Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

47 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I get the feeling that the upper management at LCFC thought they had hit a home run & were heading for the big time when they snagged Rodgers from Celtic. I now feel that they are struggling with the realization that they were  sold a pup. They bought into the whole "Top Manager" syndrome & now have to pull the trigger & admit they got it wrong.  We are now a mess after allowing Rodgers to run the show.   Time to suck it up & get rid of the fraud !! 

Hopefully the next manager will have time to put a few things right. 

I've said before, Rodger's time at Liverpool was a short lived success. He got them 2nd in the PL but then tailed off and struggled to maintain the level and  got sacked after several poor performances in the following season.

He was taken on by Celtic who were successful in the SPL and were unbeaten and got 2 trebles in his tenure. Sounds good, right

Liverpool were already on the up when he took over. Celtic came 2nd IIRC, the following season.

We coaxed him here with a £10 million contract. He was on a downward spiral with Celtic and of course they let him go.

It's only MHO but I think he's a manager that succeeds where the teams he manages are already successful and once he establishes his regime, it goes badly wrong. And that's where we are now.

Edited by Parafox

He isn't going to walk sadly. He needs the £10m payout cos he knows no big club will touch him after this so needs a tidy retirement fund.

It's an expensive divorce for Top to issue proceedings on, but if he doesn't we'll be even further fvcked once we bumble into the Championship.

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I've said before, Rodger's time at Liverpool was a short lived success. He got them 2nd in the PL but then tailed off and struggled to maintain the level and  got sacked after several poor performances in the following season.

He was taken on by Celtic who were successful in the SPL and were unbeaten and got 2 trebles in his tenure. Sounds good, right

Liverpool were already on the up when he took over. He managed to drag them down from 2nd place and was seriously struggling before Celtic. Celtic!!

We coaxed him here with a £10 million contract. He was on a downward spiral with Celtic and of course they let him go.

It's only MHO but I think he's a manager that succeeds where the teams he manages are already successful and once he establishes his regime, it goes badly wrong. And that's where we are now

Correction.  That’s where we were last season.  We are now at a point with Rodger’s where no club had gone before.  

• Like 4

The thing that pisses me of about Brendan the most recently is that he’s lost us loads of money. It’s not just the bad signings. It’s also the loss of what should have been big names out—Soyuncu and Tielemans—who are now leaving on a free after refusing probably wisely to sign new contracts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

It's the feeling of apathy, not being bothered and boredom with the game that hurts.

It's many peoples hobby and to all of sudden hate despise a hobby, something you used to love and be so passionate about is a horrible feeling.

I can deal with us being shit, i've watched us be shit for most of my time as a fan, what I can't deal with is being bored of the football we play and the game in general.

The new bloke at Leeds always hits the nail on the head with this. Fans want to be entertained. No fan wants to fork out their hard earned cash to watch their side just pass it around the back until they lose possession. 

Fans want to see end to end stuff. Rodgers style of play is the total opposite. In my opinion he just attempts to grind teams down by keeping possession for large periods of the game in the hope our opponents have a lapse in concentration and gift us a goal.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

The thing that pisses me of about Brendan the most recently is that he’s lost us loads of money. It’s not just the bad signings. It’s also the loss of what should have been big names out—Soyuncu and Tielemans—who are now leaving on a free after refusing probably wisely to sign new contracts.

Do we know for certain that we've even had bids for Tielemans and Soyuncu? You can't sell what nobody wants to buy.

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

I can't believe how so many, for so long, have failed to see that this day has been inevitable for years. The perhaps ironic part is, that the only reason this Club is not entirely ****ed, at least not yet, is because of Claude Puel. Were it not for his signings, this Club would be in an even worse predicament.

But let's not get it twisted, the Club is in a far worse position that most fans still can't fathom, largely because of Rodgers. Soon we will also be losing Evans, Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy....The entire spine and quality of our side. We simply can't, and won't, be able to replace them and remain at the same level.

The future is bleak, and it's far more likely we return to the Leicester of old, because of the damage Rodgers has done, and the short sightedness of our ownership, who have clearly now exposed themselves to being completely inept with regards to the Footballing side of the Club. Now that we're a Club no longer operating with any remnants of the Pearson/Shakespeare/Walsh era, the ownership looks clueless. 

Brendan Rodgers is the tool that destroyed Pearson's foundations, in the same way Peter Taylor was to O'Neill's. In both regards, the ownership completely took their eye of the ball. 

I agree with some of this but Puel taking the credit for the signings is very very convenient. Eduardo Macia was hugely responsible as well, but Puel did look to buy in to the rebuild and was certainly a huge factor in getting Ricardo and Tielemans here. He wanted Vardy gone though so it negates any good he did.

I so badly wish Rodgers had gone after we won the FA Cup, why oh why couldn't Spurs have really pushed more for him. He has now destroyed all the good he's done here and we are now in a much worse position than when he joined, we're as bad as we've ever been in the PL since our return.

• Like 3

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Do we know for certain that we've even had bids for Tielemans and Soyuncu? You can't sell what nobody wants to buy.

Why would teams spend when they can sign them for free from Jan 1st. Neither are quite good enough for the big 6 so they'll both likely move abroad. Although I could see Newcastle trying to bag Youri

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Why would teams spend when they can sign them for free from Jan 1st. Neither are quite good enough for the big 6 so they'll both likely move abroad. Although I could see Newcastle trying to bag Youri

Exactly. If we were going to sell them, summer 2021 would probably have been the last point at which we could have got decent fees. But I guarantee our fans would have lost their collective sh*t if we'd sold them then. As fans we can't have it both ways.

10 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Is that regular article for Mr Percy then at this time?  Then again guess it’s for Monday’s papers

Usually around 10/11pm the headlines and front/back pages are released. And there's usually some release of news too.

30 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

@themightyfinsays he should be gone

in 48 hours (so tomorrow as stated it yesterday).  Unfortunately don’t think it will happen though

We all know he should be gone O want to see a definite "will be gone"...followed by the sympathy of all the media calling it a shameful sacking etc..

Too stubborn to play the style we need to get out of this which is low block and counter.

You also can’t play this 4-3-3 with these players. Maddison roaming, Tielemans non existent engine and poor passer Ndidi/Soumare (who doesn’t track), with full backs bombing on. Don’t even get me started on Barnes. These issues leave us out of shape most of the time and constant turnovers gift the opposition ample space to exploit. Throw in a shit keeper who is over-egging everything to show he’s not Kasper and under BR we go down 100%.

I am all for Dyche-ball or similar. Stay up and start again under a decent manager in the summer. 

Iversen

Castagne

Evans/Vestergaard
Soyuncu/Faes

Thomas 

Tielemans

KDH

Albrighton

Maddison 

Barnes

Vardy

Defend first and quick counter. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hales said:

The players wanting him out is probably easier to guess - Praet, Kel, Cags, Mendy, Perez, Castagne, Iverson

Big Dan will be team Brendan 😁

I reckon he has a close bond with Madders too and maybe KDH but other than that I hope the rest are aware of the situation and need for change. 

Something happened with Kasper too .....

I'd love to know Vardy's honest opinion. And Kasper's for that matter

• Like 2