Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Ultimately I just never thought we'd be a club that gives up. The club is unrecognisable to me

I have to admit, that’s how I now see it. It’s like we are resigned to the thought of being relegated and the club genuinely doesn’t seem too bothered.

I just hope we can get some bounce from somewhere, starting Saturday.

Just now, Col city fan said:

I have to admit, that’s how I now see it. It’s like we are resigned to the thought of being relegated and the club genuinely doesn’t seem too bothered.

It's just short term papering over the cracks though and prolongs the misery. I never want us to lose but it's hard to take much joy from anything to do with the club currently 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why would we think this though and not be bothered?

How could the club not be bothered about relegation? We’re not a newly promoted club. Our outgoings are established PL side. The club would be massively hit if we go down so why wouldn’t they bothered?

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Why would we think this though and not be bothered?

How could the club not be bothered about relegation? We’re not a newly promoted club. Our outgoings are established PL side. The club would be massively hit if we go down so why wouldn’t they bothered?

Ever they have too much blind faith in Rodgers which is crazy because we are heading for a relegation under Rodgers. He’s not turning this around.

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Ultimately I just never thought we'd be a club that gives up. The club is unrecognisable to me

We have turned into a worse version of Newcastle under Ashley and it’s a completely absurd and avoidable fall from grace.

Edit: The board are that bad at this point that I’m starting to have a bit of sympathy for Rodgers. I wonder what cluster ****s we aren’t aware of that he’s had to put up with to drive him to this point 

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

We have turned into a worse version of Newcastle under Ashley and it’s a completely absurd and avoidable fall from grace.

It's totally avoidable. I don't care how much stick most of the players are getting, there's absolutely no way they should be bottom half let alone bottom! 

10 is a nice round number, isn't it?

Is it possible at all that a manager might have a clause written into their contract based on performance after 10 games? I.e. if we're below position X after Y games in any season, we can terminate his contract on favourable terms?

I've tried to look at this from every angle and I can't find a way that any sane person, let alone a successful and previously decisive owner, sees not sacking Rodgers as a matter of urgency as the right thing to do.

If it was me and it was a case of being able to hold off for one more game to save millions of pounds (money which might be able to be invested in January), then I wouldn't be sacking Rodgers right now either.

It would have to be something like that for it to make any sense at all. It's just so abundantly obvious that we're not turning this around. Too obvious. I refuse to believe Top is stupid enough to not see this.

Drastic action is so obviously needed and Top must know that. He has to know that. We need a true leader to come in, get the basics right and make an example out of any player not willing to put in the hard yards.

Turning things around for us isn't difficult. Difficult would be adding goals to a team lacking quality. All we need is to do the easy stuff half well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Top picked the wrong game to come to. Palace is going to be horrible when we concede.

It'll be even worse by the end if we score first. Perhaps a massive vocal protest is the push the club needs to be awakened from its mystifying lethargy. 

To all the utter fools (like me)  who thought that the 4-0 meant we are better than that lot -  we aint.

Even with a ragbag of strangers, as predicted they got something from their game tonight

Under this conman we are the worst team in the prem and unless he goes l firmly believe we will finish bottom on a record low points to go with a record goals conceded. 😡

So unnecessary

So sad

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I remember when we got a training ground tour as one of the ‘Moscow 25’ and one of the things I took away from it was how involved Rodgers had been with the plans.

The guy who gave us the tour (an Operations guy the club had taken from Spurs) talked about going for weekly walk and talks round the site with Rodgers and seeing what he wanted changing from certain aspects of the site. That guy also hinted at Rodgers having not been interested in leaving when there had been an opportunity thanks to the influence and control he had over how things worked at the club.

Thinking back to this has almost been a bit of a penny drop moment for me. Rodgers has been so influential and involved with the design and plan of that training ground that I think the club and board will see it as a bit of wasted time and investment to discard him easily.

If Rodgers goes, a new guy comes in who hasn’t been part of ‘the plan’ and who might want different things from the training ground and changes to something the club believe is a blueprint for the long-term success of the club and don’t want to deviate from.

Personally I’m not minded that way. I think the cost and hassle of any change is far lesser than that of not having a new guy in the manager seat and inevitably getting relegated. But those in the club are likely so entrenched in it that they almost don’t want to see what’s in front of them and rip up the work that’s been done down at Seagrave with Rodgers having been given disproportionate influence and power.

...they did say that they wanted Rodgers to oversee the restructuring of the club throughout!!!

I wonder how much the development team result tonight will impact their thought process. Rodgers is going to get a lot of credit for the players coming through, but if the fruits of his labour is not shining so bright, you well start to think again. 

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

i think you over estimate the abilities of our first 11

...he is right, there is no way that we should be where we are!!!

Just looking at the Forest game should give you an indication of the potential we have. 

We need a catalyst in order for us to be at our best, we at present have a manager who suffocated and causes endless indecision on the pitch.The instructions he gives to his players appears to be different versions to the various departments on the pitch.

