Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The mere fact that the last “x amount” of pages on here have been us arguing amongst ourselves as wanting to lose a game to get rid/rhetorical scenarios etc perfectly summarise how toxic Rodgers has made OUR club.

I’m genuinely getting angrier at Top/the board as much as Rodgers recently.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 2

Quite simply we missed out on Champions League football and the riches it brings. Summer 2021 we gambled £65m on players without selling as in previous seasons and they haven't contributed anything.

So to sum it up, poor transfer decisions, loss of income resulting it the standard of performance going down. 

We have it in us to get out of this mess but a lot more sleeves will have to be rolled up, combined with better team selection and sensible tactics applied. Can this manager do it. I believe so but  he will have to change his ways and quickly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If he is somehow still here for the Man City game, the 9-0 record is surely going to be broken.

It won't.

Anyway, I'm more scared of losing to Leeds and Wolves.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It's actually nothing like that at all.  But by all means, call everyone who disagrees with you insane - that's constructive.

Well, doing the same thing over and over (hoping we lose) and expecting a different outcome..... Hmmmm what is that called now? 🤔

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Brighton scored 6 against us tbf. Absolutely no reason City can't get a bucket load against us. 

Every game is different. Manchester City might get 3 or 4 but it won't be 9.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Quite simply we missed out on Champions League football and the riches it brings. Summer 2021 we gambled £65m on players without selling as in previous seasons and they haven't contributed anything.

So to sum it up, poor transfer decisions, loss of income resulting it the standard of performance going down. 

We have it in us to get out of this mess but a lot more sleeves will have to be rolled up, combined with better team selection and sensible tactics applied. Can this manager do it. I believe so but  he will have to change his ways and quickly.

Missing out on Champions League Football is a blessing in disguise, had we reached the UCL that season, we would now be in even more financial trouble. We saw how much damage the extra finance from the Europa League has cost us, the damage from the main European Competition would have been far greater. Your short sightedness is the same narrative that people have mistakenly fallen into for his entire reign. The 'Mess' we're in isn't just because we sit 19th in the table, that's almost irrelevant here. The real 'Mess' is that in the next 12-24 months, we will be losing Soyuncu, Evans, Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy and possibly Barnes/KDH/Castagne too. Rodgers can't 'Turn this around', because he has no history of building a Squad of players, in fact he has a reputation at every Club of instigating decline.

- "If only we finished higher in the League....."

- "If only we invested more...."

Can you not see that the two messages above are false? We're proof of that. Rodgers has finished higher consistently that any other manager, and has also had more backing than any other manager, yet we're in the worst position we have been in since our last Premier League era. More investment for Rodgers, simply means more debt for the Club because he's unable to identify players that will improve us, he's unable to coach improvement and more importantly that either he's too arrogant to put people in place to help with either one. Rodgers is a Child of Mourinho, not Pep, we must not forget this and fall for the false media narrative. Our only hope, is that after Rodgers is gone, he becomes to Top, what Sven was to Vichai, an immensely expensive lesson.

Nigel Pearson and Martin O'Neill are the two greatest managers in our Clubs history, the fact some were recently claiming Rodgers is comparable with them is a disgrace, but do you know why? Pearson and O'Neill not only delegated responsibility to people who they could acknowledge were better at their roles, but they also took full responsibility when something went wrong....Rodgers's ego means he is unable to do either, let alone both. Pearson knew Walsh was far better at recruitment so let him do that, whilst O'Neill pretty much never took training as he knew others were far better at that role. But whenever Pearson signed a dud, or O'Neill had a poor performance, they didn't throw the staff under the bus, they took it on themselves. Whereas Rodgers points the finger at anyone else, whenever possible. When Pearson had the altercation with the fan, and told him to FOAD, whether rightly or wrongly, he wasn't afraid to defend himself. Rodgers would've hid behind Kolo Toure and pointed at Chris Davies. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Never in a million years my friend, I'm sorry to say.

I agree with your analysis, but what your are stating should have happened 18Mts ago, and the first and most important step for any of it to even happen would be, the vile, cretinous, little dwarf would have to admit he's got all, or even some of your points wrong.

But judging by the BS that spills out of his mouth week after week he's far to arrogant to even admit anything even needs rectifying.

