Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Finnegan said:

I've gotten to the point where I genuinely don't really know if I want to go to our next game if he's still in charge. 

Given that I've gone to see us get relegated numerous times and drop to our lowest ever level in my lifetime, that's saying a lot. 

Exactly the same. Hoping by the time I’ve used the resale platform 3 times Rodgers will be gone. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've gotten to the point where I genuinely don't really know if I want to go to our next game if he's still in charge. 

Given that I've gone to see us get relegated numerous times and drop to our lowest ever level in my lifetime, that's saying a lot. 

It’s crazy isn’t it. I’ve seen us be shit before. But this is different - this is sadness mixed with anger. Anger at what we are letting slip through. We may be the first relegated team to sell a lot of our players to the top 6 and European competing clubs (and Newcastle). 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Haven't been since Brentford for multiple reasons and have not missed it. He has drained so much enthusiasm out of us.

As I said in the Top thread, Rodgers deserves relegation. He has been shocking this season and comfortably the worst manager remaining.

• Like 2

Can't see this changing the 'stubborn ones' mind. The person with the influence and desire to keep BR here won't be fazed by this result if they weren't by all the previous ones. With the new manager bounce effect we desperately need a change even if its to get a few more points on the board. With him in charge I cannot see where these points come from. The forest game has to be treated independently. It was a local derby, a chance for revenge etc. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Exactly the same. Hoping by the time I’ve used the resale platform 3 times Rodgers will be gone. 

Those people that would buy a resale ticket for the next few games with him in charge are akin to those that get sexual satisfaction from using a cheese grater on their helmet.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll still be going as I want to give the players my support. But Rodgers gets none of it. Same as vs Forest. My cheers were for the players. Not the manager.

I’m not even angry anymore.

Being angry about Rodgers being shit is like being angry about anteaters eat ants or penguins eating fish.

It’s just natural. You can’t be angry with nature.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was Top at the game today?

He’s not really been seen much this season and that, for me, is a problem.

if the guy with final say on this is sat thousands of miles away watching on a screen then he’s not really seeing the full picture of what’s going on.

Either show up and make the decision to keep him from close to the situation (which would still be baffling) or trust the people who are seeing this debacle every week to make the decision for you.

1 hour ago, taupe said:

Hey, come on, I was trying to give him some credit. And I did say "might"!

Edit: my point was more that he's a planner, not spontaneous. He seems clueless on what to do in response to a game changing before his eyes. He makes his notes to analyse for after match but that his substitutions (or lack thereof) seem to be a roll of the dice.

Haha, I'll give you that. I do agree with you but I was just pointing out that he hasn't got a clue with the preparation either. It's actually quite embarrassing.

It's so telling that this forum, which loves to dig out players after 1 bad game, is laying all the blame at Rodgers feet. That speaks volumes.

On 18/04/2021 at 23:08, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We're a constant work in progress.

He's dragged us so far forward it's incredible.

Might not be far enough for some but still feels like a dream to me.

I’m still trying to wake up in this nightmare of 1 win in 7 with only 4 points on the board, just hoping it’s all a bad dream Rodgers was sacked we’ve got Pochettino in as manager and we’re 3rd in the EPL !

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s crazy isn’t it. I’ve seen us be shit before. But this is different - this is sadness mixed with anger. Anger at what we are letting slip through. We may be the first relegated team to sell a lot of our players to the top 6 and European competing clubs (and Newcastle). 

That's the staggering point. Ward apart, every single player will have a willing PL taker, many of them, as you say, at the upper end of the table. 

We're doing a sheff utd and Norwich. But they are complied from the likes of  Bashsm  Mcburnie, the scouse lad with the Nordic sounding name now at Rangers and Max Aarons (their respective best players). 

• Like 1