Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

45 minutes ago, pedmcl said:

Do they? Maddison didn’t speak like someone who wanted him sacked after both the Tottenham game (if anything he stuck up for him) and the Forest game. 

I also think no Rodgers means no Maddison - it’s clear that they have a close bond. 

However, we’ll lose more than Maddison if we don’t achieve Premier League survival. 

I do think we need to cut Top a bit of slack - I don’t think it’s anywhere near as simple as ‘sack the manager and everything changes’, but Rodgers is struggling big time now. 

No player will come out and throw their manager under the bus. It’s not particularly good for future employers to see.

It may not be a case of downing tools, but the players clearly lack any kind of leadership. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

I can't believe how so many, for so long, have failed to see that this day has been inevitable for years. The perhaps ironic part is, that the only reason this Club is not entirely ****ed, at least not yet, is because of Claude Puel. Were it not for his signings, this Club would be in an even worse predicament.

But let's not get it twisted, the Club is in a far worse position that most fans still can't fathom, largely because of Rodgers. Soon we will also be losing Evans, Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy....The entire spine and quality of our side. We simply can't, and won't, be able to replace them and remain at the same level.

The future is bleak, and it's far more likely we return to the Leicester of old, because of the damage Rodgers has done, and the short sightedness of our ownership, who have clearly now exposed themselves to being completely inept with regards to the Footballing side of the Club. Now that we're a Club no longer operating with any remnants of the Pearson/Shakespeare/Walsh era, the ownership looks clueless. 

Brendan Rodgers is the tool that destroyed Pearson's foundations, in the same way Peter Taylor was to O'Neill's. In both regards, the ownership completely took their eye of the ball. 

Yep, this.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

56% possession over the game

Ah, so we won the game of Rodgersball then. Good to know. We ought petition the league to get it converted to points. It's only fair that our "domination" be rewarded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

I can't believe how so many, for so long, have failed to see that this day has been inevitable for years. The perhaps ironic part is, that the only reason this Club is not entirely ****ed, at least not yet, is because of Claude Puel. Were it not for his signings, this Club would be in an even worse predicament.

But let's not get it twisted, the Club is in a far worse position that most fans still can't fathom, largely because of Rodgers. Soon we will also be losing Evans, Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy....The entire spine and quality of our side. We simply can't, and won't, be able to replace them and remain at the same level.

The future is bleak, and it's far more likely we return to the Leicester of old, because of the damage Rodgers has done, and the short sightedness of our ownership, who have clearly now exposed themselves to being completely inept with regards to the Footballing side of the Club. Now that we're a Club no longer operating with any remnants of the Pearson/Shakespeare/Walsh era, the ownership looks clueless. 

Brendan Rodgers is the tool that destroyed Pearson's foundations, in the same way Peter Taylor was to O'Neill's. In both regards, the ownership completely took their eye of the ball. 

One of the great posts of FT

It’s actually becoming beyond astonishing that he’s still here. 

Have the club become arrogant? Allowed themselves to believe we are too big/good to be in trouble? The training ground, stadium expansion all speak to a belief that we need to grow as a club, yet on the pitch it doesn’t seem to matter what happens 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

My opinion is we cannot afford to sack him & his performance is irrelevant. 

Top will hold on for as long as possible & I see that as being at least the World Cup. 

It’ll then of course be too late but it’ll be one last throw of the dice. 

If we cant afford to sack him then we cant afford to be relegated/

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

Rudkin out! I always thought Claude Puel would make a better DOF, he would have been successful in building and managing the structure of a club, compared to being a manager as his man management Is poor 

• Like 3

I think he gets the Palace game unfortunately because the Forest game has given him some credit in the bank. If he wins (not a cat in hells chance with these tactics/personnel) then he continues. Draw or a loss and he is gone. I think 10 games is a marker and the board will act at last. 

I don't want to contemplate life with him if we lose again and he continues. I won't be putting another penny in Tops pocket until he is. 

3 minutes ago, seenitall said:

5th, 5th, 8th buys you time - so does a 4-0 win - losing away after looking pretty good in the first hour or so probably buys you a bit more as well 

If the Bournemouth game has bought him more time in the board's eyes then the situation is worse than any of us could have imagined

I get the feeling that the upper management at LCFC thought they had hit a home run & were heading for the big time when they snagged Rodgers from Celtic. I now feel that they are struggling with the realization that they were  sold a pup. They bought into the whole "Top Manager" syndrome & now have to pull the trigger & admit they got it wrong.  We are now a mess after allowing Rodgers to run the show.   Time to suck it up & get rid of the fraud !! 

Hopefully the next manager will have time to put a few things right. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Which players do we think are 'Team Brendan' and which do we think are totally opposite?

I'd love to think the latter outweighs those who back Rodgers. 

The players wanting him out is probably easier to guess - Praet, Kel, Cags, Mendy, Perez, Castagne, Iverson

Big Dan will be team Brendan 😁

I reckon he has a close bond with Madders too and maybe KDH but other than that I hope the rest are aware of the situation and need for change. 

Something happened with Kasper too .....