Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Nowhere near. Palace doesn't hold the same gravitas as Forest. Let alone it being a night game. 

Can't remember the last 12.30 Saturday game we won. 

I simply meant win or bust type scenario. I obviously didn't mean beating Palace means as much as beating Forest. But it does in terms of Rodgers keeping his job or not. 

I could honestly see a scenario where we get rid of him and don't actually replace him with anyone for weeks and us all wondering what the **** is going on again. Would be typical of the club at the minute. 

46 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Starting from the Top.

Yep. He's revealed serious flaws that I think even if we pull away from this, it's eventually going to catch us. You just can't get away with this level of ineptness and expect things to keep being good.

33 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I simply meant win or bust type scenario. I obviously didn't mean beating Palace means as much as beating Forest. But it does in terms of Rodgers keeping his job or not. 

I could honestly see a scenario where we get rid of him and don't actually replace him with anyone for weeks and us all wondering what the **** is going on again. Would be typical of the club at the minute. 

I think it'd be a Gary O'Neil like scenario where we flirt with the idea of appointing said caretaker manager again. I think simply removing Rodgers adds a lot to us at the minute.

• Like 1

I'll be rooting for Palace to rip us a new one, and unapologetically too.  This club is in desperate trouble and while a managerial change isn't enough to save it, it's the single most important act that could at least give it a chance.  Getting rid of the cretin-in-chief must take priority over all else.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Wishfully hoping today is the day, was hoping to wake to media articles that a  decision to change manager had been made and then await official announcement but nothing I have seen to suggest there is anything in the media circles as yet. Only hope is given the circumstances and the gravity of the situation the club has closed ranks and that leaking something of this magnitude to someone like Percy would be disrespectful. Let’s hope by 10am this morning he has cleared his desk and his exit is breaking news. 

What is Rodgers smoking? lol

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/brendan-rodgers-leicester-foxes-premier-league-bournemouth-b2199065.html

Rodgers believes he is the right man to revive his lowly side’s fortunes and remains confident they will eventually escape danger.

“I am not thinking about it,” he said of relegation. “We are a very strong group and I believe that we will gradually take ourselves away from it.

“(Saturday) was an opportunity and we didn’t do that but I am not thinking in that mindset.

“The players will tell you that I am very motivated to help and support them, but we have to find a greater consistency.

“Adversity always helps you because it is then how you react. For me it is important to stay calm with it.

“It is not easy, that’s for sure, but it is my job to lead the team through and out of it.”

“It’s part of the job,” said the former Watford, Reading, Swansea, Liverpool and Celtic boss, referring to setbacks.

“The game has been very generous to me and I still have hopefully got a good number of years to manage. It’s never all going to go your way.

“I have been fortunate in my career to have won some trophies and won some big games and this will now be another challenge.

“I have been in this position probably once before in my career, in my very first job at Watford and this here is a similar challenge

“It’s something that I am embracing and I want to show that we can get through this.”

Puel’s final 10 games:

4 points from 4 games against the big 6

Beat Everton away

Lost to Southampton at home

0 points from 2 games against promoted sides

Lost to League 2 Newport in the cup

Smashed by Palace at home

Rodgers 10 games with Palace:

0 points from 4 games against the big 6

Lost to Brighton away

Lost to Southampton at home

3 points from 2 games against promoted sides

Penalty win against League 2 Stockport in the cup

*Palace at home

Just makes sense for us to get battered by Palace and for Rodgers to finally get sacked

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

@KFShighlighted some of the issues for me.

We set up mainly for possession, we can look good going forward with the ball, we can control a match with our possession. The problem arises when we loose possession (what Rodgers calls 'lack of quality' or 'mistakes', and I'll call a natural occurrence in a game of football) Then we have no control. We're so committed to attack, and pressing, that we've no defensive shape. This is quickly exploited and we're scrambling, our minimal defensive line exposed. 