Remember, Brenden has 'Mary Poppins Syndrome' and thinks he's fu*king practically perfect in every fu*King way  and all of our current woes are because of everyone else failing. Not him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Never in a million years my friend, I'm sorry to say.

I agree with your analysis, but what your are stating should have happened 18Mts ago, and the first and most important step for any of it to even happen would be, the vile, cretinous, little dwarf would have to admit he's got all, or even some of your points wrong.

But judging by the BS that spills out of his mouth week after week he's far to arrogant to even admit anything even needs rectifying.

Remember, Brenden has 'Mary Poppins Syndrome' and thinks he's fu*king practically perfect in every fu*King way  and all of our current woes are because of everyone else failing. Not him.

You are probably right

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walshie is God said:

We just have to admit it, he isnt going anywhere until the break for the world cup and then its questionable, the guy has something over the club it would seem

Its money. The club are terrified with parting with any sort of amount at the minute.

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

This is a massive false flag I think. I highly doubt the Champions League money would’ve been enough to make a difference. We’d have gone in as 4th seeds and likely crashed out in the groups, it wouldn’t be like 2017.

Maccabi Haifa, FC Copenhagen or even Rangers or Celtic are hardly rolling in it just for making the CL groups a few times, are they? Losing in the groups in the CL doesn’t bring in *that* much more than reaching the latter stages of the EL/Conf.L.

Ultimately our wage bill was unsustainably big for a club of our size. I don’t think 1 or 2 seasons in the CL groups would change that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabfox said:

Was thinking the same last night, they'll put 10 past someone this season I think. 

Hopefully that someone isn't us 🤣

They have Dortmund away in the midweek prior so will hopefully still be tired from that. Even though the following weeks champions league game won’t matter as they’ll have top spot in the group confirmed by then, I think they’ll still ‘declare’ and take it easy at around 4 or 5 against us and save players for that CL match. Each win in the CL generates >€2m so they’ll want to go for that 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, J. James said:

Well, doing the same thing over and over (hoping we lose) and expecting a different outcome..... Hmmmm what is that called now? 🤔

That's two bobbins 'anologies'...

The original staying at home/lottery one is just plain weird but describes one thing that has no effect on another (well, unless you only buy your lottery tickets in person)*, and the maybe-Einstein one assumes the base conditions are the same at the point any actions are repeated.

For the former, us losing another games will have some effect on Rodgers tenure - they are clearly interrelated. For the second, we wouldn't be starting the game after it in the same position - he will have chewed up more of whatever leeway he's being given. 

Ultimately you're making a call as to how many losses the board will put up with. I hope we win every game, but I can't see how it would be that suprising if a loss against Palace was the threshold.

* I'm being charitable with the first one - because it could be read as 'there's no point expressing a desire for a future outcome if expressing it doesn't actually alter the outcome'. Which is surely too bizarre a thing to say on a football forum of all things

Has anything happened? Why are the club just pretending that nothing is wrong?

Haven't read a single genuine article from a journalist that's close to the club that has reported anything but business as usual.

Can't wait for Saturday and for Zaha to put Palace 1-0 up after 10 minutes. The crowd will be livid. Surely to Christ it'll be enough to get Rodgers sacked.

Monday just gone was 100% the players and the fans. We cannot let Rodgers carry on. The Fans have to step up again on Saturday and show Top that the message is that we'll back the players but Rodgers OUT.

9 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Sacking Rodgers won't evict him from living rent free in your heads.

Personally looking forward to the bit where the 'oh were we wrong' threads start up when he starts amazingly at his new job... because we will all have forgotten that's literally what he does at every new job then tails off.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Has anything happened? Why are the club just pretending that nothing is wrong?

Haven't read a single genuine article from a journalist that's close to the club that has reported anything but business as usual.

Can't wait for Saturday and for Zaha to put Palace 1-0 up after 10 minutes. The crowd will be livid. Surely to Christ it'll be enough to get Rodgers sacked.

Monday just gone was 100% the players and the fans. We cannot let Rodgers carry on. The Fans have to step up again on Saturday and show Top that the message is that we'll back the players but Rodgers OUT.

Players can fvck off as well. Or at least some of them.

I don't believe in this backing players but not manager. They're all as bad as each other.

• Haha 1