They are all trying to take onboard how Rodgers wants to play, it doesn't mean it is the right way, but no one will tell him it doesn't work,  and that is why we need a leader on the pitch.

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is right, there is no way that we should be where we are!!!

Just looking at the Forest game should give you an indication of the potential we have. 

We need a catalyst in order for us to be at our best, we at present have a manager who suffocated and causes endless indecision on the pitch.The instructions he gives to his players appears to be different versions to the various departments on the pitch.

They are all trying to take onboard how Rodgers wants to play, it doesn't mean it is the right way, but no one will tell him it doesn't work,  and that is why we need a leader on the pitch.

Team against Bournemouth and on the bench or not in squad.

Ward - say no more

Justin - hasn't been any good since back from injury, can't defend.

Evans - passed it, slow. Steve Walsh infact pointed him out as struggling.

Faes - not great so far, very inconsistent.

Youri - one foot out the door.

KDH - doesn't have the energy he did when he first got his chance, without that he's not good.

Vardy - missing all his chances, looks finished.

Perez - never been good enough to make an impact.

Soyuncu - frozen out

Praet - frozen out

Nacho - Rodgers doesn't trust him.

Vestegaard - awful

bertrand - finished as a player.

albrighton - doesnt really impact the game anymore, untrusted.

ricardo - constantly injured.

Thomas - inconsistent, doesn't get forward enough.

Barnes - inconsistent, runs into players and loses the ball a lot but the best we have.

Positives - castagne, daka, maddison (albeit we may only have him for 6 more games). 

Forest are without doubt the worst team in the league right now, only reason villa didn't beat them is because they couldn't finish, they are no benchmark.

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

So if we lose the next 5 games, 12 defeats out of 14, on 4 points after nearly half the season, he would still be here?

No. 

After Brentford at home, you might have said....

'So if we lose 7 out of the next 8 games, concede 22 goals in the process, have less than half a point per game in the opening 24% of the season, he would still be here?'

And yet here he is! 

I disagree that the squad lacks ability. 

Yes, it's nowhere near what it was 3-4 years ago but there is definitely enough quality within to finish 12th - 15th, without worrying about relegation. Think mid 2010s Stoke. Nothing glamourous but you could ride it for a few seasons.

We've got goals in Madison, Daks, Nacho and Vardy. Between them they can get about 35 goals a season, which is enough to drag you to a respectable place.

It's just the defence needs sorting and needs sorting NOW. Sell Youri for £10 million, get his wages out and bring in a half decent CB who can organise. That Conor Coady went on loan to Everton and nobody else took a shot is astounding. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nod.E said:

10 is a nice round number, isn't it?

Is it possible at all that a manager might have a clause written into their contract based on performance after 10 games? I.e. if we're below position X after Y games in any season, we can terminate his contract on favourable terms?

I've tried to look at this from every angle and I can't find a way that any sane person, let alone a successful and previously decisive owner, sees not sacking Rodgers as a matter of urgency as the right thing to do.

If it was me and it was a case of being able to hold off for one more game to save millions of pounds (money which might be able to be invested in January), then I wouldn't be sacking Rodgers right now either.

It would have to be something like that for it to make any sense at all. It's just so abundantly obvious that we're not turning this around. Too obvious. I refuse to believe Top is stupid enough to not see this.

Drastic action is so obviously needed and Top must know that. He has to know that. We need a true leader to come in, get the basics right and make an example out of any player not willing to put in the hard yards.

Turning things around for us isn't difficult. Difficult would be adding goals to a team lacking quality. All we need is to do the easy stuff half well.

This is how I’ve been convincing myself that there’s some logic to this situation. There must be a contractual term that, if triggered, means a significant saving.

Lets hope it is 10 games as I’m not sure how many more I can take!! 

7 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I disagree that the squad lacks ability. 

Yes, it's nowhere near what it was 3-4 years ago but there is definitely enough quality within to finish 12th - 15th, without worrying about relegation. Think mid 2010s Stoke. Nothing glamourous but you could ride it for a few seasons.

We've got goals in Madison, Daks, Nacho and Vardy. Between them they can get about 35 goals a season, which is enough to drag you to a respectable place.

It's just the defence needs sorting and needs sorting NOW. Sell Youri for £10 million, get his wages out and bring in a half decent CB who can organise. That Conor Coady went on loan to Everton and nobody else took a shot is astounding. 

Connor Coady is a great player, but only in a back 5. 

if the new manager is committed to that formation then he’d be a great signing.

10 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Connor Coady is a great player, but only in a back 5. 

if the new manager is committed to that formation then he’d be a great signing.

Everton beg to differ on that - they've been playing a back four and say he's exactly what the club needed - just arrived twelve months too late really. 

In scenes similar to Leicester, apparently Lage at Wolves didn't like the power he held 

I'd love to know BR's status as en "elite" manager actually came from. On the grand scheme of things, he has actually achieved very little. Never far away, granted.

Pep is an elite manager, BR is not on the same level.

• Like 2