Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Hold up, who said anything about forgetting that?! 

I don't want him to stay just because we beat Forest. But I'm also sensible and sane enough not to jump on his every word since that game. Some people's hatred for him goes beyond football. And therefore they can't enjoy the win against Forest in isolation because the hate for Rodgers is superior to their love of beating our rivals... 

'Sensible and sane?' On here?

Lol.

Surely you know that if you don't believe that Rodgers is worse than Hitler, scheming to destroy the club because of his massive ego, and must be sacked immediately (or preferably hanged from a lamp post outside the club shop) then you clearly think he's a genius coach and a manager beyond compare, and must be given a lifetime contract immediately.

• Like 1

I think he will jump ship when the opportunity arrives. I think he is looking at these games as much as a chance to get respect back for his own career compared to getting us back in to mid table. 

If it works and we get back on track I wouldn't complain if he took another job. 

• Like 2

He's a bellend who comes out with sh*t. I don't see the sense in getting annoyed by it anymore. My bother is the same, and you know what you are going to get each time. Its not worth the energy getting upset about it.

He's still an out for me, but logic indicates unless we start getting trounced by Bournemouth, Palace etc he's here for a while. Top has faith in him and will hold firm. Need to get behind the team and not get annoyed with Brendanisms.  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Lol.

Surely you know that if you don't believe that Rodgers is worse than Hitler, scheming to destroy the club because of his massive ego, and must be sacked immediately (or preferably hanged from a lamp post outside the club shop) then you clearly think he's a genius coach and a manager beyond compare, and must be given a lifetime contract immediately.

This is accurate

Perso, the "vitriol" toward Rodgers doesn't upset me. Though, tbh, being a bloke of somewhat shorter stature, I do find the references to his size a little 'triggering' lol

And I'm about as sure as I can be that it'd water off the proverbial duck's back to Rodgers himself. He's certainly confident and thick skinned enough for it not to even concern him.

No, the personal insults (whilst I'd prefer they didn't happen) are to my mind just a show of passion, frustration, concern, whatever. I find invariably that people who are quick to the boil are just as quick to forgive and forget. If the results start happening, the hot water will cool and we'll all be one big happy family again (that's my pitch for the Disney movie anyway)

I'm not a fan of Rodgers' tactics (too high risk for me) and I get the impression he's not someone I could call a friend but neither of those things matter if he gets us winning and playing decent football.

• Like 2

Another 2 pages of fec all, We all get it you don't like the man is this thread just staying open to create pages on every single word he utters now?

He's asked questions he answers them, i watched the interview & didn't notice him just stand up & say out the blue "...yeah but no but they owe me anyways cos i turned 2 other jobs down to stay here..."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

We bottled 2 seasons when we were 10+ points clear of 5th with 4 or 5 games to go. Liverpool were 2 or 3 nil up at palace going into the second half and ended up drawing when the win was there. I know it doesn’t suit the majority of the narrative but Rodgers bottles it when the going gets tough. If this was a foreign manager the media would be heavily criticising him. 

Swansea Play Off Final

Leicester FA Cup

Leicester Community Shield 

All those cup finals in Scotland

He bottles it when it suits the narrative it seems... We drew and lost games, there was no bottle, we just weren't good enough come the end. Get the idea that we're some sort of destined Top 4 side out of your head, most of those players are still here, clearly we over exceeded expectations. It's not just a mainstream media Rodgers love in, we literally have been outsiders and disruptors in a big boys market for some time. Those last 2 games were against Chelsea and Spurs. The year before it was Spurs and Man U. It's fixtures over form, it's not that hard to work out. You are where you finish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Lol.

No I'm fairly certain most posters dont think that, barring a couple.  As I stated before I couldn't give a sh"%e what he says, just get on with winning, putting in a decent performance, and if we lose / draw then so be it, but if your not doing that then go, he hasn't been doing that consistently, so in alot of people's minds he should go, most think he ain't up to it and some stuff he does say, is all self preservation for him.

