Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I remember when we got a training ground tour as one of the ‘Moscow 25’ and one of the things I took away from it was how involved Rodgers had been with the plans.

The guy who gave us the tour (an Operations guy the club had taken from Spurs) talked about going for weekly walk and talks round the site with Rodgers and seeing what he wanted changing from certain aspects of the site. That guy also hinted at Rodgers having not been interested in leaving when there had been an opportunity thanks to the influence and control he had over how things worked at the club.

Thinking back to this has almost been a bit of a penny drop moment for me. Rodgers has been so influential and involved with the design and plan of that training ground that I think the club and board will see it as a bit of wasted time and investment to discard him easily.

If Rodgers goes, a new guy comes in who hasn’t been part of ‘the plan’ and who might want different things from the training ground and changes to something the club believe is a blueprint for the long-term success of the club and don’t want to deviate from.

Personally I’m not minded that way. I think the cost and hassle of any change is far lesser than that of not having a new guy in the manager seat and inevitably getting relegated. But those in the club are likely so entrenched in it that they almost don’t want to see what’s in front of them and rip up the work that’s been done down at Seagrave with Rodgers having been given disproportionate influence and power.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I remember when we got a training ground tour as one of the ‘Moscow 25’ and one of the things I took away from it was how involved Rodgers had been with the plans.

The guy who gave us the tour (an Operations guy the club had taken from Spurs) talked about going for weekly walk and talks round the site with Rodgers and seeing what he wanted changing from certain aspects of the site. That guy also hinted at Rodgers having not been interested in leaving when there had been an opportunity thanks to the influence and control he had over how things worked at the club.

Thinking back to this has almost been a bit of a penny drop moment for me. Rodgers has been so influential and involved with the design and plan of that training ground that I think the club and board will see it as a bit of wasted time and investment to discard him easily.

If Rodgers goes, a new guy comes in who hasn’t been part of ‘the plan’ and who might want different things from the training ground and changes to something the club believe is a blueprint for the long-term success of the club and don’t want to deviate from.

Personally I’m not minded that way. I think the cost and hassle of any change is far lesser than that of not having a new guy in the manager seat and inevitably getting relegated. But those in the club are likely so entrenched in it that they almost don’t want to see what’s in front of them and rip up the work that’s been done down at Seagrave with Rodgers having been given disproportionate influence and power.

We went after Rodgers big time even paying a release fee , and he dictated the terms of his contract and even more at its renewal. The next manager needs to accept what we as a club want and his freedom of action must be limited. Believe me there will still be plenty who will want the job.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

most are assuming that his severance cant be much more than a year's salary .

what if we are wrong and we signed a more shocking deal than even we could have imagined to keep him away from arsenal ?? 

If they can't afford to pay him off and did offer such a deal then they've made him bigger than the club.

Top, the board, the powers that be are now fully culpable, i've wanted Rodgers out for too long now, others are now joining me but this now goes way beyond Rodgers.

• Like 3

On 08/10/2022 at 17:13, themightyfin said:

Finally I think he's  done. 

I don't see anyway back from here for him and I think the sticking point that was keeping him in a job has finally lost its adhesive.  

Shocked in the extreme if he gets through the next 48 hours. 

Guessing you’re shocked in the extreme then… 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Rangers and Celtic don't get premiership money. If we had got a Champions league spot those two seasons and got to the last 16 (big if I know) then that would have generated £60m. That's what we owe now and why Fofana had to go.

....Fofana did not have to go  we were not looking to sell him!!!

Just because he went did not mean we went out looking to offload just for money. 

We are obsessed about our perceived financial situation, we do not have the figures so  let us put down the lack of "refreshment" on FFP. Everything points to that, one out one in, our salaries are too high, we have 10 out of contract at the end of the season,  we will be able to properly address the situation then.

8 hours ago, BigMicky said:

Maybe so but it's a terrible way to approach it. I want to win every game regardless of who is in charge. For the record I want Rodgers gone. 

Obviously you dont want him gone hard enough, how much longer can we put up with this, I suspect if it was a dead cert he'd be gone if we lost and a vote was put up it would  be veering to a loss to get rid, it's truly that bad Saturday was the very last straw for me, hideous outcome from a winning first half, with a predictable melt down when they scored second half its routine now, and has gone on way too long.

Just checking in after picking grapes all day.  Is he still here??   If so, he has for sure has some photographs of Rudders entering a sheep wearing  a Derby shirt.