I remember Martin O'Neill saying that we had to learn to play well without the ball. I don't think Rodgers even thinks in those terms. For him, 'death by football' means 100% possession, what you do with the ball. His game is easily frustrated by a team that can hold their shape, block the lines and spaces, and defend as a unit - i.e without the ball. Something we did so well in our championship season.

Rodgersball is idealism, fine to aim at but practically unattainable, if you want to win games with goals rather than possession stats that is.

Edited by taupe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/brendan-rodgers-leicester-foxes-premier-league-bournemouth-b2199065.html

Rodgers believes he is the right man to revive his lowly side’s fortunes and remains confident they will eventually escape danger.

“I am not thinking about it,” he said of relegation. “We are a very strong group and I believe that we will gradually take ourselves away from it.

“(Saturday) was an opportunity and we didn’t do that but I am not thinking in that mindset.

“The players will tell you that I am very motivated to help and support them, but we have to find a greater consistency.

“Adversity always helps you because it is then how you react. For me it is important to stay calm with it.

“It is not easy, that’s for sure, but it is my job to lead the team through and out of it.”

“It’s part of the job,” said the former Watford, Reading, Swansea, Liverpool and Celtic boss, referring to setbacks.

“The game has been very generous to me and I still have hopefully got a good number of years to manage. It’s never all going to go your way.

“I have been fortunate in my career to have won some trophies and won some big games and this will now be another challenge.

“I have been in this position probably once before in my career, in my very first job at Watford and this here is a similar challenge

“It’s something that I am embracing and I want to show that we can get through this.”

With shite like this being spouted those who were hoping for a sacking today will be disappointed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

You could listen to this guy all day long:facepalm:

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If we need to lose to Palace to get rid then we need to lose.

But I do think regardless, even when he goes, we've revealed some major issues that are beyond Rodgers in the last couple of months.

Actively wanting your team to lose, wow what a super fan you are. Appalling attitude. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BigMicky said:

Actively wanting your team to lose, wow what a super fan you are. Appalling attitude. 

Not really if it's for the long term greater good. Being content to ignore matters on the basis of a single win against a poor side is far more appalling to me. That's merely head in the sand, are you an ostrich 🤣

Just now, BigMicky said:

Maybe so but it's a terrible way to approach it. I want to win every game regardless of who is in charge. For the record I want Rodgers gone. 

i hate the whole situation, how bad must it be if genuine fans are even contemplating wanting us to lose. for what its worth, I never felt like this under Taylor, or any of the dross managers we had in the chamionship a bit later

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Not really if it's for the long term greater good. Being content to ignore matters on the basis of a single win against a poor side is far more appalling to me. That's merely head in the sand, are you an ostrich 🤣

The greater good is winning every game that we play. Not wanting us to lose. 

I'm not content and I'm not ignoring matters. Regardless of what, how, who, when and where. I will always want the win. 

• Like 1

Just now, ParkerPen said:

i hate the whole situation, how bad must it be if genuine fans are even contemplating wanting us to lose. for what its worth, I never felt like this under Taylor, or any of the dross managers we had in the chamionship a bit later

I agree entirely about those feelings, it's rubbish at the moment but we have seen and been through a lot worse. You can't be a genuine fan if you want the team to lose. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

Then, with respect, I think you've lost some perspective somewhere. I have certainly felt this bad (and worse) about us in the past.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

If someone wants us to lose, are they a genuine fan?

Yes of course they are.

They don’t want us to lose for no reason.

Its so that the Board can finally get its finger out of its arris and sack Dodgers.

If we believe that he won’t be sacked ANYWAY then the argument holds no water anyway.

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

If someone wants us to lose, are they a genuine fan?

When it affects the long term future?

Course they are, they still want what’s best for the club and that’s him being sacked, now they aren’t sacking him after 2 years of awful football and now lots of losses but there comes a breaking point - that unfortunately is out of our hands.

This is now on Top and the board.

• Like 1