Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I think some people even blame him for the injuries.

Obviously you can't blame him for injuries like Justin's, Castagne's or Fofana's, but I do think there's more going on behind the scenes that is causing issues with the actual management of injuries and the buck does stop with him on that - whether that's unfair or not.

I just hope we get to see our best team play together and at the top of their individual games at some point because it's hard to be too critical of Rodger's until that happens.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

Obviously you can't blame him for injuries like Justin's, Castagne's or Fofana's, but I do think there's more going on behind the scenes that is causing issues with the actual management of injuries and the buck does stop with him on that - whether that's unfair or not.

Think? What evidence do you have and why should it stop with him? I need more details, too understand.

I get the criticism for rushing players back but we have club doctors and physios that will be advising, is there evidence he is going against advice?

38 minutes ago, Sly said:

Can we talk about Pep for a 2nd. He’s seen as the best coach in the world etc etc. How well was he doing in his first season, with a massively expensive squad, before spending close to £1,000,000,000!! I’m not convinced he’d have done any better than Rodgers has for the past 2 seasons. People need some perspective here. 

The spending is ridiculous but there's no doubting Pep makes players better. Most of the signings have improved under his coaching.

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Think? What evidence do you have and why should it stop with him? I need more details, too understand.

I get the criticism for rushing players back but we have club doctors and physios that will be advising, is there evidence he is going against advice?

There just seems to be too many long standing and consistent injuries for it to be 'bad luck' and I don't think it's unfair to 'think' or to feel there might be something going on behind the scenes.

Our injury record is horrendous and he is the man responsible for assembling the medical and physio teams so I feel it is only fair for people to have concerns or to question what is actually going wrong? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

There just seems to be too many long standing and consistent injuries for it to be 'bad luck' and I don't think it's unfair to 'think' or to feel there might be something going on behind the scenes.

Our injury record is horrendous and he is the man responsible for assembling the medical and physio teams so I feel it is only fair for people to have concerns or to question what is actually going wrong? 

Sure there is one thing being suspicious that something isn’t right but with no details, to come to the conclusion it’s all Rodgers fault is a stretch surely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drumbeat said:

Thank you, I was about to say roughly the same thing.

"FT" has decided nothing. It's a forum of individuals some of whom want BR gone, others are undecided and others are firmly behind. And lots of other views inbetween. 

"Meltdown" is one I like too. Yes, some people get all prophet of doom about a situation but there remains some steady and less emotional voices.

The 'out' and 'meltdown' voices are just perhaps the most shrill.

I am not the forum, I am a free..... internet search bot.

Clearly there are certain themes on this forum, which change from week to week. 

#NotAllFT

2 hours ago, majaco said:

Few managers have won  trophies at Leicester.  Few have finished so high up the table.  Rodgers is clearly a good manager.

There are things that currently need addressing.  Our defence is shaky.  We seem to lack leadership on the pitch. 

Rodgers needs to sort things.  He's no mug; these things will be being addressed.  They have not been addressed successfully so far.

Some people on this forum want Rodgers out.  Perhaps they are confident that someone will come in and wave a magic wand.  I am not sure we would be able to get another manager of the same quality.  Our best bet currently is to stick with our FA Cup winning manager. 

Good post.

Look, even Rodgers supporters like me acknowledge he's got things wrong, like the reluctance to play Ihenacho, the treatment of Praet and prioritising Maddison over Praet when both needed games towards the end of the previous season, or the starting line-up against Legia Warsaw by making too many changes in such a key game and surely Barnes and Maddison should have started when Ihenacho was unable to play? 

But far more often that not, he gets it right. He found a solution the previous season when we had lots of defensive injuries so he's got form for sorting it. 

There is a bit of the players feeling sorry for themselves after all the injuries but there is so much to play for and still early days, and with his strong man-management skills, hopefully he can get the team buzzing again, playing a proactive, quick and attractive style. 

On 10/10/2021 at 08:52, Sunbury Fox said:

Not surprising. There's no way any players will leave the Greedy 6 clubs for Newcastle at this point in their development so it would be a good strategy for them to target the best managers and players outside of that 6. That places us in real danger, I think. 

Newcastle have got no chance of signing players from us yet. They are a  step down and we are the bigger club. Trophies don't lie. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Newcastle have got no chance of signing players from us yet. They are a  step down and we are the bigger club. Trophies don't lie. 

No, money doesn't lie. 

Football is all about money now, anything else is background noise. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Good post.

Look, even Rodgers supporters like me acknowledge he's got things wrong, like the reluctance to play Ihenacho, the treatment of Praet and prioritising Maddison over Praet when both needed games towards the end of the previous season, or the starting line-up against Legia Warsaw by making too many changes in such a key game and surely Barnes and Maddison should have started when Ihenacho was unable to play? 

But far more often that not, he gets it right. He found a solution the previous season when we had lots of defensive injuries so he's got form for sorting it. 

There is a bit of the players feeling sorry for themselves after all the injuries but there is so much to play for and still early days, and with his strong man-management skills, hopefully he can get the team buzzing again, playing a proactive, quick and attractive style. 

