Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

• Not criticising the board, as he has done by implication in interviews

• Not singling out individuals for confidence-destroying public criticism in order to cover himself

• By speaking positively about the club, its ambitions, the fans

• Not alluding to being able to leave or the possibility of 'going to war' with the board

Showing allegiance is about publicly identifying with and supporting the club, rather than pointing to it as being the root cause of poor results on the pitch.

Rodgers shows his lack of allegiance by appearing to want to push a narrative of himself being held back by the structure and staff of the club. It presents him as independent of the club rather than embracing it.

99% of what he's deemed to have said as a direct attack at the board/club is in peoples heads, him saying we've had a difficult summer is what it is 'we' the 'club' not a well those bastards in the tower haven't supported me, as he keeps saying he gets fully backed when he can.
When he mentioned the 'going to war' you miss the 1st part of the sentence  - "I'm not about to go to war with the board over the lack of funds because it is what it is.." thats a very straight forward sentence, other clubs were spending millions & journo's kept asking him about his purse or lack of & him saying that to me was a show of backing the board not at odds with the board, even if he says its not ideal or if he's jealous of other clubs spending because its not ideal every manager wants to have a big purse & be able to refresh their squad, he said he didn't have 1 & that was it for me.

I've yet to read something & really thought wow way to dig yourself out & deflect son, maybe i just don't think to much.

He keeps saying how much he loves it at the club, the great relationship he has with Top, the board, staff & players & how he looks forward to coming in everyday.
I don't need him to send me a postcard everyday to prove he loves me also. Fofana told me Leicester were the best fans in the world, then he moved to Chelsea & he told a Chelsea fan they were the best fans in the world :dunno:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

So if you got offered a new job, and your employers offered you double your money to stay, you wouldn't take it?

The only real loyalty in football is from fans and that can be fickle when a team is losing. 

This is fair enough, everybody has to look out for themselves. But I certainly wouldn’t have the brass neck to describe myself as loyal in that situation.

6 hours ago, Vazman said:

No I'm fairly certain most posters dont think that, barring a couple.  As I stated before I couldn't give a sh"%e what he says, just get on with winning, putting in a decent performance, and if we lose / draw then so be it, but if your not doing that then go, he hasn't been doing that consistently, so in alot of people's minds he should go, most think he ain't up to it and some stuff he does say, is all self preservation for him.

Steve Coopers post match interview Monday, was all about the team, and Club, he even stated he loved the Club, it's all you need to hear if your a Florist Fan, to me the difference between old Brendan and a manager who actually has the heart of the club and players on his mind.

...Cooper signing an extension to 2025 is a surprise as the owners had dropped him in the mire!!!

Whatever happens down the line, I hope he comes out of this well-remunerated because he would have deserved it. Nice to see a manager putting the club first as opposed to using his tenure as a self-promotional gig.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

When he mentioned the 'going to war' you miss the 1st part of the sentence  - "I'm not about to go to war with the board over the lack of funds because it is what it is.." thats a very straight forward sentence, other clubs were spending millions & journo's kept asking him about his purse or lack of & him saying that to me was a show of backing the board not at odds with the board, even if he says its not ideal or if he's jealous of other clubs spending because its not ideal every manager wants to have a big purse & be able to refresh their squad, he said he didn't have 1 & that was it for me.

.....he never stopped bringing it up, every interview, he brings it up that he wasn't backed!!!

He was going to war with the club, it was an indirect pushback at the club, he really is not that clever, he thinks that he is, but he is not. If Top and the board choose to take a more lenient approach to his musings and back him, then that is their prerogative.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

he doesn't do flick flacks down the sideline = 0 passion for football :facepalm:omfd

How should he show allegiance? he just mentioned 2 other offers he turned down to stay at the club but was pelted down for saying it.

It's a job for anyone of those players also & when the times right....

He stayed only because Newcastle were offering a pitance compared to what he's on here. Nothing to do with Loyalty to the Club or Fans.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He stayed only because Newcastle were offering a pitance compared to what he's on here. Nothing to do with Loyalty to the Club or Fans.

