Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Trouble is there are still some on here that , if we win one game ,  think we have turned the corner and will be pushing for Europe. I reckon there are ten teams in a relegation fight already and whoever manages us , we are going to have to be up for the fight.

• Like 2

Rodgers has his favourite 13 players and  isolates the rest so they then don’t push the starting 11.

This is why our good players have become either bang average or crap; through isolation or being guaranteed a starting place.

Rodgers might be ok setting us up, and if all goes to plan and no changes are needed but he seems incapable of seeing the dynamics, the ebb-and-flow of a match, and responding in real time. He needs to analyse - and it's sod all good not knowing where we were going wrong until after the match. Even less experienced managers seem more capable of mixing things up and responding on the fly.

6 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Can’t see Brendan getting another big job now

That Chelsea job was his. Absolutely nailed on if he'd kept performing but he didn't. I really rate Potter but he's lost out to a guy who's achieved none of what Rodgers has in his career and so he only has himself to blame.

Just now, CrazyKopCorner said:

Brendan is to football management what David Brent is to paper merchandising

David Brent won UK Manager of the Month in Inside Paper magazine, have some respect.

Just now, taupe said:

Rodgers might be ok setting us up, and if all goes to plan and no changes are needed but he seems incapable of seeing the dynamics, the ebb-and-flow of a match, and responding in real time. He needs to analyse - and it's sod all good not knowing where we were going wrong until after the match. Even less experienced managers seem more capable of mixing things up and responding on the fly.

Rodgers to me is coming across as a dinosaur, the game has passed him by and better younger managers just out think him.

• Like 3

Just now, ithuriel said:

Rodgers to me is coming across as a dinosaur, the game has passed him by and better younger managers just out think him.

Yep, he’s trapped in 2010.

Just now, taupe said:

He's clearly not ok at setting us up though. Defensively, I've never seen a team as poorly organised as us over the past 12 months and I had a season ticket at League One Gillingham (local team back then). Sure the players are underperforming but you cannot defend as badly as we have, regardless of individual errors if the manager sets you the team up properly. Brighton game was haunting in the difference between decent players well coached and very good players with no coaching. We're always 1 simple pass away from being cut open.

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

I've been saying this for a long time.

There is alot of football snobbery where certain managers, usually the ones who play dirty, nasty, long ball, so called 'anti-football' are usually labelled dinosaurs.

Rodgers is a dinosaur.

• Like 2