous humility knows no bounds.  It is like telling your missus that you could have had coitus with two other women, but you turned them down to stay with her, you'd probably get a smack in the mouth and a knee in the crown jewels for being such an arrogant a**s wipe.

Rodgers just get your head down and keep your mouth closed, get some positive results, then you might start repairing the relationship with some of the fans.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MattFox said:

So loyal.

As I said the other day, a man true to his word, honesty and integrity…

Truly lucky to have him.

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

It does also depend on how the question was put to him by Tanner ??

I accept that he didn’t have to make this public and he hasn’t told the whole story because 

a) having the chance doesn’t mean you’ve actually got the job

b) we upped his package substantially on the arsenal enquiry 

add in the fact that this means the club were approached for his services on at least on one occasion. That means his agent gave (at least arsenal) the ok that he was interested. He used that situation to improve his remuneration (don’t blame him). I’m not sure why he knocked back the second enquiry but then we don’t who that was from (could have been newcastle )

• Like 2

I'd like to know the source, circumstances and time of that quote. When did he say this? If it was after the Forest win then I want to understand his motivation for saying it, because it's a bit wtf?  

If it was before, when he was sulking and shouting 'not my fault' to all that would listen then I am at least a little more understanding.

I'm never going to like the guy (his recent references to Madison's hair and bags speaks volumes; further indicating what kind of person he is) BUT if he can get the team playing well and getting results then it matters not a toss to me whether I like him or not.

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That means his agent gave (at least arsenal) the ok that he was interested. He used that situation to improve his remuneration (don’t blame him).

Agreed. This could be him spinning his self-interest as loyalty. 

I mean, we all get chances in life which we could take (or could have taken) but there's invariably a myriad of reasons why we don't. Loyalty might be the reason, play a bit part or have sod all to do with it.

I've refused a job because I didn't fancy the commute. That had sod all to do with the job I had at the time nor (and this is the salient point) my desire to leave. My staying had nothing to with loyalty.

Edited by taupe

9 minutes ago, taupe said:

Agreed. This could be him spinning his self-interest as loyalty. 

I mean, we all get chances in life which we could take (or could have taken) but there's invariably a myriad of reasons why we don't. Loyalty might be the reason, play a bit part or have sod all to do with it.

I've refused a job because I didn't fancy the commute. That had sod all to do with the job I had at the time nor (and this is the salient point) my desire to leave. My staying had nothing to with loyalty.

Do we know what tanner asked him 

eg

‘are your surprised by the loyalty the club has shown you by giving you longer to turn this around’ ??

if the question is framed with loyalty in it then would be no surprise for Rodgers to use the word in his reply 

Edited by st albans fox