Why would Newcastle try to poach him by offering less than he’s on here? Doesn’t make sense.

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox

I think we would have more chance of staying up/progressing with a new manager...but..brendan is at the wheel and we have to accept that...some of the shite over the past few weeks/months is inappropriate  but understandable but ffs people hoping for us to lose to get a change is imo pathetic...I want us to win every game regardless of who is in charge....I want us to win one than change a manager..whilst he is in charge I want him to succeed 

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't see the problem with his answers.

I think its time for someone new, but some of the hate on here is cringeworthy, people hanging on his every word to try and find an angle to spit a little more hatred.  

Exactly this, would love to put these posters in a room with big wez, I'd imagine a lot of these opinions would evaporate pretty quickly. Soon as I heard Evans backing BR on the podcast today and then Wez saying the players know they can win under Brendon etc etc. "They'd be glad nothing has changed after the international break". That's enough for me, back aboard the good ship Rodgers 🤣

We know nothing compared to these two, if they say Brendon can do it for us who am I to argue based on what I've heard off of talk sport.

8 hours ago, RedSoxUK said:

Swansea Play Off Final

Leicester FA Cup

Leicester Community Shield 

All those cup finals in Scotland

He bottles it when it suits the narrative it seems... We drew and lost games, there was no bottle, we just weren't good enough come the end. Get the idea that we're some sort of destined Top 4 side out of your head, most of those players are still here, clearly we over exceeded expectations. It's not just a mainstream media Rodgers love in, we literally have been outsiders and disruptors in a big boys market for some time. Those last 2 games were against Chelsea and Spurs. The year before it was Spurs and Man U. It's fixtures over form, it's not that hard to work out. You are where you finish.

I never said we were a destined top 4 side and don’t think that. I am pissed off though of missing out on champions league football twice when it seemed impossible to do so. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....he never stopped bringing it up, every interview, he brings it up that he wasn't backed!!!

He was going to war with the club, it was an indirect pushback at the club, he really is not that clever, he thinks that he is, but he is not. If Top and the board choose to take a more lenient approach to his musings and back him, then that is their prerogative.

In fairness he had to keep mentioning because we were the only club without a single signing and he was asked about it at every single interview.

So this is him not being clever enough for foxestalk 

“I trust the club implicitly. It's a club that has always given me everything they have had since I've been here.“

"Clearly, we have to do some business out before we can get players in. We just are not in the same position as some of the other clubs.

"Until that changes, I keep working with the players we have. We try to maximise their abilities and if the club can do something in the market to help the team, we would want that.

"(Selling players) is two-way. Other clubs have to want the players. But it's also very important that we can't get too hung up on that.

"Of course I want to improve the squad, I want to develop the squad, I said that midway through last year, but if it's difficult financially, I really respect the club, so I won't go to war with them.”

I don’t get the hidden meaning that people are picking up, I get, yes I would love to sign players but if the club say there’s nothing in the pot until players go out then that’s what it is & I trust they are telling me the truth because when there is money they give me it 🤷‍♂️ 

5 hours ago, BKLFox said:

99% of what he's deemed to have said as a direct attack at the board/club is in peoples heads, him saying we've had a difficult summer is what it is 'we' the 'club' not a well those bastards in the tower haven't supported me, as he keeps saying he gets fully backed when he can.

I've yet to read something & really thought wow way to dig yourself out & deflect son, maybe i just don't think to much.

He keeps saying how much he loves it at the club, the great relationship he has with Top, the board, staff & players & how he looks forward to coming in everyday.
I don't need him to send me a postcard everyday to prove he loves me also. Fofana told me Leicester were the best fans in the world, then he moved to Chelsea & he told a Chelsea fan they were the best fans in the world :dunno:

Well, in interview when asked about the transfer situation after the summer break he said 'well, I'm not in charge of the finances'

And saying your not about to go to war with the club is a way of saying you could go to war with the club - it's hardly a positive statement?

It's not as bad as some might say, I'm not going to go and kick my wife's head in about it...

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Why would Newcastle try to poach him by offering less than he’s on here? Doesn’t make sense.

