Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

The greater good is winning every game that we play. Not wanting us to lose. 

I'm not content and I'm not ignoring matters. Regardless of what, how, who, when and where. I will always want the win. 

No problem, we just differ, each to their own. But, the occasional win won't be good enough and quite frankly, we shouldn't, with the squad we have, even contemplate relegation. The situation could lead to many of our players wanting to leave and not being able to attract suitable replacements or a decent manager. The latter points are the biggest worry for me. I'd sooner sacrifice a solitary win for the avoidance of it.

• Like 1

Sigh.....

This wanting us to lose "so he will be sacked" rubbish is boring nonsense.

It's like saying "I'm not leaving the house until l win the lottery" and expecting it to make a difference!

We have no control over the decision and it's pretty obvious now that he isn't going to be sacked win, lose or draw.

Sane supporters want us to win and leave the decisions to those that make them!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If we lose to palace. The fans will turn and it will be very loud.

The losses need to be at home because 1/2000 singing at an away game clearly isn't enough.

Come on Paddy Viera, tear us a new one from the off. We're there to be had.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

They’re now posting his match thoughts from the game on social media so no way he’s going. What a farce

We are in a worse position than Forest in the table now because they are on the same points with a home game in hand. 

10 minutes ago, J. James said:

Sigh.....

It's like saying "I'm not leaving the house until l win the lottery" and expecting it to make a difference!

We have no control over the decision and it's pretty obvious now that he isn't going to be sacked win, lose or draw.

It's also like saying I'm not going for my vaccines as the needle hurts.

On 08/10/2022 at 18:37, Mickyblueeyes said:

He’ll be here next game. We have so much wrong with this club. I’ll be shocked if he is gone. 

Ben Jacobs on Twitter has said the ownership group. You know those ****s who gave us Ward in goal and Faes as our only signing. wanted 6 points from three. The three, Forest. Bournemouth and Palace. Just think about that. These ****s who put us in this position have dropped standards so dramatically that after the absolute shit we’ve been served this season, a defeat here was “acceptable” as long as we beat Palace. 3 teams in and around the bottom 3! Ben Jacobs is a tit too so don’t know who to believe. 

We need to clear out more than ****ing Rodgers!

Maybe Ben Jacobs is right and the owners really did tell Rodgers they wanted six points from Forest, Bournemouth and Palace? It would explain why he's not gone yet. If true, Saturday will be make or break.

• Like 1

“We just need to cut out the mistakes” is akin to saying “we just need to stop losing”. What a load of nonsense.

Also cannot believe the amount of support he gets from the Facebook demographic. “Who would we get?” they ask, without a hint of irony that he was outwitted by Bournemouth caretaker manager Gary O’Neil that has turned things around by simply not being Scott Parker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I can't remember a manager performing this badly, for this long, and still seemingly being at no risk of termination?

Does anyone in recent years come close? We have 4 points from an available 27 for **** sake.

What about Pearson before the great escape? It seemed like a long drought, though I can’t remember the stats. At least some of the performances were good though even though we lost.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

24 minutes ago, J. James said:

Sigh.....

It's actually nothing like that at all.  But by all means, call everyone who disagrees with you insane - that's constructive.

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

What about Pearson before the great escape? It seemed like a long drought, though I can’t remember the stats. At least some of the performances were good though even though we lost.

19 points from 29 games prior to the West Ham win. 0.66 PPG. 

Brendan currently 4 points from 9 games. 0.44 PPG. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

There were two main differences between then and now.  One was, as you've said the performances were generally ok, we never got battered by anyone.  The other was that we were a newly promoted team hoping to survive.  I think we had a run of 12 defeats in 13 games that season?  But they were all quite close.

Now the performances are terrible, we regularly get embarrassed by losing from winning positions, and over the intervening 7 seasons we have put together a squad that won the league and the cup and played in a European semi final and a Champios League quarter final.  We should be challenging for European football, not hoping to survive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If he is somehow still here for the Man City game, the 9-0 record is surely going to be broken.

At some point this season, I'm certain that Haarland will score 6 goals in a single game.  I'm really not looking forward to that game.

Shocked that he is still in a job, genuinely concerned that we are in a really bad state off the pitch.. otherwise why is the club so patient with this man?!

He just needs to go, looks like the Forest game masked the situation for Top. I just don't trust the ownership or board of this club to act with the best interests of the club.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If he is somehow still here for the Man City game, the 9-0 record is surely going to be broken.

Was thinking the same last night, they'll put 10 past someone this season I think. 

Hopefully that someone isn't us 🤣