Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, J. James said:

Personally the now throwaway sound bite of "l take full responsibility" drives me crazy, it is used by con men in many walks  of life notably politics (Bozo more than once) and ought to (and used to) be followed by "consequently l must tender my resignation" - not any more, meaningless crap and false humility, Rodgers is the Boris johnson of football - a useless self aggrandizing fool who takes responsibility but no blame.

And like Bozo he simply will not go unless propelled, for one reason above all:

A new manager would do a great deal better with the same group of players and so spotlight exactly where the problem was, no if's, buts or maybe's.

As it stands Rodgers can continue to "take responsibility" and blame someone else.

Watching our club now is like watching a good friend drinking themselves into oblivion, an ever decreasing spiral that everyone but they can see will only end in disaster.

I can't watch that process anymore, it's just too depressing.

Only one problem with this analogy; what if we get Truss and Kwarteng in as a replacement?! :blink:

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

I am genuinely surprised he returned to his flaccid style of play so quickly after the Forest result. The arrogance of the man is outstanding. 

Death, Taxes and Brendan Rodgers' philosophy of his way of playing football in a flaccid, boring, negative and nonsense style.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

A manager keeping to his complete football ideology, until the painfull end.

That's it there. It's personal dogma that's taking us down, now metaphorically and eventually literally. He's stubbornly wedded to his belief that his version of football can get results, despite evidence to the contrary. He keeps banging the players' heads against the wall (no wonder they're confused!) He sees no fault in the plan, only in it's execution.

We need him gone. His obsession is sinking us.

Edited by taupe
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Over half way now to conceding more goals than the side who got relegated to League 1. Which at the current rate we'll pass in 28 fewer games.

Didn't we have the 2nd best defensive record in the league that season? Just couldn't score. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, taupe said:

That's it there. It's personal dogma that's taking us down, now metaphorically and eventually literally. He's stubbornly wedded to his belief that his version of football can get results, despite evidence to the contrary. He keeps banging the players' heads against the wall (no wonder they're confused!) He sees no fault in the plan, only in it's execution.

We need him gone. His obsession is sinking us.

All manager are stubborn and keep digging until sacked.

7 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Didn't we have the 2nd best defensive record in the league that season? Just couldn't score. 

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

LOL, no we did not.

We did have the 2nd best defensive record. Conceded 45, second to Palace who Conceded 42.

We had the worst scoring record with 42.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

there’s a fine line in the middle somewhere

That's my belief too. It's not like it's either Man City or Burnley. And, cripes, even Burnley could play with passion and belief in the manager and the plan. Plenty of teams find that middle ground; they can make life difficult for the 'quality' teams (and maybe sneak a win) and win the games they need to.

I reject the notion all managers are stubborn, married to their plan. They're not all that narrow minded and selfish. A good manager can assess the players available to them, their natural abilities, then devise a plan/tactic (that perhaps melds with a personal philosophy) and get the balance right.

Rodgers is in pursuit of a personal objective (perhaps an unattainable one at that) and trying to coach (force?) the players into it. He's coaching their game out of them. He likes players that listen to him, regardless of ability, and rejects those that doubt, or perhaps even frown.

• Like 1

Watching Leicester under Brendan Rodger’s is completely sucking all the love I have for football. I used to be able to sit and watch any game on TV but just not interested at the moment. 

Surely the owners must realise that he is not going to take us any further forward and we are getting deeper and deeper into the shit as the weeks go by. 

I just get the feeling that they will give him the two home games to fix it. Even if we do get six points we will end up back in this situation in a few weeks time 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, GlenParvaFox said:

We did have the 2nd best defensive record. Conceded 45, second to Palace who Conceded 42.

We had the worst scoring record with 42.

Whoops, sorry - misread that as "last season".

Still not even murmurs of him being close in the media though.

If the club were genuinely going to get rid today, tomorrow or this week I can't believe jounos wouldn't have been fed even the slightest bit of info to be reported.

Cue another "Top jets in" article ahead of Saturday, save the fuel Top, use it towards sacking Rodgers (Not to mention the club are wanting to be viewed as eco-friendly with mobile ticketing)

Edited by Matt