Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

For the Palace game perhaps a mass sounding of "Rodgers gets us battered, everywhere we go.........." as a humiliating piss take might sink something into those numbskulls running the club. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, l444ry said:

For the Palace game perhaps a mass sounding of "Rodgers gets us battered, everywhere we go.........." as a humiliating piss take might sink something into those numbskulls running the club. 

I think just constant booing would be enough… 

40 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd be happier if the club weren't sleepwalking into the Championship, yes absolutely.

We’re not even sleepwalking. We’re sprinting towards the championship with our eyes wide open. When we sacked Claudio it was clear he’d lost the plot and was flailing around trying any formation to try and make a difference. With Rodgers he’s not even trying to find an alternative system or solution. His stubbornness will relegate us and everyone can see it except the owners. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 18to18 said:

I open the forum every few hours hoping Top's sacked him.  No news.  It's beginning to affect my actual life.  This is a very hopeless feeling.

I very much doubt the owners will issue any statement that is along the lines of "we would dismiss brendan but his contract demands more money than we can pay ". And I think that is the reason they're staying silent.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

the players want him sacked

Do they? Maddison didn’t speak like someone who wanted him sacked after both the Tottenham game (if anything he stuck up for him) and the Forest game. 

I also think no Rodgers means no Maddison - it’s clear that they have a close bond. 

However, we’ll lose more than Maddison if we don’t achieve Premier League survival. 

I do think we need to cut Top a bit of slack - I don’t think it’s anywhere near as simple as ‘sack the manager and everything changes’, but Rodgers is struggling big time now. 

4 hours ago, nnfox said:

Southgate might be available after the WC.

I've followed LCFC since 1960 but will quit if Southgate ever shows up here. Rodgers has pushed me to the brink but Southgate would be the nail in the coffin. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pedmcl said:

Do they? Maddison didn’t speak like someone who wanted him sacked after both the Tottenham game (if anything he stuck up for him) and the Forest game. 

I also think no Rodgers means no Maddison - it’s clear that they have a close bond. 

However, we’ll lose more than Maddison if we don’t achieve Premier League survival. 

I do think we need to cut Top a bit of slack - I don’t think it’s anywhere near as simple as ‘sack the manager and everything changes’, but Rodgers is struggling big time now. 

Yeah I would certainly say they do 

18 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

We’re not even sleepwalking. We’re sprinting towards the championship with our eyes wide open. When we sacked Claudio it was clear he’d lost the plot and was flailing around trying any formation to try and make a difference. With Rodgers he’s not even trying to find an alternative system or solution. His stubbornness will relegate us and everyone can see it except the owners. 

Difference being also the narrative even from Ranieri himself, the media everyone in 2016 was that Leicester will look to stay up, Rogers even after the "disastrous" summer didn't say we were in a relegation scrap in August as he knew he'd of been laughed at to say that at that time.

4 hours ago, nnfox said:

If we take some of the emotion out of the situation and look at facts, then there is reason to believe that the situation isn't as bad as we might think.  

The facts are that whilst results have been desperately disappointing, we have scored more goals than most teams.  We've scored 15 goals this season.  Wolves have scored 3.  Only the current top 3 have scored comfortably more than us, then Liverpool have scored 18, Newcastle 17 and Brentford 16.

We sit 19th in the table, but there are 6 teams above us within 5 points.  Things can change very quickly in football, especially at the wrong end of the table.

If we could just sort out our woeful defence, there is reason to be optimistic.  We have a set piece coach settling in which will help, we just need to stop making stupid mistakes.

My personal take is that Brendan has lost his passion for the project and I don't think he'll sort it out and needs to go.  The manner of the defeats is the most worrying, and the baffling situation of perfectly good players being frozen out adds to the problems.

If the compensation issue is the reason for keeping him then I can sort of understand sticking with him.  The season is finished.  If we sack Rodgers and get someone new in, the best we'll do is finish mid-table.  On the other hand, save the money, keep Rodgers in the hope that he'll sort the defence out and then finish... mid-table.

Honestly, I am now absolutely sure that our performances, no matter how bad they are won't be the reason for getting rid of him.  I don't think they'll pull the trigger until we are 9 or 10 points from safety or there's no improvement in league position by the world cup.

Whilst I agree with most of what you’ve said , the season’s not finished surely. If you’ve been following the club longer than these halcyon last ten years then a mid table finish with two good cup runs is an average but acceptable season. The cups have yet to come round, and,   as we’ve recently shown are winnable given lucky draws. It’s purely the poor play that’s the worry and that set in before the cup win.

Rodgers out!

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Anyone else refreshing google with the search “Brendan Rodgers sacked” just hoping to catch a glimpse of that breaking news? 😂

No I’ve been studying the championship to see whether or not we’d go straight back up…

Conclusion: No

• Haha 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

Yeah the performances and general effort 

Fair enough if that’s what you see. 

I personally don’t see a lack of effort out there, just poor defensive mistakes and a lack of confidence at times. 

• Like 1

Ffs I've managed to stay away from this forum all day and only looked at my phone for 'breaking news' nothing until now has forced me to see if there are any ITKs pretending to know but there isn't even that! FML!