Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

His ego is through the roof yet again! I hope we still get rid.

Brendan Rodgers reveals he could have left #LCFC on two previous occasions. Arsenal and Newcastle are believed to have been the clubs who were considering him for their vacancies.

Edited by Happy Fox
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do we know what tanner asked him 

eg

‘are your surprised by the loyalty the club has shown you by giving you longer to turn this around’ ??

if the question is framed with loyalty in it then would be no surprise for Rodgers to use the word in his reply 

...and Brendan, will you be changing your name to Waddock Hunt?

Well done Brendan, your loyalty to Leicester is admirable, blah, blah, blah, (tongue in cheek, 4th best paid manager, etc etc), now prove your worth, get ALL the players firing on all Cylinders, get out there and win matches, if you do that, I couldn't care less what sh%#e you come out with, just do what your paid well to do, manage, coach, train, prepare and win matches, playing to our strengths. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Brendan Rodgers reveals he could have left #LCFC on two previous occasions. Arsenal and Newcastle are believed to have been the clubs who were considering him for their vacancies.

He is just a genuinely horrendous bloke isn’t he 😂

The absolute audacity, ignorance, arrogance of this bloke just gets bigger every single week. 

• Like 1

I wonder how self aware he is. A normal person would go "oh, that was a weird thing to say" and probably be cringing at themselves for a while. He does it everytime he opens his gob and genuinely seems to believe everything he's saying is normal and being lapped up (which he can be forgiven for considering how far us his 'arris the media seem to be).

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

You win 4-0 against your local rivals, then come out and say ‘You better like me, I could have left for Arsenal.’

Take your ego and go. 

He was asked a follow up question when he was talking about his support from the club

https://talksport.com/football/1212963/brendan-rodgers-leicester-arsenal-newcastle/

When asked about his support from Srivaddhanaprabha, who is also known as Khun Top, Rodgers said: “I don’t need it. I really don’t.

“I spoke to Top before the game but he has been over for other games when we have been losing. He and his family and the other staff here have always been super supportive of me.

“They understand the challenges we’ve had over the summer. They understand the difficulties and where I’m coming from.

“But they know they have total respect from me so I don’t need Top or anyone to sit me down. They trust I can do the job.

“They know my loyalty to here because I stayed when maybe I could have left.

“But that doesn’t mean they owe me anything. I want to do it for the club, the fans, the supporters and they trust me to do that. And if I don’t they’ll tell me.”

Asked directly when it was he had the opportunity to leave, Rodgers said: “It’s a different story. Twice.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He was asked a follow up question when he was talking about his support from the club

https://talksport.com/football/1212963/brendan-rodgers-leicester-arsenal-newcastle/

When asked about his support from Srivaddhanaprabha, who is also known as Khun Top, Rodgers said: “I don’t need it. I really don’t.

“I spoke to Top before the game but he has been over for other games when we have been losing. He and his family and the other staff here have always been super supportive of me.

“They understand the challenges we’ve had over the summer. They understand the difficulties and where I’m coming from.

“But they know they have total respect from me so I don’t need Top or anyone to sit me down. They trust I can do the job.

“But that doesn’t mean they owe me anything. I want to do it for the club, the fans, the supporters and they trust me to do that. And if I don’t they’ll tell me.”

Asked directly when it was he had the opportunity to leave, Rodgers said: “It’s a different story. Twice.”

I genuinely think, he believes he’s done us a favour. Arsenal granted are a big club, but he’d have had a task on his hands at Newcastle. Inheriting a poor squad and not being very good in the transfer market.

He’d have had a lot of expectation placed on him at Arsenal, unlike here where he plays the small club card. Every chance he would have been sacked at the first failure.

Newcastle could really have gone either way, a top 7 finish would show improvement and intent, but god knows what the Saudis expectations are. Could again led to another early sacking.

He’s waiting for the perfect club (and his £10m). I think he’s swayed the masses enough to just about be sacked by Top and still come out with a fair bit of credit (due or not is another matter). Early failure at Arsenal or Newcastle could easily put him way back down the pecking order for the truly big clubs. He’s behind some decent managers in the respect at this stage (Howe, Potter etc).

It’s a huge game to him and it’s getting very boring. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He’s such a sausage isn’t he? The use of “super” as an adverb makes him even more of a knob. 

