Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

It's the hope more than anything! 

Yeah, I get that.

Im obviously a lot further down the line than a lot of people and all hope is unfortunately gone any excitement of a pending announcement has been and gone for me, plus as I’ve said the lack and silence of any links, articles even rumours is deafening.

I have to say I’m surprised how quickly/badly you’ve turned in some of your comments! Lol 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

I have to say I’m surprised how quickly/badly you’ve turned in some of your comments! Lol 

It's a seed that perhaps had been sewn a while ago. I was just more hopeful of a turn around and didn't adopt the abusive/nastiness some others did. I tried to see the positive and saw there were some mitigating factors. However, they've passed. The Forest Cup game pushed me over the edge. I wanted him to have the summer to regain some credit and almost start afresh after turbulence. 

But the poor start this season he hasn't done anywhere near enough to even show he's attempted to rectify things. And some of the comments haven't changed - the disdain towards everything that isn't Rodgers is just too much. 

I’m just sick of paying for fuel, food and drinks when we get there to watch that shite all while wasting day out. People aren’t exactly flush at the minute all they want is a decent day out watching football. Had one game we’ve enjoyed this season against forest. Really taking me all my effort to go. Sack him and we’ll fly up that table I’m telling you, the shackles need to be off. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I’m just sick of paying for fuel, food and drinks when we get there to watch that shite all while wasting day out. People aren’t exactly flush at the minute all they want is a decent day out watching football. Had one game we’ve enjoyed this season against forest. Really taking me all my effort to go. Sack him and we’ll fly up that table I’m telling you, the shackles need to be off. 

Don't do it in that case, hit them where it hurts, they are not listening, time to go nuclear, boycott, it's an awful thing to suggest but they need to get the message 

45 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's a seed that perhaps had been sewn a while ago. I was just more hopeful of a turn around and didn't adopt the abusive/nastiness some others did. I tried to see the positive and saw there were some mitigating factors. However, they've passed. The Forest Cup game pushed me over the edge. I wanted him to have the summer to regain some credit and almost start afresh after turbulence. 

But the poor start this season he hasn't done anywhere near enough to even show he's attempted to rectify things. And some of the comments haven't changed - the disdain towards everything that isn't Rodgers is just too much. 

He deserves all the abuse he gets. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, somebum said:

Don't do it in that case, hit them where it hurts, they are not listening, time to go nuclear, boycott, it's an awful thing to suggest but they need to get the message 

I’ve already not even looked at an away game or cup match it’s not worth it just holding on to home games. I back the lads not the manager.

• Like 1

Time is ticking. You’d think it’ll be tonight something breaks if he’s going before Palace. 
The ‘ITK’s’ are very quiet also… can only hope it’s being dealt with behind the scenes, you never normally get leaks from the club but I’m just looking for some hope as opposed to anything concrete at the moment, anything…

Just now, TMELcfc said:

Time is ticking. You’d think it’ll be tonight something breaks if he’s going before Palace. 
The ‘ITK’s’ are very quiet also… can only hope it’s being dealt with behind the scenes, you never normally get leaks from the club but I’m just looking for some hope as opposed to anything concrete at the moment, anything…

:fc: but I doubt it. Top doesn’t give a shit it seems which is sad.

3 hours ago, nnfox said:

If we take some of the emotion out of the situation and look at facts, then there is reason to believe that the situation isn't as bad as we might think.  

The facts are that whilst results have been desperately disappointing, we have scored more goals than most teams.  We've scored 15 goals this season.  Wolves have scored 3.  Only the current top 3 have scored comfortably more than us, then Liverpool have scored 18, Newcastle 17 and Brentford 16.

We sit 19th in the table, but there are 6 teams above us within 5 points.  Things can change very quickly in football, especially at the wrong end of the table.

If we could just sort out our woeful defence, there is reason to be optimistic.  We have a set piece coach settling in which will help, we just need to stop making stupid mistakes.

My personal take is that Brendan has lost his passion for the project and I don't think he'll sort it out and needs to go.  The manner of the defeats is the most worrying, and the baffling situation of perfectly good players being frozen out adds to the problems.

If the compensation issue is the reason for keeping him then I can sort of understand sticking with him.  The season is finished.  If we sack Rodgers and get someone new in, the best we'll do is finish mid-table.  On the other hand, save the money, keep Rodgers in the hope that he'll sort the defence out and then finish... mid-table.

Honestly, I am now absolutely sure that our performances, no matter how bad they are won't be the reason for getting rid of him.  I don't think they'll pull the trigger until we are 9 or 10 points from safety or there's no improvement in league position by the world cup.

Go home Brendan!! 😜

Edited by SafewayFox