Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

34 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I've heard that Rodgers stepdaughter will be moving schools to Manchester after half term...no idea if it's significant. 

Pretty sure Kasper lives up that way in Alderley Edge in Cheshire, and Rodgers has a massive property portfolio that probably has houses up that way anyway

They can car pool to training :thumbup:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure Kasper lives up that way in Alderley Edge in Cheshire, and Rodgers has a massive property portfolio that probably has houses up that way anyway

They can car pool to training :thumbup:

Is he still Klopp's landlord?

One of Rodgers' children goes to a school near to the training ground.

Doubt that he'll want to swap a place of education for their children in case they may become unsettled etc.

Edited by Wymsey

12 hours ago, majaco said:

Few managers have won  trophies at Leicester.  Few have finished so high up the table.  Rodgers is clearly a good manager.

There are things that currently need addressing.  Our defence is shaky.  We seem to lack leadership on the pitch. 

Rodgers needs to sort things.  He's no mug; these things will be being addressed.  They have not been addressed successfully so far.

Some people on this forum want Rodgers out.  Perhaps they are confident that someone will come in and wave a magic wand.  I am not sure we would be able to get another manager of the same quality.  Our best bet currently is to stick with our FA Cup winning manager. 

Here, here.

He is a very good manager and we’d be lucky to find his equal let alone better. 

He does have his flaws and I think they hold him back from being a great manager. Again, we are lucky. 

However, at some point the players themselves have to step up. Many are just not performing and they need to look at themselves too. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Is he still Klopp's landlord?

EDIT - (fake news) Yep. Klopp has never intended to stick around forever and has suggested he’s off once his present deals ends.

You’d think at some point in the 6 or so years he’s been here he’d have bought a house! 
Claudio made a killing selling his Leicester house 🤪

Edited by shanetko
False info

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think Liverpool bought it off Rodgers for £3m or something like that and let live Klopp live in it for free (not sure if he still lives there or not)

Just googled this and it appears to be correct. I’ll delete my lies!!

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

It was a mistake not to pay the money and hire Tarkowski. However as I said before he will not come to us unless he is a guaranteed starter. I think that ship has sailed , he will probably go to Newcastle who will pay him more than us , he will be a nailed on starter and quite possibly their captain.

...not sure about that!!!

Burnley was asking a Kings ransom for Tarkowski even though his contract was expiring at the end of this season.  We were desperate and could easily have been milked dry if we decided to bring him in.

With Evans's ongoing problems, it would be prudent to bring Tarkowski in as the leader in the backline and any games we got from Evans would be a bonus. We possibly could use Evans in Cup and European games.

He (Tarkowski) could very well be a nailed on starter here, and bringing him in, in January may be a wise move, it will  cost us though!!

44 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

He does have his flaws and I think they hold him back from being a great manager. Again, we are lucky. 

However, at some point the players themselves have to step up. Many are just not performing and they need to look at themselves too. 

...could that possibly be a shortfall in Rodger's armoury!!!

He has a reputation as a man manager but twice he has failed to steer his ship into harbour. MON have players saying they would run through a brickwall for him, is that something that we can aquaint with Rodgers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure about that!!!

Burnley was asking a Kings ransom for Tarkowski even though his contract was expiring at the end of this season.  We were desperate and could easily have been milked dry if we decided to bring him in.

With Evans's ongoing problems, it would be prudent to bring Tarkowski in as the leader in the backline and any games we got from Evans would be a bonus. We possibly could use Evans in Cup and European games.

He (Tarkowski) could very well be a nailed on starter here, and bringing him in, in January may be a wise move, it will  cost us though!!

With our 55 million net spend in the summer, I would be amazed if we made anymore expensive signings in January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...could that possibly be a shortfall in Rodger's armoury!!!

He has a reputation as a man manager but twice he has failed to steer his ship into harbour. MON have players saying they would run through a brickwall for him, is that something that we can aquaint with Rodgers.

Possibly not and our players have a history of falling off when they’re not happy. If this tailspin is not arrested by BR then it’s concerns me as to where it might lead. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

With our 55 million net spend in the summer, I would be amazed if we made anymore expensive signings in January.

...I would hazard a guess that with our present predicament, we will be looking for someone to come in at the back in the January window!!!

The popular belief is that one of our better players will go in the summer, so we will have an opportunity to spend in January. Not sure we will keep hold of Lookman, he does all the right things but generally no end product which is a great surprise and we might see Berardi coming in to replace him.

14 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Brendan odds have dropped for the Newcastle job. Either silly punters, or there is no smoke without fire..

Take it all with a pinch of salt. I'd imagine if you look further down the list you'll have Ant and Dec listed! Notorious these markets. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Well, at least you gave Lookman quite a few minutes on the pitch before writing him off...

....very much a fan of Lookman and wanted a Right Winger in, irrespective of a big price player!!!

He has been a refreshing addition to the team and nearly everything about him on the pitch is positive apart from end product. it is a bit strange that with is involvement and what he puts into the game there is no assists and 1 goal ( EFL cup) emanating from his play.

On 10/10/2021 at 13:05, Babylon said:

“The squad we had”… of which we were missing huge chunks of it constantly or had players struggling when they returned.

Due to countless injuries - something BR should be held accountable for. Even factoring in the shorter breaks during lockdown and when compared to other teams, our injury record has been ridiculous during his time in charge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would hazard a guess that with our present predicament, we will be looking for someone to come in at the back in the January window!!!

The popular belief is that one of our better players will go in the summer, so we will have an opportunity to spend in January. Not sure we will keep hold of Lookman, he does all the right things but generally no end product which is a great surprise and we might see Berardi coming in to replace him.

I don't know how attractive a team we'll be to come to for the likes of  Berardi in the summer. A lot can happen by then.

1 hour ago, NeilLCFC said:

Due to countless injuries - something BR should be held accountable for. Even factoring in the shorter breaks during lockdown and when compared to other teams, our injury record has been ridiculous during his time in charge.

With all due respect, I’m happy to have that discussion on if it’s had an impact, I’ve said it’s got to the point something isn’t right, but we’ve also had three unfortunate long term ones to three players who were in our top 1 or 2 players at the time.

1 hour ago, NeilLCFC said:

I am curious, why is Brendan responsible? Isn’t it the physio team more? You may be right, just wondered as to your reasoning.

10 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Completely agree with everything you’ve said. 

If we were to continue looking this poor and he were to get sacked in February for example, players like Maddison Tielemans Soyuncu would have let him down massively, but I guess that’s a reflection of today’s football and the power players wield.