Never mind club footy, the amount of muppets in the comments re: Madders and England calling for Brendan to replace Southgate gives me hope for us... but also despair for the Three Lions. lol

11 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I genuinely think, he believes he’s done us a favour. Arsenal granted are a big club, but he’d have had a task on his hands at Newcastle. Inheriting a poor squad and not being very good in the transfer market.

He’d have had a lot of expectation placed on him at Arsenal, unlike here where he plays the small club card. Every chance he would have been sacked at the first failure.

Newcastle could really have gone either way, a top 7 finish would show improvement and intent, but god knows what the Saudis expectations are. Could again led to another early sacking.

He’s waiting for the perfect club (and his £10m). I think he’s swayed the masses enough to just about be sacked by Top and still come out with a fair bit of credit (due or not is another matter). Early failure at Arsenal or Newcastle could easily put him way back down the pecking order for the truly big clubs. He’s behind some decent managers in the respect at this stage (Howe, Potter etc).

It’s a huge game to him and it’s getting very boring. 

Very eloquently said mate, I just cannot wait till he leaves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been reading the stuff on here for the past few weeks. I agree that Brendan is lucky to have survived so far and, depending on results, will probably be gone in the next few weeks. However, the level of personal vitriol on here is appalling - small minded, ignorant and hateful. When one of us can step forward and say we have  achieved as much as Brendan has, then have your say on him as a person. Until then, we should grow some grown up bollocks and criticise the tactics and the football, not the man - a husband and father 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't see the problem with his answers.

I think its time for someone new, but some of the hate on here is cringeworthy, people hanging on his every word to try and find an angle to spit a little more hatred.  

This. I don't get how a win over Forest suddenly gets superceded by some words he quoted in an interview, probably in context but immediately taken out of context just to continue the pile on. 

Some people are just itching to hear him speak so they can jump on anything that is uttered. Regardless of context or scenario. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

He just can't seem to keep his gob shut and just get on with the job that he is handsomely paid to do. He is a right....

mug shot.jpg

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

This. I don't get how a win over Forest suddenly gets superceded by some words he quoted in an interview, probably in context but immediately taken out of context just to continue the pile on. 

Some people are just itching to hear him speak so they can jump on anything that is uttered. Regardless of context or scenario. 

To be fair I don't get how a win over Forest means we suddenly forget about the last 18 months of utter dross (but judging by the latest Rodgers Out poll, that seems to be the case for many). Very weird. We beat a shockingly bad team who put in one of the worst performances in the history of the Premier League. It meant nothing in the long run. I'll start believing in Rodgers again when he wins the next 4 in a row. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

To be fair I don't get how a win over Forest means we suddenly forget about the last 18 months of utter dross (but judging by the latest Rodgers Out poll, that seems to be the case for many). Very weird. We beat a shockingly bad team who put in one of the worst performances in the history of the Premier League. It meant nothing in the long run. I'll start believing in Rodgers again when he wins the next 4 in a row. 

Hold up, who said anything about forgetting that?! 

I don't want him to stay just because we beat Forest. But I'm also sensible and sane enough not to jump on his every word since that game. Some people's hatred for him goes beyond football. And therefore they can't enjoy the win against Forest in isolation because the hate for Rodgers is superior to their love of beating our rivals... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Hold up, who said anything about forgetting that?! 

I don't want him to stay just because we beat Forest. But I'm also sensible and sane enough not to jump on his every word since that game. Some people's hatred for him goes beyond football. And therefore they can't enjoy the win against Forest in isolation because the hate for Rodgers is superior to their love of beating our rivals... 

Not you specifically, but a large chunk of pollsters who literally voted him out the week before. Jumping on Brendans every word with irrational hatred is delusional, as is the frankly weird and scary fickleness of fans who seem to think one win against a disgracefully sh*t team is enough to vote him back in. Football fans in general are fecking weird.

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Not you specifically, but a large chunk of pollsters who literally voted him out the week before. Jumping on Brendans every word with irrational hatred is delusional, as is the frankly weird and scary fickleness of fans who seem to think one win against a disgracefully sh*t team is enough to vote him back in. Football fans in general are fecking weird.

Agreed

• Like 2