Steve Coopers post match interview Monday, was all about the team, and Club, he even stated he loved the Club, it's all you need to hear if your a Florist Fan, to me the difference between old Brendan and a manager who actually has the heart of the club and players on his mind.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The difficulty I have is he shows no allegiance to the Club or Fans .

He has no passion for the game like Pearson, and O'Neill. 

It's just a job to him and he'd be off when the next offer comes in.

Yep. Say what you will about Martin O'Neill, but he was certainly ferociously loyal to Leicester, and not at all the type to bugger off as soon as he got a better offer.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Or, to play devil's advocate, how well we did across the previous 3.5 seasons...!

😉

Let's say 8-9th is par for the course with this squad, it was under Puel who was dog mess and Rodgers in a disappointing season last season. Average 8-9th position is around 50-55 points. We need 4 more wins on the spin to get to the lower part of that average and then maintain it, we are somewhat off that and well in to gross underperformance territory, classic for teams that need new ideas from a new manager and/or new players. 

Minimum 12 points out of the next 4 otherwise its going to be a season long battle to pull away from relegation.

5 wins on the spin goes a long way to righting the wrongs of our record breaking 6 games prior to Monday, I hope we can do it.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's say 8-9th is par for the course with this squad, it was under Puel who was dog mess and Rodgers in a disappointing season last season. Average 8-9th position is around 50-55 points. We need 4 more wins on the spin to get to the lower part of that average and then maintain it, we are somewhat off that and well in to gross underperformance territory, classic for teams that need new ideas from a new manager and/or new players. 

Minimum 12 points out of the next 4 otherwise its going to be a season long battle to pull away from relegation.

5 wins on the spin goes a long way to righting the wrongs of our record breaking 6 games prior to Monday, I hope we can do it.

We’re not winning five in a row, Ric, and there’s no way anyone on the board is expecting him to do that over the next month. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

he doesn't do flick flacks down the sideline = 0 passion for football :facepalm:omfd

How should he show allegiance? he just mentioned 2 other offers he turned down to stay at the club but was pelted down for saying it.

It's a job for anyone of those players also & when the times right....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He showed his allegiance to the club by taking a massive pay rise, what more do you want? :p

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He showed his allegiance to the club by taking a massive pay rise, what more do you want? :p

So if you got offered a new job, and your employers offered you double your money to stay, you wouldn't take it?

The only real loyalty in football is from fans and that can be fickle when a team is losing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SecretPro said:

To be fair I don't get how a win over Forest means we suddenly forget about the last 18 months of utter dross (but judging by the latest Rodgers Out poll, that seems to be the case for many). Very weird. We beat a shockingly bad team who put in one of the worst performances in the history of the Premier League. It meant nothing in the long run. I'll start believing in Rodgers again when he wins the next 4 in a row. 

I'm with you.

A few Forest mates have said that they were expecting some digs from me this week.

I've said I'll open my mouth when I'm convinced we're not f****d - a home win against that Forest side has done very little to convince me we've turned a corner and everything's alright.

In the context of the last calendar year, it will take a good run of games taking points and showing sustained, significant improvement before I'm ready to think less critically of Rodgers.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

How should he show allegiance?

• Not criticising the board, as he has done by implication in interviews

• Not singling out individuals for confidence-destroying public criticism in order to cover himself

• By speaking positively about the club, its ambitions, the fans

• Not alluding to being able to leave or the possibility of 'going to war' with the board

Showing allegiance is about publicly identifying with and supporting the club, rather than pointing to it as being the root cause of poor results on the pitch.

Rodgers shows his lack of allegiance by appearing to want to push a narrative of himself being held back by the structure and staff of the club. It presents him as independent of the club rather than embracing it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So if you got offered a new job, and your employers offered you double your money to stay, you wouldn't take it?

The only real loyalty in football is from fans and that can be fickle when a team is losing. 

I would not bragging to the media about my loyalty if I did accept it.

Whether I'd take it or not would depend on if I want to work for the other company and what they're offering :D

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I would not bragging to the media about my loyalty if I did accept it.

Whether I'd take it or not would depend on if I want to work for the other company and what they're offering :D

I wouldn't take it and then slag the company off for not investing!