Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I'd love to know BR's status as en "elite" manager actually came from. On the grand scheme of things, he has actually achieved very little. Never far away, granted.

Pep is an elite manager, BR is not on the same level.

It came from Robbie Savage on BT Sport when Leicester were doing well and other pundits have since picked it up and ran with it since they all talk in lazy cliches. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I'd love to know BR's status as en "elite" manager actually came from. On the grand scheme of things, he has actually achieved very little. Never far away, granted.

Pep is an elite manager, BR is not on the same level.

Its all to do with Celtic , and the over estimation of their managers . O'Neil was the same and his reputation was built on being a shark in a goldfish pond. Rodgers has his strengths but definitely does not have the personality of a top manager. He is a mini- Mourinho. I don't like José at all but given his lack of a proper football CV , he has somehow blagged and bullshitted his way to the top echelon , although fading rapidly now.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Its all to do with Celtic , and the over estimation of their managers . O'Neil was the same and his reputation was built on being a shark in a goldfish pond. Rodgers has his strengths but definitely does not have the personality of a top manager. He is a mini- Mourinho. I don't like José at all but given his lack of a proper football CV , he has somehow blagged and bullshitted his way to the top echelon , although fading rapidly now.

Alot of the best managers don't have a great cv tbf. You can not like moutinho but it's abit weird to claim he's blagged his career. Which for the most part has produced a ridiculous amount of success  

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Alot of the best managers don't have a great cv tbf. You can not like moutinho but it's abit weird to claim he's blagged his career. Which fir the most parts produced a ridiculous amount of success  

Not like he didn't work to get there either

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Apparently the club are forwarding none offensive emails onto the members of the board….. 

Not that it's going to matter - We've got him for another week at least. 

Another week where we aren't likely to pick up points and where the gap will get bigger.

36 minutes ago, NasPb said:

We need to get dirty lads. Learn a bit from Newcastle fans vs Steve bruce.) not death threats ofc) but making abundantly clear we want this charlatan out of our club. Unfortunately we have too many softies who think are too scared. Matt piper and them don't help 

7D4C3632-1F24-4906-BE04-A3BB459D42DC.gif.0a6a45005485a57b6ca46dfc88ed0478.gif

14 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

We have turned into a worse version of Newcastle under Ashley and it’s a completely absurd and avoidable fall from grace.

Edit: The board are that bad at this point that I’m starting to have a bit of sympathy for Rodgers. I wonder what cluster ****s we aren’t aware of that he’s had to put up with to drive him to this point 

Somebody who is thinking like myself. Very very few are privy to his relationship with the board. Fans are saying that it looks like he wants out and to be sacked, but Top won't do this. Why??? There has got to be something going on at the club that prevents the obvious. This loyalty thing he came out with? This is code talk. I am starting to wonder if he really is being undermined from above. The one big red flag is Wes Forfana. They didn't need to let him go. Days before window closed. He kept saying. Let's grt window closed and re set. Worked with mahrez. Got our money in the end. I think Forfana is the last straw for Rodgers. Just my opinion. Trying to just work this out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Htfox59 said:

Somebody who is thinking like myself. Very very few are privy to his relationship with the board. Fans are saying that it looks like he wants out and to be sacked, but Top won't do this. Why??? There has got to be something going on at the club that prevents the obvious. This loyalty thing he came out with? This is code talk. I am starting to wonder if he really is being undermined from above. The one big red flag is Wes Forfana. They didn't need to let him go. Days before window closed. He kept saying. Let's grt window closed and re set. Worked with mahrez. Got our money in the end. I think Forfana is the last straw for Rodgers. Just my opinion. Trying to just work this out.

If that’s all it is then I’d have no sympathy for Brendan. The money he has wasted led to this point.

I think you have to take two steps back and look at a human level. Club won a trophy in honour of the chairman’s son. A lot of pride collected and a lot of anguish stored set aside. 

On a human level, Top is going to find it difficult to part with the bloke what brought in a big portion of that. 

The thing is it’s still a business. The club has been ran like a business all summer but then ran on a human level now. 

4 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

After Brentford at home, you might have said....

'So if we lose 7 out of the next 8 games, concede 22 goals in the process, have less than half a point per game in the opening 24% of the season, he would still be here?'

And yet here he is! 

...just imagine if you can, that Top will never sack him, never!!!

This will be on a matter of principle as he feels he owes Rodgers the revamp that was promised.

It will not matter what transpires this season,  Top is prepared to bear the ire of our fanbase and not hold Rodgers accountable.

Rodgers on the other hand wants out, he no longer wants to be here and these performances are doing nothing for his reputation.  He has now taken to going down the tunnel as fast as he can, you sense  there is an amount of frustration building in him. 

He remarked not too long ago that he could understand if the club sought to release him, that was more him saying get on with it I would think.

So Rodgers is in effect skewered, at a place he really does not want to be and in a position he wants to be released from. His only recourse is to walk away, it is a lot to leave on the table, but there is no other option available to him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

If that’s all it is then I’d have no sympathy for Brendan. The money he has wasted led to this point.

But he hasn't wasted the money. The board have on yhe advice on others than him

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just imagine if you can, that Top will never sack him, never!!!

This will be on a matter of principle as he feels he owes Rodgers the revamp that was promised.

It will not matter what transpires this season,  Top is prepared to bear the ire of our fanbase and not hold Rodgers accountable.

Rodgers on the other hand wants out, he no longer wants to be here and these performances are doing nothing for his reputation.  He has now taken to going down the tunnel as fast as he can, you sense  there is an amount of frustration building in him. 

He remarked not too long ago that he could understand if the club sought to release him, that was more him saying get on with it I would think.

So Rodgers is in effect skewered, at a place he really does not want to be and in a position he wants to be released from. His only recourse is to walk away, it is a lot to leave on the table, but there is no other option available to him.

Well put 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
21 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Only forwarding the ones that say Brendan is doing a good job.

So they have only read two emails