Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That's one season. A tight season also (as Man City were by far the best side in the division and nobody could match them).

Klopp had one of the World's best centre backs out for most of the season and it showed.

But I think he'd get more out of our players over several seasons, same as Pep would.

I didn’t think injuries were an acceptable excuse?

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

The west ham game... the Newcastle game and the Fulham game.  These were lost due to tactics and psychology.   We should not have finished out of the top 4.... but we did. 

Rodgers tactics do not leave our opponents guessing. He needs to wise up 

And good results with loads of first teamers out put us in that position, but we’ll pretend that didn’t happen, give no credit for it and just focus on the other bits.

Any manager bar 2 or 3 in the world suffer with the amount of successive injuries we had last season. Only Liverpool could really compare or relate to how bad it was for us. It wasn't only the volume, it was the fact it was 1, 2 or 3 after another. When one decent player came back, another was absent. The team could rarely gather any momentum. And ironically the 2 or 3 in the world who probably wouldn't suffer, don't do so because they have ridiculous amounts of money to a) strengthen in January and b) have huge depth anyway because of all that money.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

But should we? Rodgers injury list is still going?

Can do. Of course it's an issue, we have players like Evans missing which is massive (and similar as VVD for Liverpool). But there's bigger issues which he isn't addressing.

Dropping the top goalscorer from last season, not changing the style of play even when we're chasing the game, not getting better players in, strange subs every game...

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

No, just for Liverpool. 

Yeah I think I confused myself there.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

But should we? Rodgers injury list is still going?

It’s truly laughable that people refuse to credit the injuries. I’m more than happy to debate issues I think he has not dealt with well or caused himself, but people need to temper that with ultimate finishing position and injuries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Can do. Of course it's an issue, we have players like Evans missing which is massive (and similar as VVD for Liverpool). But there's bigger issues which he isn't addressing.

Dropping the top goalscorer from last season, not changing the style of play even when we're chasing the game, not getting better players in, strange subs every game...

Yeah I think I confused myself there.

I agree there are issues but the injuries are dictating things somewhat, we haven’t had our best first team 11 available for nearly 2 years.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It’s truly laughable that people refuse to credit the injuries. I’m more than happy to debate issues I think he has not dealt with well or caused himself, but people need to temper that with ultimate finishing position and injuries.

I think some people even blame him for the injuries.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I agree there are issues but the injuries are dictating things somewhat, we haven’t had our best first team 11 available for nearly 2 years.

Agreed. I don't think the injuries were as big last season though because we were playing well in most games. It's the complete opposite this season, I don't think we've played that well in any game so far (perhaps aside from Norwich where we were okay).

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don't blame him of course but it's strange how he sacked Rennie and now we keep getting more and reoccurring injuries. I can't remember us having these issues in previous seasons. We always had injuries but now we seem to have them reoccurring. There's something wrong somewhere if players keep getting injured.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Fox92 said:

Agreed. I don't think the injuries were as big last season though because we were playing well in most games. It's the complete opposite this season, I don't think we've played that well in any game so far (perhaps aside from Norwich where we were okay).

Yeah it’s been a sorry start for sure, I really hope he gets to grips with it ASAP. 

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Yeah it’s been a sorry start for sure, I really hope he gets to grips with it ASAP. 

As I've said, I do believe he will. I'm not gonna turn on him given the previous two seasons.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m happy for that to be questioned.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think what frustrates a lot on here is that he thinks his way is the only way to win matches, And of course we know differently.

He needs to mix it up a bit more and keep the opposition guessing.

I think it’s his chosen way, not that he thinks it’s the only way. And as he has said before, he’s not a plan B sort of person as you are sort of admitting plan A isn’t good enough. Just get better at plan A. 

I'm all for playing football but unless you mix it up you get found out quickly which is exactly what's happened to us.

The opposition know how we're going to play from the start. So to beat that you have to have players who will commit the opposition into making errors.

The problem is we have nobody other than Lookman is trying to commit people. Even Harvey has stopped going past defenders, Choosing to pass inside or behind. 

Is it being Coached out of our Players. I don't know but it sure looks like it.

• Like 2

Guest Danny Clender
6 hours ago, blockheadder said:

And to George Graham. Perfect combination of pragmatism and magic.

Yes, he’s magic don’t you know.

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

In all honesty, if he was to walk I’d be tempted to just Chuck it in for a bit……. I don’t buy the sentiment that Newcastle are now a far superior club to us, because they really aren’t.

I’d be proper, proper pissed off it he left. Games dying as we all know it, but it would be nice to think there’s a shred of decency left in it.  

Seems like you invested a lot into Rodgers, no man is bigger than our club.  Managers come and go, and we move on when it happens.  He might leave for Newcastle, he might in a few years, but he will leave at some point.

The concern I have when he does leave is we have invested a lot into his team, usually I have the opinion manager's should be able to bring their own guys, but I am now starting to realise the downside of it.

As for potter it seems some people have decided we are one of the superstar clubs and now should only be going for managers with a proven track record of winning things.  Potter is probably on his upward projectory of his managerial career, and is working with a smaller budget at Brighton.  I think he would be a decent replacement.

Edited by Chrysalis

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

FT is not one username chap. There's lots of different people on here with different views. 👍

Thank you, I was about to say roughly the same thing.

"FT" has decided nothing. It's a forum of individuals some of whom want BR gone, others are undecided and others are firmly behind. And lots of other views inbetween. 

"Meltdown" is one I like too. Yes, some people get all prophet of doom about a situation but there remains some steady and less emotional voices.

The 'out' and 'meltdown' voices are just perhaps the most shrill.

I am not the forum, I am a free..... internet search bot.

• Haha 1

Can we talk about Pep for a 2nd. He’s seen as the best coach in the world etc etc. How well was he doing in his first season, with a massively expensive squad, before spending close to £1,000,000,000!! I’m not convinced he’d have done any better than Rodgers has for the past 2 seasons. People need some perspective here. 

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Seems like you invested a lot into Rodgers, no man is bigger than our club.  Managers come and go, and we move on when it happens.  He might leave for Newcastle, he might in a few years, but he will leave at some point.

The concern I have when he does leave is we have invested a lot into his team, usually I have the opinion manager's should be able to bring their own guys, but I am now starting to realise the downside of it.

Not so much Rodgers, but our whole situation. I accept that he will move on at some point, and there will be more attractive jobs come along, but to walk away from us to a club who have just gained a huge amount of wealth when previously they were hopeless. 

Not about that at all, not having it for a second.