Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Agree.  So what's our message then.  "Sort it out... cast Rodgers out"?

Yeah pretty much. Gotta hope his love for the club is stronger than his loyalty to Rodgers. Let's be honest if Vichai was here this wouldn't even be a discussion 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

This for me is the worst part of our situation. So many fans are losing their passion for the club due to the uninspiring drudgery we have to watch each week allied to the certain knowledge that we will lose. I could accept boring football if it was executed successfully but we’re not even any good at what we’re trying to do.

Walking down to the Forest game on Monday was the quietest I’ve ever seen town ahead of a match. No expectation of entertainment or a result at all. Only picked up a bit once the banter with their fans began outside the ground. 
We’ve been in worse league positions plenty of times in the years I’ve followed Leicester but there was always hope. As things stand Rodgers has extinguished that and that is unacceptable. I have no animosity towards him personally. I’m just disappointed it’s come to this and I guess that sums it up - I should be absolutely raging but I’m not. 

The problem is you may think there is all doom and gloom with the fans, but watching their faces on the terraces before the Forest  match and with all the smiles and joviality going on, you would think it was the 2015/16 season all over again. I just don't get it.

3 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

The problem is you may think there is all doom and gloom with the fans, but watching their faces on the terraces before the Forest  match and with all the smiles and joviality going on, you would think it was the 2015/16 season all over again. I just don't get it.

The acceptance of this shite over the last year or two has been sickening to watch. We're not an ambitious club or fanbase 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm not John Percy. 

Monday morning! 

You know as well as me nothing is going to happen.

A couple of weeks ago we were all getting excited it was over, poised for an announcement.

I ain't deluding myself this time.

The silence is deafening, he's going nowhere.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Yeah, Vichai certainly didn't hang about in sacking Pearson when we were bottom in 2014-15!

The two scenarios aren't at all comparable but if you can't see that then there's really no point discussing it

• Haha 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I still think if we remove Rodgers, drop Danny Ward and give Soyuncu a fresh start under a new manager then we still hit 45-50 points minimum. Caveat on who the manager is obviously but there's plenty who can come in short term and make an impact. 

Who’s this WC coach we want?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I still think if we remove Rodgers, drop Danny Ward and give Soyuncu a fresh start under a new manager then we still hit 45-50 points minimum. Caveat on who the manager is obviously but there's plenty who can come in short term and make an impact. 

If Top acted immediately (he's not) we might just wriggle clear.  But I think Soyuncu is checked out either way.  He wants no part of the club and that's not going to change under a new manager.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

You know as well as me nothing is going to happen.

A couple of weeks ago we were all getting excited it was over, poised for an announcement.

I ain't deluding myself this time.

The silence is deafening, he's going nowhere.

It's the hope more than anything! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Area88 said:

Danny Ward is the biggest problem. A much bigger problem than BR>

Unbelievable comment!

Do you think Ward selects himself?

Same goes for any consistently under performing player, that will happen but a competant manager "rests" such players, what he must not do is continue to play out of form players or those not doing their job, which atm is defending.

To paraphrase a 17th century adage:

One poor performance is a players fault, three consecutive poor performances are the managers fault.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Hope thats tongue in cheek.

If Iversen is better than Ward, surely its Rodgers fault for not picking him?

No I was being deadly serious. I mean, we've been playing so well, especially with how organised we've been for the past 12 months :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Definitely reached a point now where I think I’m past angry, frustrated and tbh confused. We seem stuck in this bizarre cycle of same team, same tactics, same outcome and no one seemingly capable or willing to change it. 

A small part of me would almost welcome the championship for something different. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All we need is an interim to install some belief back into the group. We’ve got a manager who currently doesn’t think this team is any good, which resonated through them. Only Maddison and Daka are producing anything, but madders is the only player Rodgers speaks positively about. 

He will still be here by the time the World Cup starts, by then it will be far too late. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

People have been saying this for weeks. It’s clear he’s not going anywhere sadly

You guys need to get through the denial and bargaining phases and accept he’s here til the World Cup already.

What has the WC to do with it?

Not totally sure where to post this but I find the social media activity of the club intriguing.

After most defeats this season, there has practically been radio silence particularly on twitter for 24 hours after the final whistle. This time, it’s been a steady stream of content.

Very much a change in tactic from the club which I would suspect ties into what something a previous poster stated that they’re only wanting to uphold their reputation as a “do good” club to external parties and are not really taking fans’ opinions into considerations.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

Not totally sure where to post this but I find the social media activity of the club intriguing.

After most defeats this season, there has practically been radio silence particularly on twitter for 24 hours after the final whistle. This time, it’s been a steady stream of content.

Very much a change in tactic from the club which I would suspect ties into what something a previous poster stated that they’re only wanting to uphold their reputation as a “do good” club to external parties and are not really taking fans’ opinions into considerations.

I’m wondering now if Top is organising to sell up.

I think he knows he’s out his depth and his silence possibly speaks volumes 

If we take some of the emotion out of the situation and look at facts, then there is reason to believe that the situation isn't as bad as we might think.  

The facts are that whilst results have been desperately disappointing, we have scored more goals than most teams.  We've scored 15 goals this season.  Wolves have scored 3.  Only the current top 3 have scored comfortably more than us, then Liverpool have scored 18, Newcastle 17 and Brentford 16.

We sit 19th in the table, but there are 6 teams above us within 5 points.  Things can change very quickly in football, especially at the wrong end of the table.

If we could just sort out our woeful defence, there is reason to be optimistic.  We have a set piece coach settling in which will help, we just need to stop making stupid mistakes.

My personal take is that Brendan has lost his passion for the project and I don't think he'll sort it out and needs to go.  The manner of the defeats is the most worrying, and the baffling situation of perfectly good players being frozen out adds to the problems.

If the compensation issue is the reason for keeping him then I can sort of understand sticking with him.  The season is finished.  If we sack Rodgers and get someone new in, the best we'll do is finish mid-table.  On the other hand, save the money, keep Rodgers in the hope that he'll sort the defence out and then finish... mid-table.

Honestly, I am now absolutely sure that our performances, no matter how bad they are won't be the reason for getting rid of him.  I don't think they'll pull the trigger until we are 9 or 10 points from safety or there's no improvement in league position by the world cup.

• Like 2