Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 hours ago, BKLFox said:

99% of what he's deemed to have said as a direct attack at the board/club is in peoples heads, him saying we've had a difficult summer is what it is 'we' the 'club' not a well those bastards in the tower haven't supported me, as he keeps saying he gets fully backed when he can.
When he mentioned the 'going to war' you miss the 1st part of the sentence  - "I'm not about to go to war with the board over the lack of funds because it is what it is.." thats a very straight forward sentence, other clubs were spending millions & journo's kept asking him about his purse or lack of & him saying that to me was a show of backing the board not at odds with the board, even if he says its not ideal or if he's jealous of other clubs spending because its not ideal every manager wants to have a big purse & be able to refresh their squad, he said he didn't have 1 & that was it for me.

I've yet to read something & really thought wow way to dig yourself out & deflect son, maybe i just don't think to much.

He keeps saying how much he loves it at the club, the great relationship he has with Top, the board, staff & players & how he looks forward to coming in everyday.
I don't need him to send me a postcard everyday to prove he loves me also. Fofana told me Leicester were the best fans in the world, then he moved to Chelsea & he told a Chelsea fan they were the best fans in the world :dunno:

Whilst I can't confirm, im sure Brendan, whilst having a beer with his mates, will roll out the,  "I wasn't backed in the summer transfer window and is the reason for our lack of win's".  I suspect to alleviate explaining our current predicament 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Exactly this, would love to put these posters in a room with big wez, I'd imagine a lot of these opinions would evaporate pretty quickly. Soon as I heard Evans backing BR on the podcast today and then Wez saying the players know they can win under Brendon etc etc. "They'd be glad nothing has changed after the international break". That's enough for me, back aboard the good ship Rodgers 🤣

We know nothing compared to these two, if they say Brendon can do it for us who am I to argue based on what I've heard off of talk sport.

When put under the spotlight, what would you reasonably expect them to say? IF the opposite was true, do you honestly think they'd tell the media who would want to delve further and risk an almighty upheaval in your working and private life, they'd be hounded for further insight. 

• Like 2

On 05/10/2022 at 20:55, Guest454545 said:

5th, 5th, FA Cup,  Invincible Scottish Treble, double treble, Liverpool closest they came to winning the PL before Klopp, Swansea promoted to and kept in the Premier League

Doesn't sound like that much of a weakness to me.

His transfers and man management, yes.

But his style of play? No

Two 5th place finishes are not an achievement. In both cases he through away 4th place finishes.

Both seasons we finished with horrendous results over the last five or six games.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Actually thought it would be worse than this. 

We did finish last season with 52 points.  So we are 3 points worse off form wise over a season which is not bad I guess relatively speaking. But we will be lucky to be considered a Top 10 team now although that should be our minimum requirement any premier league season these days.

17 hours ago, The_77 said:

We’re not winning five in a row, Ric, and there’s no way anyone on the board is expecting him to do that over the next month. 

And that in itself shows the horrible situation we've got in to. I don't think we've won more than 2 or 3 on the spin in the league for about 18 months but when we lose 6 on the spin and break records along the way it puts us in a lot of trouble and if we want out of this any time soon we have to right the wrongs otherwise we will hover around relegation the entire season.

We have to win today, anything else and he's unbackable.

• Like 2

I don't look for hidden meanings, and certainly wouldn't bet my house on any that people see, but the perspective of others is always interesting. I tend to look at the words used, the metaphors chosen. That someone chooses to say "go to war" indicates to me that that someone sees a situation as a battle with opposing factions.They don't see it as on the same side 'all in this together'.

There's a myriad of ways a person can describe a situation. The way they choose to describe it, the words they choose to use, is an insight to their character imho.

• Like 4

Still can't believe the generosity being shown to Rodgers after one lone win this season against utter dross. Some of you are mad! 

Win the next 4 and I'll give him some support. Anything less with our squad is pathetic.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Vazman said:

Whilst I can't confirm, im sure Brendan, whilst having a beer with his mates, will roll out the,  "I wasn't backed in the summer transfer window and is the reason for our lack of win's".  I suspect to alleviate explaining our current predicament 

I’ll only judge and comment on what I’ve read and heard him say

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Still can't believe the generosity being shown to Rodgers after one loan win this season against utter dross. Some of you are mad!

Did he borrow that one win? I hope we get to keep the 3 points otherwise we could well be fvcked.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

BREAKING NEWS! 

Fans of club second from bottom with 1 win in 8 get wound up about their manager. 

Shock! Horror! 

Fans of club that finished 5th twice still manage to find fault anyway, thus proving they get wound up as a matter of course.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fans of club that finished 5th twice still manage to find fault anyway, thus proving they get wound up as a matter of course.

Fans of clubs who disastrously lost out on 4th twice so get wound up, agreed. 😂 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sorry of course, I and many others are meant to be jubilant about something that happened 2 years ago and now isn’t happening. That makes so much sense! 

*Correction* - failed to finish fourth, twice. 

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Thank you both for confirming my belief that some people only see one side of a situation.

No, I’ve considered both sides of the situation, many times in fact. I’ve enjoyed periods of his tenure greatly, and he has been afforded by both me and many others time because of this. I believe that despite relative successes, he’s unfit and needs moving on. Funnily enough a large amount of the fan base also think this. 

5 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

No, I’ve considered both sides of the situation, many times in fact. I’ve enjoyed periods of his tenure greatly, and he has been afforded by both me and many others time because of this. I believe that despite relative successes, he’s unfit and needs moving on. Funnily enough a large amount of the fan base also think this. 

I don't have any issue with that whatsoever. I do get bored of the same stuff being posted as if new, ad infinitum, where people find new and (not so) ingenious ways to say skin the same cat again and again - it is one of the reasons I largely stay off the forum, people just love misery.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 2