Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

33 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Has anything happened? Why are the club just pretending that nothing is wrong?

Haven't read a single genuine article from a journalist that's close to the club that has reported anything but business as usual.

Can't wait for Saturday and for Zaha to put Palace 1-0 up after 10 minutes. The crowd will be livid. Surely to Christ it'll be enough to get Rodgers sacked.

Monday just gone was 100% the players and the fans. We cannot let Rodgers carry on. The Fans have to step up again on Saturday and show Top that the message is that we'll back the players but Rodgers OUT.

He tore us apart in the 4-1 that got Puel sacked

Honestly expecting exactly the same on Saturday but Rodgers will somehow stay in charge

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Our finance director is called 'Capper' if that relates to @themightyfin head spinning reference lol 

I imagine he's currently the one having an absolute shit fit at the prospect of firing and hiring costs (for an entire team of staff remember...)

Can't we keep the others and just use them as training dummies or something? We'll get more use out of them

I think whatever metric or rationale is behind not sacking Rodgers, it is completely unknown to most of us. Maybe it's money, maybe it's loyalty, maybe it's even belief. Whatever it is, I have no option but to wait and see. I can't however hope that we drop more points in the event that that triggers it. I don't want us to lose to Palace (for any reason) but I can't see us winning it either.

53 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Sacking Rodgers won't evict him from living rent free in your heads.

He's gonna be in mine forever, but as long as I don't have to see his dry chapped lips and notebook in our dugout again, I'll be happy. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Haven't read a single genuine article from a journalist that's close to the club that has reported anything but business as usual.

Can't wait for Saturday and for Zaha to put Palace 1-0 up after 10 minutes. The crowd will be livid. Surely to Christ it'll be enough to get Rodgers sacked.

Monday just gone was 100% the players and the fans. We cannot let Rodgers carry on. The Fans have to step up again on Saturday and show Top that the message is that we'll back the players but Rodgers OUT.

No we will be 1 or 2 up at half time then he will work his usual magic and we will concede 2 - 3 second half

Relegation will cost a lot more than changing management.

Once a manager has lost the confidence and support of his team then he cannot expect peak performance from them.  A disillusioned, unmotivated and underconfident player is much more likely to make more mistakes and perform poorly than a fully engaged, motivated and confident player.  Players will try out of professional pride but when things go wrong they will have little resilience.

So no matter what attributes BR may have as a manager, the circumstances we are in now demand his replacement.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

They have Dortmund away in the midweek prior so will hopefully still be tired from that. Even though the following weeks champions league game won’t matter as they’ll have top spot in the group confirmed by then, I think they’ll still ‘declare’ and take it easy at around 4 or 5 against us and save players for that CL match. Each win in the CL generates >€2m so they’ll want to go for that 

Yeah fair point mate, quite excited to see Halaand live in the flesh tbh. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigMicky said:

Actively wanting your team to lose, wow what a super fan you are. Appalling attitude. 

I mean I'm not expecting much from your IQ given your previous on here but it really isn't that hard to work out, even for you.

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

They're clearly worried about their lord and saviour losing his job 

If it takes the place going toxic at home for the message to be hammered home that we need a change then it's a sacrifice that needs making. I mean it didn't do us much harm in 2019 did it?

I take no pleasure in it but that's on the club. It should never have come to this and yet here we are.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I mean I'm not expecting much from your IQ given your previous on here but it really isn't that hard to work out, even for you.

As I said, it's a terrible attitude to have, wanting your team to lose isn't an attribute of a super fan such as yourself Daniel. Unfortunately you can't have it both ways and that really isn't that hard to work out, even for you. 

• Like 1

I logged onto my computer today sort of expecting/hoping Rodgers was sacked. At this point I feel for LCFC's loyal supporters. I fear this is not going to end well for anyone who cares about the club.  The fact that he's still wtih the club should set off alarm bells all over. Personally I think the club is in even worse financial shape than is widely believed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ely fox said:

We are in a worse position than Forest in the table now because they are on the same points with a home game in hand. 

Kinda hoping for a Forest win tonight.

Might be the tipping point plus I can’t stand Villa.

Plus they might get rid of Gerrard and come in for Rodgers :fc:

:crylaugh:

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Ostrich FC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricey said:

It's pure and utter negligence at this stage.

For me Saturday was worse than if we lost to Forest. The Forest result gave us a springboard and a boost in confidence to turn a corner, but instead it reverted back to the type the very next match. As I feared, the Forest result was down to the atmosphere and the chance for revenge.

His comments after the match were so telling. Apparently we lost because our passing wasn't up to scratch. That is all he has, that is all he can see. To him football is only about possession and everything else will resolve itself if we get our passing right, but the problem is we don't have the quality of player to be able to control every 90 minutes and when we go through periods in a match where that control isn't there then the whole stack of cards comes crashing down, as they players aren't trained or prepared for it.

No manager has ever got to this point and turned it round. Every match he survives the more damage is done and the more the fans will turn against Top. The whole situation is a complete and utter disaster all round.

It is literally the only way you could get relegated with this squad and we're going to do it. It's negligence. That's the word.

He's so delusional. He wants to try and run a game down by simply passing the ball about for 90 minutes. How many times does he need to see it cave in before he realises it doesn't work for us? No running the clock down. No breaking the game up. Just pass it around continuously for the game and it'll all be OK. It's naivety I'd expect from an excitable 15 year old after watching a tifo football video about tiki taka.

22 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Anyone else refreshing google with the search “Brendan Rodgers sacked” just hoping to catch a glimpse of that breaking news? 😂

I keep refreshing this forum.  It's easier.  I'm likely going to drive myself mad.