Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

I don't rest assured at all - clearly Top is seeing something different to the rest of us and has no appetite to sack him anytime soon.

Funnily enough I thought that Rogers was really up for a win yesterday and carry on Monday's momentum, trying to effect the game with subs and animated on the line. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not a Brendon fan, he's sacked for the Foest FA Cup debacle as soon as the whistle goes, but childlike he believes that he can make his point, being uninterested in the currant squad, because of the lack of backing in the transfer market and then pick us back up whenever he feels like it. Roger's is beginning to feel what the fans saw way back, that he's out of his depth. 

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Heard his post match interview yesterday. He thought we DOMINATED the entire first half.

I might have gone for 'controlled' but not dominated. They were always lively opposition, even if not always threatening. I don't mind slowing a game down to control it, IF you're comfortable, but it was quickly evident early in the 2nd half that we couldn't sit back, we needed another goal. We should have been looking for a 2nd before half time, but that's retrospect speaking. 

It's beyond a joke now. Actually, it never was a joke but you know what I mean. This ain't no blip, we've got root and branch rot set in. 

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Heard his post match interview yesterday. He thought we DOMINATED the entire first half. This MF is giving Top feedback on the game and that MF is believing everything that he is being told. 

These two MFs are taking us down!

Yep, because he only thinks in terms of possession. His tactics and methods are completely outdated. 

Bournemouth didn't press us in the first half. They literally sat in their own half and only engaged our players once the the ball got to the half way line. This was not down to how we were playing, this was down to their manager getting it horrifically wrong. What we got wrong was slowing down their pace and essentially accepting 1-0 when we should have been showing some cojones and going for the second.

What he did though was make changes like almost every other manager that plays us and eventually bested us, with the help of Rodgers sprinkling his own faeces flavoured fairy dust on the situation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

After the Spurs game, I was sure Rodgers would be sacked. It never felt to me, if he would be sacked, but when in the coming hours he would be sacked.  Would it be the evening of the Spurs game, or on the the Sunday.  By the end of Sunday evening I was shocked that he hadn't been sacked, but then thought as others were suggesting, we were waiting for the Queens funeral to be over, and would wait until Tuesday morning to do the deed.   Listening to Talksport all day on the Tuesday, waiting for the breaking news, refreshing twitter, waiting for the inevitable announcement from the club, and it never came. I was utterly dumbfounded that Top had sat on his hands, and was willing to let the obvious demise go on.  Fast forward to today, after another pathetic result and performance, and with our club sinking deeper than ever into the abyss, and I'm not even thinking that Top will sack Rodgers today or anytime soon. I've reluctantly accepted that Top is cool with the clubs position, whether that be through a lack of funds or a waning interest in the club. I no longer feel angry, I just feel sad that Top has let it come to this.

This for me is the worst part of our situation. So many fans are losing their passion for the club due to the uninspiring drudgery we have to watch each week allied to the certain knowledge that we will lose. I could accept boring football if it was executed successfully but we’re not even any good at what we’re trying to do.

Walking down to the Forest game on Monday was the quietest I’ve ever seen town ahead of a match. No expectation of entertainment or a result at all. Only picked up a bit once the banter with their fans began outside the ground. 
We’ve been in worse league positions plenty of times in the years I’ve followed Leicester but there was always hope. As things stand Rodgers has extinguished that and that is unacceptable. I have no animosity towards him personally. I’m just disappointed it’s come to this and I guess that sums it up - I should be absolutely raging but I’m not. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Yep, because he only thinks in terms of possession. His tactics and methods are completely outdated. 

It is not out dated under the right coach, but he hasn't, or the club hasn't bought the players to play with possession in mind, too many players with questionable technical ability.  He doesn't have the players to control the game from the back, Johnny Evans, good defender, but not a player with great technical abilities, and Dan Amartey, well you don't bring him on to control a game against Bournemouth.   A more adaptable manager would recognise we are in a dog fight and change accordingly, but Rodgers and his ego won't allow it.

• Like 1

Genuinely can't believe he's still here. It's getting ridiculous now, we're becoming a laughing stock.

Do the board feel like they owe him time because of our summer window? Can we genuinely not afford to get rid of him? Do they mistakebly believe that he can turn this around? Whatever the reason, he MUST go as soon as possible, he's destroying this club. 

43 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Heard his post match interview yesterday. He thought we DOMINATED the entire first half. This MF is giving Top feedback on the game and that MF is believing everything that he is being told. 

These two MFs are taking us down!

54% first half possession.

56% possession over the game.

Blinded by possession.

16 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

🤞🏻 Sunday Telegraph. Not by Percy but can’t read the full article online 

09B73245-4118-429B-BFB5-E80140650E77.jpeg

The Hassenhuttl under pressure comments are from an article Friday.

Hassenhuttle and Rodgers both under pressure is just them stating the bleeding obvious - The bleeding obviously that Top and the board can't see.

No links, articles or actual info.

6 minutes ago, Area88 said:

Danny Ward is the biggest problem. A much bigger problem than BR>

What i'm going to say can't be proven neither disproved but in my opinion BR was the reason Schmeichel left and we're now having to play Danny Ward.

• Like 1

Well it doesn't look like he's going. Think it's going to take a bad home game and the crowd properly turning toxic for Top to make up his mind.

He would have probably gone after Villa if that wasn't postponed- can see Palace being a grim afternoon.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm not entirely comfortable going for Top as he and his dad have given us more than we could ever dream of but it's time for him to step up and get a grip of this situation. He must have an affinity to the fans and I just hope that's stronger than the one he has for Brendan 

Agree.  So what's our message then.  "Sort it out... cast Rodgers out"?

• Like 1