Just because manager choses a different way doesn't mean it's wrong!!

An understanding fan would give more understanding & have a certain patience, with needs of Selection.

Nacho also has a long season to go..

Vardy will have better performances and conversion rate earlier in the season..Rodgerssy of wanted to hold back on a Vardy/Nacho partnership, and have 2 injury strugglers, in the first 6-10 games..

plus the front men are not the problem,

it's our midfield leaving them dry & our defence can't hold the Bline..

Praet stays for me a mystery,but Rodgers/club & Praet might of discussed his situation .

My thoughts have no more base than the negative opinions of others..But after a successfull season, he has more

Lee-way than seemingly aggressive know-alls bombastic fans are willing to give...

• Like 1

Brendan is still the man and he's got my full support. Two 5th place finishes and F.A Cup win for a club like ours is a damn good achievement. We are well off the standards we've set ourselves though. We've not had one good game this season so he needs to get a grip... Quickly.

9th place is the minimum I expect but it genuinely could be lower than that at this rate. Once we get Fofana, Evans and Justin back we'll be far better though. You'd hope.

• Like 1

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Just because manager choses a different way doesn't mean it's wrong!!

An understanding fan would give more understanding & have a certain patience, with needs of Selection.

Nacho also has a long season to go..

Vardy will have better performances and conversion rate earlier in the season..Rodgerssy of wanted to hold back on a Vardy/Nacho partnership, and have 2 injury strugglers, in the first 6-10 games..

plus the front men are not the problem,

it's our midfield leaving them dry & our defence can't hold the Bline..

Praet stays for me a mystery,but Rodgers/club & Praet might of discussed his situation .

My thoughts have no more base than the negative opinions of others..But after a successfull season, he has more

Lee-way than seemingly aggressive know-alls bombastic fans are willing to give...

Agree with the sentiment, perhaps I should have said things I don't agree with. 

But like you, think Rodgers deserves our patience and understanding. 

4 hours ago, majaco said:

Few managers have won  trophies at Leicester.  Few have finished so high up the table.  Rodgers is clearly a good manager.

There are things that currently need addressing.  Our defence is shaky.  We seem to lack leadership on the pitch. 

Rodgers needs to sort things.  He's no mug; these things will be being addressed.  They have not been addressed successfully so far.

Some people on this forum want Rodgers out.  Perhaps they are confident that someone will come in and wave a magic wand.  I am not sure we would be able to get another manager of the same quality.  Our best bet currently is to stick with our FA Cup winning manager. 

.....you really do not need a magic wand!!!

At long last he has realised the need for a competent right sided player, bringing Lookman in has given us a boost, the problem is Barnes has not regained the confidence he had prior to his injury, which would allow us to be more potent upfront.

We are poor in defence and attack in deadball situations, that is an ongoing problem that should have been resolved on the training pitch a long time ago.

Our problems at the back are somewhat unfortunate and he has brought in a seasoned professional who at the moment has not performed as such, I suspect Rodgers will have to bite the bullet and bring in Tarkowski 6 months earlier than he envisaged.

Rodgers is at present struggling in Europe, and it is a recurring problem for him, that has not get addressed, he has been doing this for far too long, to be consistently out thought by his European counterparts.

The only way that I can see him improving this team is to buy his way out of it.  We have at present Soyuncu, who is unable to keep his head in games and his mentality needs to have been addressed, and the answer cannot be, because Evans is not there to hold his hand.

He has Youri as his general on the pitch but he is not a leader and we desperately need someone to take some initiative out there. A noticeable change from our usual game play was when Hamza put his hand on the ball and took a quick free kick, obviously nothing earth shattering, but we do not do enough of this (thinking for themselves) and you have to wonder what is going on behind closed doors.

KDH now back with us and no doubt fired up at the start of the season, he probably feels like he is back in the U23s again and is being allowed to be around the first team as a reward. There are times when you have to give players a chance, when they are raring to get out there, and choosing not to unleash that confident player at the time where he is most assured of his own abilities shows poor judgment. 

We also need to get Thomas back into the team, he may make mistakes but he has the capacity to learn and will not be learning anything sat on the bench. Last season for him must have been a frightening experience which he took in his stride, only to now be seen as a fringe player, and that is surely going to undermine his confidence.

I do not have much faith that Rodgers will turn this around, there are far too many basics that he doesn't address or perhaps does not see.

It was a mistake not to pay the money and hire Tarkowski. However as I said before he will not come to us unless he is a guaranteed starter. I think that ship has sailed , he will probably go to Newcastle who will pay him more than us , he will be a nailed on starter and quite possibly their captain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

It was a mistake not to pay the money and hire Tarkowski. However as I said before he will not come to us unless he is a guaranteed starter. I think that ship has sailed , he will probably go to Newcastle who will pay him more than us , he will be a nailed on starter and quite possibly their captain.

I think he would be a guaranteed starter as i can't see Evans lasting much longer as the main centre back.

• Like 2