No it doesn't but we talking about Newcastle,  Howe is reported to be on 3 million. Do you think they would have paid 10 million. I doubt it.

They also thought they could buy Maddison for 40 million. Cheapskates.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I’m surprised you were invited to the contract negotiations. 

I’m completely on board with people wanting a change in manger, but why make up a load of rubbish to try prove your point. It’s straight out of bojos hand book.

55 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Exactly this, would love to put these posters in a room with big wez, I'd imagine a lot of these opinions would evaporate pretty quickly. Soon as I heard Evans backing BR on the podcast today and then Wez saying the players know they can win under Brendon etc etc. "They'd be glad nothing has changed after the international break". That's enough for me, back aboard the good ship Rodgers 🤣

We know nothing compared to these two, if they say Brendon can do it for us who am I to argue based on what I've heard off of talk sport.

Hold on.

What would you expect them to say,  Publicly that is.

Evans is hardly going to jeopardise his position in the team by saying anything infamitory and run the possibly being given the cold shoulder, and Wes is also affiliated with the club, so will also not say things that could rock the boat.

I'd be surprised if everyone wasn't told that they need to show a united front whenever interviewed, and not draw any controversial / bad press during this challenging time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dusty said:

I’m surprised you were invited to the contract negotiations. 

I’m completely on board with people wanting a change in manger, but why make up a load of rubbish to try prove your point. It’s straight out of bojos hand book.

Don't be silly. It's all online if you take the time to research it.  

On 06/10/2022 at 15:55, Dames said:

Our xG is one of the lowest in the league and more often than not we score goals down to individual brilliance rather than cohesive attacking play. 

Just checked on footystats and in overall xG we are 10th so not true.

11 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Implicit, explicit, inferred, direct, indirect. All depends upon how straightforward and honest you think Rodgers is really.

Personally, I wouldn't believe a word that came out of his cheap car salesman's mouth. When you add what you mention to his criticism of players as well as the board and supporters, whilst never admitting a misjudgement or fault of his own, it starts to tell a different story. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

It's a funny one. It should spell loyalty that Rodgers turned down two clubs during his time as Leicester manager which is still running. But because it's him I can't help thinking he is simply blowing his own trumpet. He loves himself to an unhealthy extent. Which ends up him coming across as simply odious. The funny thing is is that he tries to play the polite humble man in interviews with the likes of Robbie Fowler and Graham Hunter. Yet humble people by definition downplay their own obvious talents. He puts a magnifying glass on himself. His lack of self awareness is almost comical. 

There are two obvious flaws in Rodgers as a coach. Poor recruitment and an inability to make his sides defensively solid. If Liverpool had been defensively solid we win the league in 2013/14 and then Rodgers really would have had a genuine reason to think he was the dogs bollocks. As it is he won the FA Cup with Leicester, got promoted with Swansea and ran riot in a one team league in Scotland as Rangers were a pale shadow of their former self. His record shows obvious ability but his own view of himself far outstrips reality. 

Arteta has rebuilt both the Arsenal 1st 11 and squad in impressive fashion and won the FA cup while doing so. Eddie Howe looks like he is on the right track with Newcastle. They haven't taken the scattergun approach to recruitment. They have been methodical and precise and are starting to look really impressive. I just don't see Rodgers doing what either manager has done so far. I'm sure if both clubs did approach him it stroked his ego but no top four club in England will take him on now. 

Edited by lexluther

24 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Hold on.

What would you expect them to say,  Publicly that is.

Evans is hardly going to jeopardise his position in the team by saying anything infamitory and run the possibly being given the cold shoulder, and Wes is also affiliated with the club, so will also not say things that could rock the boat.

I'd be surprised if everyone wasn't told that they need to show a united front whenever interviewed, and not draw any controversial / bad press during this challenging time.

.... Castagne's take on what we do try to do in games is a better barometer that we should be taking heed of!!!

48 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Don't be silly. It's all online if you take the time to research it.  

Well that’s a load of rubbish as well. 

Brendans Newcastle contract is online?

Edited by Dusty